2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, now I am complaining...lol

Called _____ ford in wisconsin....listed in the ford search inventory tab for $22,900. (This is the price I am finding for 10 year old 4runners....)

I call them...they tell me it is their demo vehicle, but they can "order one for me." I ask if that one is for sale..."yes, for $41,000."

That's fine, but don't let it be advertised for 22k, if it is really 41k.

Unscrupulous.... I have been a ford guy for 30 years.... not happy the way things have been going at Ford these days.

Complaint over ;-)
There is no inventory anywhere, even the popular dealerships in my area which are some of the largest on the east coast don’t have anything. My doppelgänger Maverick at one local dealership was listed for $49k and sold. USED with 5,000 miles on it! I thought it was a joke initially (Craigslist listing) but it was legit. I have no idea if they buyer negotiated it down or not either.

Your best bet is making contact with a few dealers, telling them that your interested in a Maverick and see if you can pick up one from a refused order or consider slightly used. Or look at another make as stated.

The only truck I see pop up consistently is the current Ford Ranger in terms of a midsize truck. And of course tons of overpriced used F150s.

If you liked your escape, you might find one of those new potentially too as I have seen them on Ford lots recently. Could always go that route and order a Maverick at the same time also.
Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford Escape hybrid is more expensive, but a little easier to find new and even gets the same or better gas mileage.

OP
OP

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
The Ford Escape hybrid is more expensive, but a little easier to find new and even gets the same or better gas mileage.
Ford ruined the escape since 2010.... emasculating its appearance every revision since Gen 1....then they tried to fix what the did with the Bronco sport..lol
Sponsored