First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok...so after a November 5th, 2021 order was placed for a FWD EcoBoost XL Maverick with CoPilot 360, rear slider window, full sized spare, carpet mats/floor liners and SIBL, I finally received my truck five months and two days later. In the simplest of statements, I love my Maverick, and I'm not disappointed.

To answer everyone's inquiring minds about my experience at Gary Yeoman Ford, I have a few things to say. My original salesman, Owen Stroup, placed the order for me, and was a pleasure to deal with. I probably kept him more informed about the whole ordering process (to which big thanks go to everyone on this forum) and I'm sure he learned a few things from me as well. Owen unfortunately was out of town when my Maverick arrived, and assigned me to Tyler Grant - not his usual sidekick - because Tyler was the one who contacted me about the $45K Cyber Orange Lariat to see if I was interested when I called the dealership looking for unclaimed Mavericks. April 7th arrived and Tyler called to let me know my Maverick had finally arrived. Once the appraisal/negotiation process began shit got ugly. Management totally lowballed on my trade, so right out of the gate I was pissed off. I gave them three no's on trade value before briefly contemplating reneging on the deal altogether, knowing full well my Accord would have continued to give me many loyal years of service and no payments. Told Tyler I was going to sell my car elsewhere and drove to Carmax, who gave me exactly what I was expecting to get for my Accord. Walked away happy with check in hand and Tyler brought me back to the dealership. Sat down with the finance guy to go over numbers: went in for MSRP and the usual tax, tag, etc. Finance guy didn't try to push any extra warranties, fees, etc. No complaints there, and no complaints with Tyler. As for the Management Team...well now...this is where the power of the forum works, and as folks have pointed out, there's plenty of honest dealers out there, so spend your money wisely. I'm not unhappy, but I could have been happier.

As for the Maverick itself? Love it!! Drove it to work on Friday (never made it back to work on Thursday) and was quite happy with 25mpg of in-town driving in Eco mode. Had to drive to Palm Harbor over the weekend and the slow-going I-4 bumper to bumper traffic netted me around 28mpg. (Going to have to do more research on the Express Lanes, which recommend 60mph and are supposedly "strictly enforced." It's gonna be scary if they're taking license plate photos of speeders, because if the speed is enforced, some people are going to end up with multiple speeding tickets. Any input on this for those in the area?) Coming home, with furniture loaded in the bed, netted an impressive 30.2mpg at 70-75mph. I have no complaints! Trucks sits high enough that it's comfortable and gives a good view of the road. Ride is solid. Some noise, but nothing like some people made it sound. No complaints on power. Tried to do the highway miles in Eco mode, nah...you need normal driving or Sport mode. Sport mode gives the Maverick the umph it needs. 250hp is pretty solid on this little truck. I've been cautious in breaking my Maverick in by not gunning it at green lights, trying to coast up to stop lights, keeping it to the city speed limits, and otherwise not driving like I normally would haul-assing around in my manual transmission Accord.

Kept looking for the stick shift, but at least my left foot wasn't searching around for the clutch. No issues with the dial shifter. The start/stop feature took a moment to get used to, but I'm okay with it now. Auto hold is nice as well. Still playing around getting used to the features.

Interior-wise, the Maverick XL reminds me a lot of my old Honda Element. Front seats are super comfortable, and unlike driving my buddy's Tacoma, I felt like I was sitting in a commanding position instead of feeling like my knees were up to my chin. No issues seeing out back window. Headrests can stay.

Daughter ended up really liking my Maverick, although she told me to get rid of the steelies and get real wheels. (Other toys will come first.)

As predicted, my rat terrier christened my new truck by vomiting in the back seat two and a half hours into the drive. Best $34 I ever spent was on a rear seat cover for dogs. A+ for quality!

Debating what to spend my 42,000 points on. Ford tonneau vs. different brand. Anyone care to give your opinion?

So that's my review. Here's two photos.

Ford Maverick My First 500 Miles Mav 1

Ford Maverick My First 500 Miles MAV2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok...so after a November 5th, 2021 order was placed for a FWD EcoBoost XL Maverick with CoPilot 360, rear slider window, full sized spare, carpet mats/floor liners and SIBL, I finally received my truck five months and two days later. In the simplest of statements, I love my Maverick, and I'm not disappointed.

