First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After listening to my wife tell me I need a new vehicle for 3 years I decided to order a hybrid Maverick XLT with 360, Lux pack, moon roof sliding window, on 9/9/21 knowing it would be a while before I took delivery. I figured my 2007 Pontiac with 250,000 miles would last until it was delivered. I was wrong. About three months ago, on a Thursday, the timing chain went out and with todays vehicles my mechanic told me it was better to change the motor. He offered a motor with 150,000 miles at a cost of $4500. I figured that was out of line so I started thinking about what to do for a replacement vehicle because we are a two car family and I could only use my wife’s car for a couple of days. Fortunately my dealer called me and said they had someone who ordered Maverick EcoBoost and decided they did not want it and I could still keep my order open. I accepted it with great pleasure and have been spending the past few months learning all the new things with this XL model. I was surprised when the info screen told me I had a trailer hooked up. I was even more surprised when it also told me I had a light out on the trailer. Overall I’m happy with the XL but I’m still looking forward to getting my Maverick. Last Friday I received a notice from my dealership that mine is going into production on 10/10/22 as a 22 model. I’m kind of disappointed I did not get a 2023 at the 2022 price but at least I still get all of the items I wanted and get the Velocity Blue Metallic I really like..
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and Happy Mavericking!!

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After listening to my wife tell me I need a new vehicle for 3 years I decided to order a hybrid Maverick XLT with 360, Lux pack, moon roof sliding window, on 9/9/21 knowing it would be a while before I took delivery. I figured my 2007 Pontiac with 250,000 miles would last until it was delivered. I was wrong. About three months ago, on a Thursday, the timing chain went out and with todays vehicles my mechanic told me it was better to change the motor. He offered a motor with 150,000 miles at a cost of $4500. I figured that was out of line so I started thinking about what to do for a replacement vehicle because we are a two car family and I could only use my wife’s car for a couple of days. Fortunately my dealer called me and said they had someone who ordered Maverick EcoBoost and decided they did not want it and I could still keep my order open. I accepted it with great pleasure and have been spending the past few months learning all the new things with this XL model. I was surprised when the info screen told me I had a trailer hooked up. I was even more surprised when it also told me I had a light out on the trailer. Overall I’m happy with the XL but I’m still looking forward to getting my Maverick. Last Friday I received a notice from my dealership that mine is going into production on 10/10/22 as a 22 model. I’m kind of disappointed I did not get a 2023 at the 2022 price but at least I still get all of the items I wanted and get the Velocity Blue Metallic I really like..
You might want to pick up a power ball ticket.... Some are still waiting to get 1 maverick and your gonna have had 2.

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
I was late to the game in trying to find one. My son-in-law told me about them at Thanksgiving. I could have ordered one then but didn't. A month or so ago I put feelers out at my local dealerships that I wanted one and got the call on Monday. Somebody ordered a Velocity Blue EB XLT (without lux) FX4/AWD and 4K tow package. The customer declined then the dealer called me. I am very lucky to have it.

I original thought I wanted the hybrid model but now realize that would have severely limited my ability to tow trailers and small campers. Glad I got this one. Not too crazy about Velocity Blue (I would rather cyber orange or alto) but it was my brother's favorite color before he passed away.

Anyway, it's really awesome you got fixed up by your dealer!

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Michael, this guy has 2. Prices are going up so I would keep them both to hedge inflation and for better family mpg. Spread the miles to last twice as long. Oh and do some videos I will subscribe!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ndn01chief

Ndn01chief

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had to take a weekend trip a state over from my state. Deer 1Maverick 0

Ford Maverick My Maverick story. 20220904_022935Maverick Deer

OP
OP
Ndn01chief

Ndn01chief

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE:
In Sept I hit a dear in my Maverick. My repair man (Not Ford), who I've used for over 20 years, told me he could not do anything until Oct. He finally got it into his shop and tore apart. Found some hidden damage and had to order more parts. Now it gets interesting. A hidden part called a shutter has to be replaced. Unfortunately Ford has decided to redesign the shutter and does not have a good date regarding when they will be available. Between Mid-Oct and now they have provided at least 5 different dates for availability. The expected delivery date is now 27 Jan.
Does anyone know if there is a wreck Maverick anyplace that has a front end intact so my repair guy can try to get a used part?
On the other side of the coin, the Hybrid I ordered in Sept 21 is finally in production and showing built 1/9/23. No idea when it will be shipped or delivered. No idea about any recalls that apply.
I wonder which one I will get first.
Sponsored