Sponsored

MY23 Day 1 order: not scheduled, cryptic constraint codes & pricing silently increased?

subiefiles

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Mav Lariat (+lots of Subarus)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a MY23 order in on day 1 (or day2?) Sept 16, '22. Its a Lariat Ecoboost AWD.
Back in February I got an update from the dealer that it was "clean, unscheduled" so I was just waiting to be scheduled.
Now in April its still not scheduled and I got another update from the dealer saying it has multiple constraints:
- G14 "Operating plan Plant Level"
- G15 "Material availability: 11713"
- G26 "P&L special assembly requirements: 2.0 ecoboost" (i thought only hybrids were constrained?)
- G9 "dealer vehicle allocation"

Initially my order when placed was put at priority 11 and price level 315, but now they have it at priority 15 and price level 330
The price on the order summary has gone up $480 (increase in base msrp and dest&delivery, $20 discount for "4g LTE hotspot removal").

What the hell is going on here?
Can anyone explain those G-codes?
Why wasn't I informed the price increased, can I do anything about that since I have the original order summary that shows differently?
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any optional equipment/accessories on the order? Your dealer controls priority at this point. Watch fordvideoguy videos on YouTube (awesome guy) for pricing info. Order can’t be scheduled if dealer doesn’t have allocations

OP
OP

subiefiles

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any optional equipment/accessories on the order? Your dealer controls priority at this point. Watch fordvideoguy videos on YouTube (awesome guy) for pricing info. Order can’t be scheduled if dealer doesn’t have allocations
It’s Atlas Blue and options:
- moonroof
- remote start
- 4k tow pkg
- lariat lux pkg
- copilot 360
- sprayin bedliner

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The G codes are simply all the reasons they did not schedule it for production. Any/all of them could be a reason, but the more there are, the less likely it is to schedule. If you want to focus on just one of them, go with the "dealer vehicle allocation" reason. Your dealership has xxx orders and was only given yyyy allocations for the month. If they have used all their allocations, none of the other reasons matter. But Ford is nice enough to tell you MULTIPLE reasons why they did not schedule yours.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Price increase should not apply. They should honor original pricing. If dealer moved up priority I would ask them why. Allocation for dealer is main reason

Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As long as your dealer is at least semi-honest (which is never a good assumption), you should be price ptotected. As for going from Priority 11 to 15, that is ENTIRELY something that was done by your dealer. Basically they have someone that they want scheduled before you. This could be an employee order, someone that was more of a sqeaky wheel than you, etc..

The good news is that since you have a higher-end Ecoboost order, it ultimately should be filled this year. If it were a Hybrid, then your chances would be much, much less.

In the end, Allocation is what seems to matter more than anything else. As has been pointed out, a larger dealer may have taken 500+ orders but will only have 300 of them filled this year at roughly 30 per month.

It could be worse. I placed an order for an XL Hybrid on Oct 1, 2021. Still waiting and honestly don't expect the order to ever get scheduled.

OP
OP

subiefiles

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They told me they have all their orders at the same priority and they haven’t received basically any Maverick orders this year. Which seems dumb and as if they don’t even know what theyre doing. If I understand it correctly, then even though my order was the 2nd MY23 order they put in when the order banks opened, mine is just as likely to get built as any of their other Maverick orders. It’s a small dealer so I doubt they have more than 20 on order in total.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wild guesses:
- G14 "Operating plan Plant Level" - They only planned to build a certain number of trucks this month and have scheduled them all.
- G15 "Material availability: 11713" - Likely ran out of something you ordered (SIBL, Moonroof, etc)
- G26 "P&L special assembly requirements: 2.0 ecoboost" - Maybe the 4K tow? It does have added/changed components.
- G9 "dealer vehicle allocation" - This one is likely the primary reason. Willing to bet the above populated once Ford started filling up the order banks.

Allocation is still king. If dealer doesn't have an allocation, it won't matter.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a pretty loaded truck very similar to my 22. Did not see you list adaptive cruise control or whatever Ford calls it now. They broke that feature out on the 23's. On a 22 it came with the Lariat Lux package. If you went this far go all the way. Perhaps it was overlooked.

robhooper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is my understanding they put cruise control as standard on all models for MY23. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise is standard, but adaptive cruise control is a lariat only thing and an additional add on beyond the lux package + CP360. In 2022 adaptive was part of the CP360 package, which has caused several people to be disappointed when they got their lariats.

Mark J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cruise is standard, but adaptive cruise control is a lariat only thing and an additional add on beyond the lux package + CP360. In 2022 adaptive was part of the CP360 package, which has caused several people to be disappointed when they got their lariats.
Yes I was one of those disappointed people. Otherwise love the truck, but this process has soured me on Ford. Ford wants to go to order your vehicle and get it in three months, but they unable to do it!
Sponsored