First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why does my ‘24 XLT hybrid have ( or not have)switches that aren’t in the manual or quick reference guide? The console switch on the right in the photo? It’s not in the symbol index.
And the auto start- stop shut off switch? I read about it in the manual, I know what it looks like.
But it ain’t on my truck.

IMG_1611.jpeg
Auto start stop will be on your Ford Pass App it will crank your car at a set time the switch on the right if you are talking about the switch with the hand once you stop at the light and release your break it will sit there until you mash the gas your car will not roll I believe it's called Break assist I could be wrong about the name but not the function
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOLS. Hybrid DOES "auto start/stop", there is no button to disable it.

In fact it auto stops without the vehicle stopping.........

Tyree1n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Auto start stop will be on your Ford Pass App it will crank your car at a set time the switch on the right if you are talking about the switch with the hand once you stop at the light and release your break it will sit there until you mash the gas your car will not roll I believe it's called Break assist I could be wrong about the name but not the function

Tyree1n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Mystery switches. Screenshot_20240416_110628_FordPass

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Auto start stop will be on your Ford Pass App it will crank your car at a set time
That is a "scheduled start," not the auto start/stop being discussed here. The two concepts are not related.

Sponsored

Tyree1n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
maybe I'm confused about auto start then I thought that meant you can hit a button to start your car without being in it and you can also do that from the Ford pass and at the same time you can schedule a start to crank up at the same time every day two different start features so maybe I'm just confused about auto start I thought auto start
Why does my ‘24 XLT hybrid have ( or not have)switches that aren’t in the manual or quick reference guide? The console switch on the right in the photo? It’s not in the symbol index.
And the auto start- stop shut off switch? I read about it in the manual, I know what it looks like.

IMG_1611.jpeg
Apologize one of my earlier comments about the Ford Pass App it is a remote start on the app not auto start

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You are correct I was incorrect that is a remote start that I'm referring to not auto start
All good; it isn't something you have to worry about on Hybrids - hence, no switch to turn it off.

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_1611.jpeg
The switch on the right activates your brake hold function. When you pull up to a stop light with it turned on, you can take your foot off of the brake pedal and the brakes will stay engaged. Just press the gas and off you go.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because the Auto-Start Stop function as it pertains to Ford and its disable button in the Ecoboost, automatically starts and stops the ICE when you come to a complete stop. The hybrid is switching it on and off whenever the need arises. Is it automatic? Yes. Does it work the same way as what Ford defines as Auto-start-stop as in the EcoBoost? No. The Ecoboost ICE has to start for the vehicle to go. The hybrid's ICE doesn't have to.

If you want to say the hybrid has auto-start-stop, knock yourself out. The owner's manual tell you how to turn auto-start-stop off and on. Let me know how that works out for you. edit: you don't have a hybrid.
I would say we're splitting hairs here. Seems like it boils down to one's definition of Auto-Start/Stop.
Sponsored