Sponsored

TheRodster14

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
While I am no professional at reviewing vehicles, I thought I would give my review for those awaiting.

I will start with cons (And they are just nit-picking):

1. I think the interior color is a bit weird. Who thought of the blue/white cloth with orange plastic?
2. I wish I would have gotten the electronic seat controls because I do not like these seat controls.
3. The Bluetooth kicks off on me quite frequently. Not sure what is going on there.
4. My mileage has not been impressive so far. My work travel is about half highway/half backroads. I have been averaging around 23 mpg. Hopefully the mileage will get better?
5. And I wish I would have opted for the silver rims. I'm not a fan of the black/black.

Now for the pros:

1. What a smooth-riding truck!
2. I don't really use the back-up camera, but this one is nice and clear.
3. While I have been babying it to break it in, when you step on the gas, this thing has noticeable power.
4. I have had multiple compliments on my new truck. I was volunteering at a local Fall Festival and I actually had a whole crowd of people checking it out. None of them had even heard of the new Mavericks. I heard quite a few, "This thing is awesome" comments.
5. I love how it handles.

Overall this is a great truck! This is exactly what I have been waiting for. I have not tested any offroad yet. It has been raining here non-stop lately in Pa. I have not towed anything yet either. Very happy with my purchase!

Ford Maverick My XLT 500 Miles Owners Review - Pros and Cons Maverick.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Has it been easy to get in and out of? I have big feet and the one I sat in locally that hump seems rather large to get over/ out of.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do scrape my feet getting out sometimes.
Oh snap didn’t know about that issue. What size feet are an issue? I wear size 14.

The black wheels are awesome! You’ll be glad in the long term you went with them :)

Sponsored

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I am no professional at reviewing vehicles, I thought I would give my review for those awaiting.

1. I think the interior color is a bit weird. Who thought of the blue/white cloth with orange plastic?
2. I wish I would have gotten the electronic seat controls because I do not like these seat controls.
3. The Bluetooth kicks off on me quite frequently. Not sure what is going on there.
4. My mileage has not been impressive so far. My work travel is about half highway/half backroads. I have been averaging around 23 mpg. Hopefully the mileage will get better?
5. And I wish I would have opted for the silver rims. I'm not a fan of the black/black.

Now for the pros:

3. While I have been babying it to break it in, when you step on the gas, this thing has noticeable power.
4. I have had multiple compliments on my new truck. I was volunteering at a local Fall Festival and I actually had a whole crowd of people checking it out. None of them had even heard of the new Mavericks. I heard quite a few, "This thing is awesome" comments.

Overall this is a great truck! This is exactly what I have been waiting for. I have not tested any offroad yet. It has been raining here non-stop lately in Pa. I have not towed anything yet either. Very happy with my purchase!

Maverick.JPG
Beautiful truck, thanks for the review. I get my cyber orange by the end of this week. Can't wait to drive it.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hey man - I know a XL Carb Gray order holder that would be happy to take those black rims off your hands....

Congrats on the new truck! I have a Mav and a Bronco on order and I find myself more excited about the Maverick.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great review!! I like your take on the blue/white orange trim!! I knew I would not be able to cope with it.(Not that the brown is fantastic) Can't wait for my Maverick!!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Nice truck. I like the FX4 package.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's great to know all of the owner's reviews and journalists are saying nothing but positive things about it. That's very encouraging. The only negatives seem to be nitpicky things that don't interfere with the driving experience. I still have yet to test drive one since there's none around and when there is, it's pre-sold. I guess I'll have to find out when my truck arrives. It's too bad none will be in production this whole week. Pisser.

Sponsored

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Now for the pros:

My bluetooth drops in and out also. But my phone is pretty old now and it has some problems with my earbuds also so I figured it might not be the truck.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now for the pros:

Maverick.JPG
Looks like I won’t be the only one in the area with an Alto FX4, lol.
Appears you got it at Bob Ruth. Good dealer, they just couldn’t get close to Chapman but I bought our Edge there. Please keep us posted on your new Maverick.
Thanks and congrats

OP
OP

TheRodster14

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Looks like I won’t be the only one in the area with an Alto FX4, lol.
Appears you got it at Bob Ruth. Good dealer, they just couldn’t get close to Chapman but I bought our Edge there. Please keep us posted on your new Maverick.
Thanks and congrats
Will do! When is your truck expected to arrive?

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost