First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered an xlt hybrid Oct 9,2021 with Fayetteville Ford in Georgia. I received an order confirmation same day by email from Ford. I also received a March 2022 email apologizing for constraints on my order. Last week I had the dealer change my color from silver to white. Today June 20,2022 I called Ford at 1-800-392-3673 to check status. They told me they have no record of my order. I provided the order code and sales code. They told me to call my dealer who said all hybrids had been canceled and he was sorry but it was because I ordered a hybrid. I’ve called Ford two more times. They say hybrids are not cancelled and they should have a record if I had ever had an order even if it was cancelled. Ford says they can’t elevate it for investigation etc as there is no order to investigate. I told them I could show evidence from the Ford emails. My dealer says I can order when the my 2023s open in August. So I’ve waisted 8 or 9 months. I’m not happy and I don’t know what went wrong. I had called Ford and chatted online in the past but possibly with the marketing dept (different contact phone number I think). So my question is has this happened to anyone else? @timbartz @fordvideoguy any ideas? I don’t know what I can do. My dealer is not willing to help. I gave my drivers license and followed up with Ford and received a confirmation email so I don’t think it’s ROVP or whatever it’s called.
I am very sorry to hear of your issue. I agree with olderbudweiser that the color change may have screwed things up. My dealer was adamant to not change anything on my order even though there are constrained items. I ordered in November ‘21 and received an email a from Ford couple days ago saying it should be built the end of June ‘22. The whole order process has been very frustrating. My dealer created two orders with the same number and did the ROVP incorrectly. They did not provide my email on the order either. I was lucky to straighten it out directly with Ford as my dealer was no help. I would think you must have had an order because you received a confirmation? I would call Ford again and talk to someone else. I have called numerous times and got conflicting information. Some Customer Service reps can see my order break down while others say they don’t have access to that information. WTH?
Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Tried again with the dealer. They now say they received no cancellation email or other from Ford but the order is just gone. I asked them to talk to the region manager etc but dealer said that doing that is a waste of time. All they can do they say is put in an order when the my23 opens and mention I ordered Oct 21 in notes. Dealer says orders are commonly canceled without explanation but that this one is odd to them too in that it just disappeared rather than cancelled. Ughhh.

NOPE NOPE NOPE...highly suspect!
Switch dealers immediately if you decide to order again.
Their FORD contact should be able to dig and find something...I say to H with that dealer...

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had you ever checked the status of your order with Ford prior to its cancellation/disappearance? If so, that would be really strange for them to not have record of it anymore.

Assuming Ford can't resolve the issue, my recommendation would be:

1. Work with your current dealer and demand 2022 price protection on your 2023 order, or even better, have them agree to provide their next available 2022 Maverick to you at MSRP.​
2. Hedge your bets and order a second 2023 Maverick from another more competent dealer.​

Good luck.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this was verified by @fordvideoguy that you'll get confirmation emails, constraint emails, complimentary FITS bundle emails and customer service will be able to see you had an order... regardless if your order wasn't submitted into the ROVP system. But you'll never get emails regarding the status of your order if the dealer dropped the ball.

So even if OP had contacted ford prior to this and the rep was able to see his/her order, it doesnt prove that the dealer did enter the order into the ROVP system.

The most likely scenario is the dealer dropped the ball and only realized it when the sales rep went to change the paint color and discovered the order was removed because it was never submitted properly before the deadline. This would explain why there isn't an order # to track now.

Sorry OP. I hope you are able to hold the dealer's feet to the fire and get some justice.

