Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
F0C7A487-DD1C-4DFA-990D-B1C62B422BA8.jpeg
]
Just a thought. See what the trade in on it would be and have the insurance claim given to the dealer. Obviously you won’t get what you paid for but seeing how the truck will be laid up for a while and what your cost would be from that it might work out. I have done it and worked out well. Just a thought but oh that is terrible.
Sponsored

Atlee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Power Boost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably be fixed since it's so new. However, it's resell value has taken a huge hit.

I know that has to be sickening. All that damage to your brand new truck.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did airbags or seatbelt pretensioners fire? That makes a huge difference.

Otherwise, I don't see it being totaled from my not-a-mechanic experience.
Yeah air bag deployment goes along way .

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably be fixed since it's so new. However, it's resell value has taken a huge hit.

I know that has to be sickening. All that damage to your brand new truck.
Check and see if you can get compensated for the loss in value due to a collision. I don't think it would be that hard to determine. I'm sure a car appraiser could substantiate that for you. See if CarMax will will buy a car that's been crunched. I don't think so. Looks More back up. Looks like a Lariat. If so I would think heavier been repaired value impact than an XL.

Markii56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the Avalon 12/22/23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot depends on whether or not the subframe is bent. I "totaled" a Ford C-Max a few years ago when I T-boned a Camry. The insurance company claimed I "bent the frame," but it drove fine and the air bags did not deploy.

Sponsored

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 XL got hit on the rear driver side door and rear quarter panel. The door, quarter panel, bumper, mud flap, stellie had to be replaced. The parts came in pretty quickly.

Did your airbags go off? If yes, all of them? Some of them? That is a big cost in repairing the truck.

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3690

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3689

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3688

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3422

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3421

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3418

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3415

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3414

Ford Maverick My 4-day old new Maverick hit by a driver who ran a light. Will this be totaled? IMG_3413

Gotmav1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you’re good but a peek behind the scenes will verify. Parts are more available than they were but they are also expensive! YOU should have a choice as far as fix or replacement of hood. Good luck and keep us posted.

Gotmav1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you’re good but a peek behind the scenes will verify. Parts are more available than they were but they are also expensive! YOU should have a choice as far as fix or replacement of hood. Good luck and keep us posted.
Also, consider a diminished value claim as well as it will now enter the CarFax hit list!

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to see your new truck got hit. That sucks.

This reminds me AGAIN why I should look both ways after the light turns green. Too many idiots out there now.

dldjtad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sorry to hear that about your brand new baby!

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We saw so many idiots driving with their face down in their phones last night. Ridiculous.

Freezer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it is not totaled, you should also consider a "Loss of Value" claim. Down the road, if you wish to sell or trade the vehicle the Carfax will show a significant incident which will seriously affect the value of the vehicle.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best case scenario imo
Just fender, light assembly, bumper (maybe bendable but will be ugly)

Whats possible though...
Alighment issues, tierods, rack pinion steering etc from the hit torquing the vehicle
Possible radiator damage maybe minor frame issues with the bumper systems or any sensors in that area like cruise/proximity sensors
Any any crushing to the air intake and filter box too.

Luckily there's not much in that front corner it just depends how the impact tweaked the truck. Hopefully its the least case scenario and just the superficial items
The BCM is right in front of the drivers front wheel. The inner fender liner covers it up. Seems like a stupid place to put a computer.

svogt302

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302, 2019 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick replaced a Saturn Vue for the same reason. Honestly, I almost went with Jeep Gladiator for the sole reason of part availability. Say what you will about the Jeep community, they make aftermarket parts for a long time.

If after the crash, that might make sense. Airbag sensor might have triggered but not enough G-force to fire them off. Thus it would give an error post-crash. Would be included in the repair.
What? 🤔

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ahhh...
that's a big oof there on the ECU being there

I'm sure they have their reasons. Not where I'd have put it but hopefully it wasn't too bad again
Sponsored