First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just be glad you don't live in Chicago or LA. You'd be looking at bullet holes instead of scratches.

FWIW, I can vouch that scratches on a truck are no big deal. My 12 year old Ranger looks like it fell into the middle of a one thousand cat cat fight. People give me space when they see my rust bucket driving up. The spaces left and right of me stay clear at the supermarket.

A well-scratched, well-dented, well-rusted truck can be a great weapon in the game of automotive intimidation. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll take the shotgun to my Maverick on arrival, just to give it a nicely used patina.
Sponsored

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used a product call scratch happens which is a water based paint and the color match Ford E7 metallic volicity blue very well, the biggest issues is the touch up paint doesn’t work well on very deep scratches .. it got most of the lighter scratches very well but the clear coat dries to quickly and dries up with a cloudy color ( light blue on scratches) over all it can be washed off with water as long you didn’t apply the clear coat , i was happy with the paint but not with the deep scratches and the clear coat seems to made at worst so I just ordered a spray can version and redone the primer on the deep scratches .. wish me luck!! Before and after
Ford Maverick My first scratches...ugh 91A76A5B-EDA9-4B2A-AB21-2701233C5F7F
Ford Maverick My first scratches...ugh 6ECEEE6E-E749-4C6F-928A-461C0A1C9ED2

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just reading about paint pens? Someone said order a paint pen from Ford, any suggestions on that?
Yes, I’d get that one, since the color will most likely match.

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suggest you get on Youtube and spend some time watching how tos on scratch repair using factory touch up paint and see if you might be comfortable to do the paint repair yourself. It’s a great skill to learn and even if you screw it up you can still get a pro to do it.
Unfortunate that there are fewer and fewer body men that could fix this for $125. But now a days their solution is to always replace a panel.
My repairs aren’t perfect but they look great 5ft away and some of them are great up close and friends can’t find them without being pointed out. Practice and patience pays off

BTW. “Scratches Happen“ company has some great factory correct touch up systems.

thehazguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Roadmaster Wagon - 57 Chevy 210-80 Firebird
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got some scratches on my tailgate from the wheelbarrow doing mulch. Got some touch up. Mine is black so no big deal. I bought a truck to use as a truck and scratches will happen.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it really is an easy skill to learn using touch up paint as some have already said you have to try for yourself, because (i hate to tell you) this is only your 1st scratch ;) you know some scratches can even happen in drive thru car washes and many times on the road rock chips. the internet has many places to try different products and/or video how to's, etc...
*Yes solid color is easier than metallic

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to get that fixed because it looks like it's down to the metal. A body shop should be able to just fix the paint. There doesn't seem to be any real damage to the panel itself.

OP
OP
LadyMav

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used a product call scratch happens which is a water based paint and the color match Ford E7 metallic volicity blue very well, the biggest issues is the touch up paint doesn’t work well on very deep scratches .. it got most of the lighter scratches very well but the clear coat dries to quickly and dries up with a cloudy color ( light blue on scratches) over all it can be washed off with water as long you didn’t apply the clear coat , i was happy with the paint but not with the deep scratches and the clear coat seems to made at worst so I just ordered a spray can version and redone the primer on the deep scratches .. wish me luck!! Before and after
91A76A5B-EDA9-4B2A-AB21-2701233C5F7F.jpeg
6ECEEE6E-E749-4C6F-928A-461C0A1C9ED2.jpeg
Oh wow, good luck, let us know. 🤞🏼
Sponsored