First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are these mythical Ford emails you are referring to. I ordered a base level Maverick in December. They have not sent me one email. Ford is terrrible at making Mavericks but they are even worse at making Emails.
If you will look earlier in this thread there are screenshots. One thanked me and confirmed my order was placed with my dealer. The other called me by name and stated that builds were slow due to constraints.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Sounds like:

Either your dealer didn't get your email address, or they did not forward it to Ford.

You might wanna check on that.

What are these mythical Ford emails you are referring to. I ordered a base level Maverick in December. They have not sent me one email. Ford is terrrible at making Mavericks but they are even worse at making Emails.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like:

Either your dealer didn't get your email address, or they did not forward it to Ford.

My dealer had my proper email. Ford showed my proper email on the order and in all their systems. Never have received an email and have had truck 2 weeks.

I did receive ford survey emails post purchase.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
My dealer had my proper email. Ford showed my proper email on the order and in all their systems. Never have received an email and have had truck 2 weeks.

I did receive ford survey emails post purchase.
Approx 11 months total....WOW....guess I'd better settle in...
Mine be here when leaves start to turn...
Congrats on your Maverick - Keep us posted how you like it!

OP
OP

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll just say that my Oct 9 Maverick order is gone and as far as I know, neither Ford nor the dealer are looking into why it happened or how to correct it. At this point I would be satisfied just to reinstate my order so I could be at the front of the line for MY23. I almost hate to buy a Ford now though since they don’t have a care about helping me. To repeat, my order is missing. It’s not cancelled and I received an order confirmation from Ford.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone ever think these dealers, saying not to change a thing, are just greedy? Think about it... "Don't cancel the lux package or the 360 thingie", (profit on $3,500 worth of goodies?). If that is the case why do other dealers, like mine and others, say I possibly will get my vehicle faster if I cancel x, y, or z?
I received an email in March stating the constraints, I said delete them, received another sales agreement that day to sign, sent it back and got my window sticker in May. Build in June as they said and shipped.
Also maybe said greedy dealers just don't want to redo paperwork etc. Lazy bastaads.
I call it out as horsehockey.
nope. profit margins on added options and accessories are minuscule. For example from my order: $12 on floor liners, $8 on full size spare, $52 on 4k tow package, $12 on splash guards, $35 on SIBL.

GlennWatson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like:

Every time I visit the dealership they say the car is coming but they don't know when. They still have my $500 deposit. They won't die from overwork thats for sure.

Last edited:

GlennWatson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know what "constraints items" are but it is clear Ford does not want to sell me this truck, at least not for the price I negotiated in December. I know they are having problems with chips or whatever but there is no shortage of emails or common curtesy. I still want the truck but I doubt I am going to get it at the $23,000 they agreed to.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll just say that my Oct 9 Maverick order is gone and as far as I know, neither Ford nor the dealer are looking into why it happened or how to correct it. At this point I would be satisfied just to reinstate my order so I could be at the front of the line for MY23. I almost hate to buy a Ford now though since they don’t have a care about helping me. To repeat, my order is missing. It’s not cancelled and I received an order confirmation from Ford.
You may want to ask @TimBartz to let you know if one of his hybrid order customers isn't able to take their order when it finally comes in. I bet he'd be compassionate about it.

Deleted member 6544

nope. profit margins on added options and accessories are minuscule. For example from my order: $12 on floor liners, $8 on full size spare, $52 on 4k tow package, $12 on splash guards, $35 on SIBL.
You think very small my friend. So an average of say 14.5% profit. Less go big ticket here buddy, (I doubt splash guards are a constraint item), that would be $220 in profit for the AWD package $166 in profit for the lux package. Could go on and on. If dealers are gouging for $200 of nitrogen filled tires they'll gouge for $220 dollars in AWD profit. Then lets say they have 20 orders for AWD packages they say not to delete, (I'll do the math for you), that's $4.400 dollars. Nope???
Yup

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You think very small my friend. So an average of say 14.5% profit. Less go big ticket here buddy, (I doubt splash guards are a constraint item), that would be $220 in profit for the AWD package $166 in profit for the lux package. Could go on and on. If dealers are gouging for $200 of nitrogen filled tires they'll gouge for $220 dollars in AWD profit. Then lets say they have 20 orders for AWD packages they say not to delete, (I'll do the math for you), that's $4.400 dollars. Nope???
Yup
Your numbers are wrong. There is no 14.5% markup between retail & invoice pricing on any item on my DORA- less than 10% for all. You are also assuming every dealer is dishonest in trying to scam people at every turn, and I'll disagree with you on that.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I wonder if that is the fate of all of us that may have their order rolled over to a MY23. It certainly would solve Ford's problem in the short-term. I ordered 11/4 so I fully expect to get rolled into MY23.
Depends on what options you have on it. I have a hybrid XL with only CP360 ordered on 10/28 and I've had a VIN for 2-3 weeks now.

Deleted member 6544

Your numbers are wrong. There is no 14.5% markup between retail & invoice pricing on any item on my DORA- less than 10% for all. You are also assuming every dealer is dishonest in trying to scam people at every turn, and I'll disagree with you on that.
Per your numbers $12.00 profit from mud flaps worth $180, (or whatever the price was) that's approx 14.5% The same with one other item. But no worries. And NO I am not assuming they're all scamming. Mine certainly isn't for one.
Is it not true a dealer will make more profit on a $35,000 vehicle than a $29,000 vehicle?

OP
OP

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever profit it is, neither the dealer nor Ford seem to be motivated to figure out why my order is missing. Basically neither seem to think it’s a big deal. Just order a MY 23 but I’ll miss price protection and probably have to wait close to another year from now.

Deleted member 6544

Whatever profit it is, neither the dealer nor Ford seem to be motivated to figure out why my order is missing. Basically neither seem to think it’s a big deal. Just order a MY 23 but I’ll miss price protection and probably have to wait close to another year from now.
Yeah it stinks for sure. But stay on them!
Sponsored