First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Mavericks , so this is in hopes to bring a little light to the troubles. My one son turned me on to the Maverick in December 2021. I found a dealer near me , 33 miles away, that had demo model . I test drove it for comfort and driveability. I said , yes . Didn't do anything that day , wanted to think things thru. During this thought process, I found out from another son that a kid my wife had baby-sat for was a Ford salesman in my hometown. ( This son is a mechanic that runs a shop ) So , I called Randy at Neilson Ford in Wantage, NJ . We went thru the order process. No dealer markups but needed a $1000 down payment that is totally refundable up to taking ownership. I placed my order for an XL in Oxford White with the 2.0 AWD . Got to have that living in north Jersey ! 4 days later , Ford shut down orders . I called Randy right away to see if I was in the system . He said yes , you're all good 👍. In February, he sent me an email with a production date of 3/11-3/17. On 3/11 , got an email that my truck was built . Later got an email that delivery is 4/11-17. Randy called me on 4/7 and said it's here !! Picked it up a week later due to my oldest son getting married ( too much was going on ) . I'm extremely happy with the entire process !! Coming from a 2005 F-150 FX4 with 262000 miles an never any engine or trans work , I only hope the Maverick is just as reliable and dependable as my old truck .
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Mavericks , so this is in hopes to bring a little light to the troubles. My one son turned me on to the Maverick in December 2021. I found a dealer near me , 33 miles away, that had demo model . I test drove it for comfort and driveability. I said , yes . Didn't do anything that day , wanted to think things thru. During this thought process, I found out from another son that a kid my wife had baby-sat for was a Ford salesman in my hometown. ( This son is a mechanic that runs a shop ) So , I called Randy at Neilson Ford in Wantage, NJ . We went thru the order process. No dealer markups but needed a $1000 down payment that is totally refundable up to taking ownership. I placed my order for an XL in Oxford White with the 2.0 AWD . Got to have that living in north Jersey ! 4 days later , Ford shut down orders . I called Randy right away to see if I was in the system . He said yes , you're all good 👍. In February, he sent me an email with a production date of 3/11-3/17. On 3/11 , got an email that my truck was built . Later got an email that delivery is 4/11-17. Randy called me on 4/7 and said it's here !! Picked it up a week later due to my oldest son getting married ( too much was going on ) . I'm extremely happy with the entire process !! Coming from a 2005 F-150 FX4 with 262000 miles an never any engine or trans work , I only hope the Maverick is just as reliable and dependable as my old truck .
Great read. Thanks for this. We had that same model range of f150 for work. Does not die lol your mav is probably about the same size as that thing haha other than the box length. Glad you found a nice dealer! Mines been great too

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to hear 👍! Congratulations on the truck! Don’t be surprised if there are still a few kinks to work out with the new ride. Enjoy! 😀

OP
OP

Blkraven66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. Glad you are having a good experience also !

OP
OP

Blkraven66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to hear 👍! Congratulations on the truck! Don’t be surprised if there are still a few kinks to work out with the new ride. Enjoy! 😀
Thank you ! I do expect some bumps , but I'm really loving this truck. So far , in mixed driving, getting 30.5 mpgs .
Sponsored