Deleted member 6544

Anyone ever think these dealers, saying not to change a thing, are just greedy? Think about it... "Don't cancel the lux package or the 360 thingie", (profit on $3,500 worth of goodies?). If that is the case why do other dealers, like mine and others, say I possibly will get my vehicle faster if I cancel x, y, or z?
I received an email in March stating the constraints, I said delete them, received another sales agreement that day to sign, sent it back and got my window sticker in May. Build in June as they said and shipped.
Also maybe said greedy dealers just don't want to redo paperwork etc. Lazy bastaads.
I call it out as horsehockey.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Anyone ever think these dealers, saying not to change a thing, are just greedy? Think about it... "Don't cancel the lux package or the 360 thingie", (profit on $3,500 worth of goodies?). If that is the case why do other dealers, like mine and others, say I possibly will get my vehicle faster if I cancel x, y, or z?
I received an email in March stating the constraints, I said delete them, received another sales agreement that day to sign, sent it back and got my window sticker in May. Build in June as they said and shipped.
Also maybe said greedy dealers just don't want to redo paperwork etc. Lazy bastaads.
I call it out as horsehockey.
This makes no sense. Constraints are real and removing them allows a dealer to sell the vehicle sooner.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the order still show up in Ford's system if it has already been delivered? If not, it could be that the truck was already delivered and then sold to someone else.
I don’t think he got a VIN or build date.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone ever think these dealers, saying not to change a thing, are just greedy?
Why would I delete something I want in order to get a truck I plan on driving for the next decade a few months earlier?

Every single day I drove that truck I'd be annoyed that it didn't have the things I wanted.

All to get it a month or two earlier?

How does that make sense?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would I delete something I want in order to get a truck I plan on driving for the next decade in order to get it a few months earlier?

Every single day I drove that truck I'd be annoyed that it didn't have the things I wanted.

I get annoyed I don't have fog lights and it's not even an option!

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

Why would I delete something I want in order to get a truck I plan on driving for the next decade a few months earlier?

Various people have various reasons. Pretty simple stuff.

OP
OP

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had you ever checked the status of your order with Ford prior to its cancellation/disappearance? If so, that would be really strange for them to not have record of it anymore.

Assuming Ford can't resolve the issue, my recommendation would be:

1. Work with your current dealer and demand 2022 price protection on your 2023 order, or even better, have them agree to provide their next available 2022 Maverick to you at MSRP.​
2. Hedge your bets and order a second 2023 Maverick from another more competent dealer.​

Good luck.
Yes I’ve checked the status of my order through Ford Corporate four or five times mostly due to reading where some dealers didn’t complete their ROVP and working hard to make sure that didn’t happen to me.

Powerstroke46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT,velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called the Ford Marketing number this time. They couldn’t find my order either. They asked for me to request the latest order code from the dealer and call them back. I explained that the dealer had said my order was cancelled because it’s a hybrid which is incorrect. I’ve called and texted my dealer, waiting on a better response than place a new order when the order bank opens up again.
I'm really sorry to hear of the B.S. but you might try to get your local TV station, investigative reporter to cover this, that will get some attention they definitely don't want.good luck 🤞.

OP
OP

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I tried Ford again. I worked with them until it became 8pm and they said it was closing time. They said call back tomorrow and they will try again but that I would get someone new and have to start all over again. They said all they could tell me is to place a new order when MY23 opens up. They could not find where they had sent emails to me ever. They said I couldn’t forward the order confirmation I have from ford to them. They said they see no emails to me and no ROVP or anything. One thing that we discussed that could have happened is I reserved (made the online reservation) with one dealer but they wouldn’t do my x plan so I had to order from another (current) dealer who would. I asked the new dealer if the could roll my reservation to the new dealer or if I needed to make a new one. They said no problem they would take care of it. Honestly the order banks were still open and it really didn’t seem like a reservation did anything or was necessary. I placed my order and got confirmation from Ford which that apparently no longer have. Maybe my 1st dealer finally cancelled the reservation and it deleted my only order which was with another dealer? That’s a stretch but I don’t know how it all works. Still ford accepted the order and it was good when I called for 7+ months. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. It’s looking like there is nothing I can do. I’m screwed but Ford and the dealer could care less.

OP
OP

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick My Order suddenly doesn’t exist - Oct 9 Hybrid 85D8870A-670B-4F3C-AA7C-0D6D24BD694A
Sponsored