First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I forgot to post an update to this. But I ended up going with a Carbon Fiber Grill Bar cover. Couldn't stand the Lariat Iconic Silver bar with the black and CO look I was going for. I like this much better.

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar pxl_20230803_152941251-

Now if I could just get rid of the chrome trim in the headlamps!!

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I forgot to post an update to this. But I ended up going with a Carbon Fiber Grill Bar cover. Couldn't stand the Lariat Iconic Silver bar with the black and CO look I was going for. I like this much better.

pxl_20230803_152941251-jpg.jpg

I thought I ordered a grill bar cover but I ended up ordering only a partial cover which won’t look good with the silver background. Where did you order your bar cover?

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Cyber Orange FX4 Lariat, with fully blacked out emblems/ovals. No chrome remaining. However, the bright silver Lariat grille bar is driving me bonkers. I got 2 quotes to paint it. One shop quoted $600 for one color, $800 for two. The other quoted $800 for one color and would not do 2 colors. I was split on painting Cyber Orange or Black. 50/50 to me. But $600-$800 is very pricey just for a painted grille bar.

So I got the bright idea to just order a black XL grille bar from parts.ford.com. I think I can live with just the black color, and then just sell my Lariat silver one to help offset the cost. However, Ford's listings of all the Maverick grille parts are not clear. And there are no pictures.

I think that Part #8200C is the Carbon Black grille bar. Doing part number searches on Google, or diagrams has yielded nothing.

Anyone know for certain what the part number is for the XL grille bar? I would like to order it today or tomorrow while it's marked $70 below MSRP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

🤞

mavmodblkbar-jpg.jpg

mavmodblkcarsylwstripe-jpg.jpg

mavmodylwbarblkstrp-jpg.jpg

mavmodylwbarylwstrp-jpg.jpg
I painted mine myself. Just painted the part in the grill. Left the part on the headlights silver, which blends right in with the headlights. Gives the grill a more massive look. Did not remove it to paint it. Used a lot of newspaper and blue tape to keep paint where I wanted it. Probably took about 2 hours, and was way cheaper than $600.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I was kind of leaning towards gloss. Get some gloss black rims and paint the side mirror caps gloss black as well. And replace Ford emblem with their smoke chrome/black one.
They do make Piano black grille bar covers. I put them on my XL. They look great. Only thing I'd caution is to add more 3M VHB on the outer sides before install. Otherwise they will not stick next to the turn signals very secure. Not the best pic, but the only one I have of the bars.
Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar 20230913_165328

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

pxl_20230803_152941251-jpg.jpg

That would require baking them apart.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly not fond of those covers or their applicators. If/when I do this, I will be removing and painting. I've considered having it painted to match my Carbon Grey, but I think the standard XLT color would look fine. Not a fan of piano black, carbon fiber, or the matte style ones. The XLT one looks great.

The only part number I could find was NZ6Z8200ABPTM.

I think that part is primed and not painted? I'd much rather spend the money for the exact XLT one if I was going that route, but only if it's painted from the factory. Otherwise I'm spending an hour pulling it apart and I'll just pay someone to paint match the Carbon Grey.

But, I still have not found the motivation for this project and likely won't until next summer. I really want to wait until BAP headlights/tail lights become more easily available. No rush for this modification for me.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do make Piano black grille bar covers. I put them on my XL. They look great. Only thing I'd caution is to add more 3M VHB on the outer sides before install. Otherwise they will not stick next to the turn signals very secure. Not the best pic, but the only one I have of the bars.
20230913_165328.jpg
I can understand why they wouldn't want to make it as one piece, but looks like it'd be a bit better if they designed one side to extend further and wrap around the Ford emblem instead of leaving that part of the original bar exposed.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can understand why they wouldn't want to make it as one piece, but looks like it'd be a bit better if they designed one side to extend further and wrap around the Ford emblem instead of leaving that part of the original bar exposed.
They do make a piece to wrap around the emblem. I wasn't going to do that, but after installing the sides I am considering the oval wraps. They include both front and rear.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I ordered a grill bar cover but I ended up ordering only a partial cover which won’t look good with the silver background. Where did you order your bar cover?
You can't see any silver on mine. None. And here's why. I dry fit it first without adhesive to see where the silver shown through. And then I put matte black vinyl wrap at the seams. Looks great. No one even notices it looking directly at it. Would work well with matte black cover, gloss black or, like in my case, carbon fiber.

These are the exact grill covers I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/314596286121
And the exact badge cover: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285287354977

But there are kits where you can get both together on eBay or Amazon.

And here is the matte black wrap I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MVRQ7HW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar CoverAtBadge copy

Seam #1 is between left and right covers. I butted these very tight as you can see. The seam is hardly visible. But I put black matte tape under it just in case. Seam #2 is the widest most visible gap. This would have looked awful without matte black tape under it. It's not noticeable really at all. And this will hold up way better than painting plastic.

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar CoverAtHeadlights copy

Seam #3 and Seam #4 are for notches in the cover to go around that bump out. These are not as noticeable, but when it was silver it was much more visible than they are now. Some matte black tape here and know would even know it's a cover.

Now look at those places in the over all photo. See any silver grill bar? Nope. The glares you see are from the shiny finish of the carbon fiber reflecting light.
Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar pxl_20230803_152941251-jpg-

Sponsored
OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And here is the back badge cover. Which fits perfectly.

Ford Maverick Need XL Grille Bar Part Number - Blacking Out my Lariat Grille Bar 1000002410

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't see any silver on mine. None. And here's why. I dry fit it first without adhesive to see where the silver shown through. And then I put matte black vinyl wrap at the seams. Looks great. No one even notices it looking directly at it. Would work well with matte black cover, gloss black or, like in my case, carbon fiber.

These are the exact grill covers I bought: https://www.ebay.com/itm/314596286121
And the exact badge cover: https://www.ebay.com/itm/285287354977

But there are kits where you can get both together on eBay or Amazon.

And here is the matte black wrap I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MVRQ7HW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

CoverAtBadge copy.jpg

Seam #1 is between left and right covers. I butted these very tight as you can see. The seam is hardly visible. But I put black matte tape under it just in case. Seam #2 is the widest most visible gap. This would have looked awful without matte black tape under it. It's not noticeable really at all. And this will hold up way better than painting plastic.

CoverAtHeadlights copy.jpg

Seam #3 and Seam #4 are for notches in the cover to go around that bump out. These are not as noticeable, but when it was silver it was much more visible than they are now. Some matte black tape here and know would even know it's a cover.

Now look at those places in the over all photo. See any silver grill bar? Nope. The glares you see are from the shiny finish of the carbon fiber reflecting light.
pxl_20230803_152941251-jpg-jpg.jpg
Wow! Thank you for all the details! I’m thinking this wasn’t a small project. I’m sure you probably looked at removing the accent grille and painting it which I guess is my other option.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow! Thank you for all the details! I’m thinking this wasn’t a small project. I’m sure you probably looked at removing the accent grille and painting it which I guess is my other option.
It took me 20 minutes. It took me 5 minutes to dry fit everything and see where the silver shown through. It took me 5 minutes to apply the matte black vinyl wrap tape in just the visible places. Then it took me 10 minutes to pull the adhesive tape off the back of the covers and apply the covers in place.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I knew it wouldn't be long before Lariat and XLT owners would want to copy our black XL grills. Next they'll want our steelies. :D
Yep, black is where it's at! The silver Lariat bar looks anemic with Cyber Orange and black wheels/trim. And there was no black out package option back when I ordered in June 2021.
Sponsored