Sponsored

My truck finally got here but I'm super disappointed!

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I got a call from my salesman asking me to drop things. The only thing I dropped was the mudflaps. Still can't belive something like that was and may be still a constaint. After waiting 8 months I was not about to remove things I could not add later.
I originally ordered with mud flaps and floor trays because I thought it should be EASIER for Ford to put them on pre-delivery. What a mistake...but it did get me pushed from a 2022 into a 2023, which I was ultimately happy about. Gave me a chance to remove the extras AND add the BAP!
Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Life's too short to be pissed off man. Sell it and order another one with the specs you want from another dealership.
I found a maverick just like mine with a sunroof. I tried buying it but there was no cooperation from the dealer. I wish that I would have pushed harder to get it. That would have completed my truck.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
15 months after ordering my maverick, it finally landed. I was super excited as I've spent more than a year driving a 2010 Kia Soul that wasn't fit for what I was doing with it.

I tracked it down where they were spraying in the bed liner and came to find out, they ordered it with no sunroof. It was the one big thing that would normally be a deal breaker. I passed up other mavericks because they didn't have a sunroof.

The financing went from 4.5 to 5.5 and they said ford didn't lock it in!!! I made the deal on 4.5%. Everything about the whole experience sucked. The financing was a complete mess and I would have walked away if I hadn't already sold my worn out car and had no other option.

I like the maverick but spending 15 months waiting on my first new vehicle in 45yrs and having it wrong is heart breaking.

My salesman said he had never seen someone so pissed off buying a new vehicle in his 25 yrs. I told him now he has.
Sorry for your sunroof, but a little hard to feel sorry for you, you got it now, enjoy!

Rmalone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I converted my 2022 order to a 2023 order, I was told that Ford was no longer locking in interest rates. My Maverick came in April and Ford Finance was at 6.5% but I was able to get 4.7% though my Bank.

csuh13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it was an XL and a rollover reorder for 23, the sunroof was not available to be put on the order.

I was planning on ordering one myself and was sad to learn I could not when the 23 order banks opened.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Super bummer!
We didn't get lots of '22 stuff we ordered on our '23 either.

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Engine
Undecided
I freaking love my moonroof, so I get it. Just put a pre-order in for my 2nd Maverick. Hybrid. Lariat. Moonroof. We're in Los Angeles so we open it almost every day.
What do you mean "preorder"? So the dealer not you submits it on July 17?

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience sucked also derailed train totaled my maverick and dealer was no help getting another
The train in Glendale, KY?

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
15 months after ordering my maverick, it finally landed. I was super excited as I've spent more than a year driving a 2010 Kia Soul that wasn't fit for what I was doing with it.

I tracked it down where they were spraying in the bed liner and came to find out, they ordered it with no sunroof. It was the one big thing that would normally be a deal breaker. I passed up other mavericks because they didn't have a sunroof.

The financing went from 4.5 to 5.5 and they said ford didn't lock it in!!! I made the deal on 4.5%. Everything about the whole experience sucked. The financing was a complete mess and I would have walked away if I hadn't already sold my worn out car and had no other option.

I like the maverick but spending 15 months waiting on my first new vehicle in 45yrs and having it wrong is heart breaking.

My salesman said he had never seen someone so pissed off buying a new vehicle in his 25 yrs. I told him now he has.
That has to heart breaking. While I don't use sunroofs (had one in my Q5 and never opened it) an option that's important (say if mine wasn't AWD) and waiting so long has to be a huge bummer. Try and track down the error and see if they can be a remedy. While doubtful, you never know until you try.

JayBoegs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do you mean "preorder"? So the dealer not you submits it on July 17?
Yes. The dealer, Galpin Ford in Los Angeles has my desired order(and a deposit) based on a '23 build and price and will enter it as soon as '24 order banks open. Tim Bartz at Long McArthur Ford recommended this and happily my local dealer actually called me after I enquired about a '24 order. They know it will be tough to get a hybrid so gotten get in early.

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I originally ordered with mud flaps and floor trays because I thought it should be EASIER for Ford to put them on pre-delivery. What a mistake...but it did get me pushed from a 2022 into a 2023, which I was ultimately happy about. Gave me a chance to remove the extras AND add the BAP!
Yeah there were some differences in the MY but I got what I wanted, price protection and 0 percent financing. Got to admit the wait sucked. Not knowing you were even going to get one was the worse. Got the floor trays that was not an issue.

OP
OP

Papernite

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had a few days with the truck and put 500km on. It seems to be a good vehicle and I'm happy with the way it drives. It got 7.2l/100km set at 110kph on the way to work tonight. I've caught myself going for the sunroof button as much as trying to find the column shifter though. Hard habits to break

I take a bit of responsibility for not picking up on the sunroof issue. So much was messed up and poorly communicated that it's not surprising when I reflect on the situation. The dealer has a terrible reputation and now I know why. None of this would happen if I could have bypassed the dealer. They actually made it more work to get the vehicle bought.

I own the truck now and may decide to sell it in the near future. I figure I should give myself a few weeks to calm down. My immediate thoughts were to order another truck but I'm nervous how the economy is going to fair with this carbon tax BS.

nklem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should have one of these.…from ordering day….

Ford Maverick My truck finally got here but I'm super disappointed! E79F1A07-8B05-4494-B49B-5780594E9F97

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had a few days with the truck and put 500km on. It seems to be a good vehicle and I'm happy with the way it drives. It got 7.2l/100km set at 110kph on the way to work tonight. I've caught myself going for the sunroof button as much as trying to find the column shifter though. Hard habits to break

I take a bit of responsibility for not picking up on the sunroof issue. So much was messed up and poorly communicated that it's not surprising when I reflect on the situation. The dealer has a terrible reputation and now I know why. None of this would happen if I could have bypassed the dealer. They actually made it more work to get the vehicle bought.

I own the truck now and may decide to sell it in the near future. I figure I should give myself a few weeks to calm down. My immediate thoughts were to order another truck but I'm nervous how the economy is going to fair with this carbon tax BS.
Sunroof was a must for me, too.

Sorry to hear your dealer sucked so bad, but you will get used to the little things and hopefully you won't miss the sunroof too much.

Jim Paradise

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverrick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's pretty awful when the dealer says "Well Ford did this...". That is a real copout and the dealer should stand up for their customers. I hope you can enjoy your Maverick anyway.
Sponsored