To answer everyone's inquiring minds about my experience at Gary Yeoman Ford, I have a few things to say. My original salesman, Owen Stroup, placed the order for me, and was a pleasure to deal with. I probably kept him more informed about the whole ordering process (to which big thanks go to everyone on this forum) and I'm sure he learned a few things from me as well. Owen unfortunately was out of town when my Maverick arrived, and assigned me to Tyler Grant - not his usual sidekick - because Tyler was the one who contacted me about the $45K Cyber Orange Lariat to see if I was interested when I called the dealership looking for unclaimed Mavericks. April 7th arrived and Tyler called to let me know my Maverick had finally arrived. Once the appraisal/negotiation process began shit got ugly. Management totally lowballed on my trade, so right out of the gate I was pissed off. I gave them three no's on trade value before briefly contemplating reneging on the deal altogether, knowing full well my Accord would have continued to give me many loyal years of service and no payments. Told Tyler I was going to sell my car elsewhere and drove to Carmax, who gave me exactly what I was expecting to get for my Accord. Walked away happy with check in hand and Tyler brought me back to the dealership. Sat down with the finance guy to go over numbers: went in for MSRP and the usual tax, tag, etc. Finance guy didn't try to push any extra warranties, fees, etc. No complaints there, and no complaints with Tyler. As for the Management Team...well now...this is where the power of the forum works, and as folks have pointed out, there's plenty of honest dealers out there, so spend your money wisely. I'm not unhappy, but I could have been happier.

As for the Maverick itself? Love it!! Drove it to work on Friday (never made it back to work on Thursday) and was quite happy with 25mpg of in-town driving in Eco mode. Had to drive to Palm Harbor over the weekend and the slow-going I-4 bumper to bumper traffic netted me around 28mpg. (Going to have to do more research on the Express Lanes, which recommend 60mph and are supposedly "strictly enforced." It's gonna be scary if they're taking license plate photos of speeders, because if the speed is enforced, some people are going to end up with multiple speeding tickets. Any input on this for those in the area?) Coming home, with furniture loaded in the bed, netted an impressive 30.2mpg at 70-75mph. I have no complaints! Trucks sits high enough that it's comfortable and gives a good view of the road. Ride is solid. Some noise, but nothing like some people made it sound. No complaints on power. Tried to do the highway miles in Eco mode, nah...you need normal driving or Sport mode. Sport mode gives the Maverick the umph it needs. 250hp is pretty solid on this little truck. I've been cautious in breaking my Maverick in by not gunning it at green lights, trying to coast up to stop lights, keeping it to the city speed limits, and otherwise not driving like a normally would haul-assing around in my manual transmission Accord.

Kept looking for the stick shift, but at least my left foot wasn't searching around for the clutch. No issues with the dial shifter. The start/stop feature took a moment to get used to, but I'm okay with it now. Auto hold is nice as well. Still playing around getting used to the features.

Interior-wise, the Maverick XL reminds me a lot of my old Honda Element. Front seats are super comfortable, and unlike driving my buddy's Tacoma, I felt like I was sitting in a commanding position instead of feeling like my knees were up to my chin. No issues seeing out back window. Headrests can stay.

Daughter ended up really liking my Maverick, although she told me to get rid of the steelies and get real wheels. (Other toys will come first.)

As predicted, my rat terrier christened my new truck by vomiting in the back seat two and a half hours into the drive. Best $34 I ever spent was on a rear seat cover for dogs. A+ for quality!

Debating what to spend my 42,000 points on. Ford tonneau vs. different brand. Anyone care to give your opinion?

So that's my review. Here's two photos.

Mav 1.jpeg

MAV2.jpeg
Nice ride. I had a dog that got car sick as well. Luckily for me she preferred to ride on the floor of my car.

I'm going to use my points for oil changes and other service needs.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn’t use the points on the Ford bed cover. With a budget cover like a Tri-Fold gator working great. And the Ford covers are over priced, better after market ones. I went high end and got the Undercover Flex Armor. Maybe spend the money on things like: tailgate assist, hood liner, and hood deflector.

people really seem to like the Bronco Sport wheels

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My carbo grey XLT has the gun metal alloys, looks sharp. Have a set of steelies for the winter.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As for the Management Team...well now...this is where the power of the forum works, and as folks have pointed out, there's plenty of honest dealers out there, so spend your money wisely. I'm not unhappy, but I could have been happier.
Congrats! Love the color.

What did you mean by this? Please elaborate so that others can learn.

Thank you

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! Love the color.

What did you mean by this? Please elaborate so that others can learn.

Thank you
I'd definitely advise selling your vehicle to one of the bigger auto brokers like Carmax or whomever. GYF wanted to screw me on the trade value of my Accord to the point where I almost walked from the entire deal. I do not blame my sales guy(s) at all for this. Management had a chance to make a lifetime customer, but chose to be greedy. We bought a used F150 from them back in 2017 and got a stellar deal on it. Next time, I'd take my money elsewhere. As it stands, Carmax made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I walked away with enough to put a respectable down payment on my Maverick, and the rest is going to my fix-it guy to do some renovations on the house. Win-win on both fronts.

However, after getting home and really having a chance to review my financial paperwork, I did come out several hundred dollars better than originally expected from the DORA sheet. It was just a lot of last minute stress that I didn't need after the last several months of being emotionally charged over the whole buying/waiting process for a vehicle all of us are buying on blind faith.
Sponsored

Last edited: