First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, 15 Ram 2500, HHR, 23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had my tremor for ~1 month now and figured I’d share my love and petty complaints.

The maverick is small. I knew that already before ordering, but it fits me perfectly. I use to have a 2020 versa. It was a wonderful small car that I could just hop in and go. Loved that it was a 5 speed, loved that it had a push button start <- I’ll talk about that later. Overall it was great. One day I needed to move a kerosene space heat and didn’t want to drive my 2500. I spilled fuel everywhere trying to force it in the trunk. Later I needed to move a small gun safe up some stairs. I got my father In laws appliance dolly and went to put it in the versa and the damn back seats would not fold down. That was it. Sold it to carvana for more than I paid for it with ~20k miles on it.

after waiting for the banks to open. I was ready to order a hybrid bap but bailed at the final minute. Mainly because I’m not a battery person. I keep vehicles wayyy too long. I still have my highscool 99 civic and I’m 35 now. The 2.0 has been around for a long time and seemed to be the best option long term. Ordered 9-19?-22 came in 9-20-23.

now that it’s here. I absolutely love it. It’s small but not too small and I have 2 kids. 3 and 1 in 2 car seats. I love the size to hop in and go. I didn’t go lariat but I did do the luxury package. It’s small enough not to compete my with 2500. I love Tacoma but just too big for what I was looking for.

A few things I don’t like a month in.. #1 push button start. Drives me insane. My bare bones Nissan versa had a push button start. My friends 2012 dealer loaner Honda van had a push button start lol. Yes I could have went lariat but I’m already 34k in a budget truck. I didn’t want touch out the door 40. Xlt overall and especially luxury package should have came with push button.

#2 wireless charging. Not very common in vehicles. But something I wanted since I despise cables and my iPhone always get dirt in the charging port from my pocket. Found an Etsy wireless tray for MagSafe and a tray that sits into it. So when I’m not charging I still keep my empty tray. Plus I get to cover up the annoying white dot. But still get the ultra strong MagSafe magnets. Big win with this.

#3 when I roll up my windows. I don’t have auto up. Freaks me out. Since everything else I have does. Not a big deal at all but I do notice it for some reason.

That’s really all I can think of right now as far as petty complaints. No real big complaints.

mods - right now all I have is the MagSafe wireless charging tray, an insert for the console, and a tailgate assist that I haven’t installed yet.

I want a bed rug, and probably a soft cover bed cover. Beds small already. Don’t want to lose more space with another cover but we will see.

I got tint scheduled for 20% on the fronts and 70% on the entire front windshield

I’d like to get some weathertech window deflectors if they ever get released

I’m sure there is more on my list at the house.

*wrote this on my phone while my wife is in target. Will probably edit when I get home

Ford Maverick My 23 Atlas Blue Tremor IMG_3690

Ford Maverick My 23 Atlas Blue Tremor IMG_3895

Ford Maverick My 23 Atlas Blue Tremor IMG_3631

Ford Maverick My 23 Atlas Blue Tremor IMG_4053

Ford Maverick My 23 Atlas Blue Tremor IMG_4109

Ford Maverick My 23 Atlas Blue Tremor IMG_4110
Sponsored

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice truck, I have the Lariat lux package and it has all 3 things you were talking about. But to be fair I didn't order mine I found on a lot. Are they worth the extra money, probably not as there just things that make stuff easier to do IMO, I love leaving my keys in my pocket all the time I'm never going to lose my keys that way. Auto roll up is kinda nice, as for the charger it's nice but like you did is a easy fix. Really nice looking color congratulations.

OP
OP
Z06

Z06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice truck, I have the Lariat lux package and it has all 3 things you were talking about. But to be fair I didn't order mine I found on a lot. Are they worth the extra money, probably not as there just things that make stuff easier to do IMO, I love leaving my keys in my pocket all the time I'm never going to lose my keys that way. Auto roll up is kinda nice, as for the charger it's nice but like you did is a easy fix. Really nice looking color congratulations.
I probably should have went lariat especially since I’m known to keep a vehicle for the long run. I still leave my key in the truck. The keypad on the door is awesome. Hate 24s are dealing with removal - add on now. Still hate the key but I can live with it. Thanks man

Lightning

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice Tremor! Hoping to leave the dealership with the one I ordered that's in production, but we'll see. I just got the basic XLT version in Azure Gray Metallic TC with some things like a trifold bed cover, splash guards, mats and a spray in bed liner. May change the guards out since I've read posts of them scratching paint. I'd hope they fixed them by now not gonna chance it though. I'd don't need heated steering wheel or heated seats. Plus I like cloth over leather seats. Had them once on a car I owned and I hated them.

Figured with the key I don't need to worry about the button going. Been using regular ignition for years and never had an issue. Just wanted a comfortable small truck to replace my Ford Ranger. I do wish it had a shift lever instead of the dial too, but I can love with that. Been waiting for a truck with the a similar form factor to my Ranger. The new Rangers are too big (not sure about the '24s though I assume they are similar in size). Wish heavier tint was legal here.

Probably gonna get a bug deflector, rain guards and seat covers. What MPG are you getting and what drive modes have you found useful?

Reactions: Z06

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know how you feel, I really miss those things like the push button start but I didn't want to spend $40k on the Lariat so I settled for the '24 XLT Tremor.

Reactions: Z06

Sponsored

OP
OP
Z06

Z06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice Tremor! Hoping to leave the dealership with the one I ordered that's in production, but we'll see. I just got the basic XLT version in Azure Gray Metallic TC with some things like a trifold bed cover, splash guards, mats and a spray in bed liner. May change the guards out since I've read posts of them scratching paint. I'd hope they fixed them by now not gonna chance it though. I'd don't need heated steering wheel or heated seats. Plus I like cloth over leather seats. Had them once on a car I owned and I hated them.

Figured with the key I don't need to worry about the button going. Been using regular ignition for years and never had an issue. Just wanted a comfortable small truck to replace my Ford Ranger. I do wish it had a shift lever instead of the dial too, but I can love with that. Been waiting for a truck with the a similar form factor to my Ranger. The new Rangers are too big (not sure about the '24s though I assume they are similar in size). Wish heavier tint was legal here.

Probably gonna get a bug deflector, rain guards and seat covers. What MPG are you getting and what drive modes have you found useful?
You will love it. I thought about the spray in bed liner since my ram had it from factory. In the end I think I'm going to go the bed rug route and give it a try. The dial does not bother me. The only other auto i've ever owned is my current beater HHR. Its kinda crazy this being my 2nd auto ever. It seems to be fine tho.

I hit 1k miles today. My dash says 24.1 currently. I have not hand calculated it tho. TBH I haven't touched one driving mode yet, maybe soon.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the physical key would bug me but it does not.

The missing auto-up kills me. I came from a Model 3 where every switch in the car was auto up/down

Jwaz68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor AWD, 2020 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ve had my tremor for ~1 month now and figured I’d share my love and petty complaints.

The maverick is small. I knew that already before ordering, but it fits me perfectly. I use to have a 2020 versa. It was a wonderful small car that I could just hop in and go. Loved that it was a 5 speed, loved that it had a push button start <- I’ll talk about that later. Overall it was great. One day I needed to move a kerosene space heat and didn’t want to drive my 2500. I spilled fuel everywhere trying to force it in the trunk. Later I needed to move a small gun safe up some stairs. I got my father In laws appliance dolly and went to put it in the versa and the damn back seats would not fold down. That was it. Sold it to carvana for more than I paid for it with ~20k miles on it.

after waiting for the banks to open. I was ready to order a hybrid bap but bailed at the final minute. Mainly because I’m not a battery person. I keep vehicles wayyy too long. I still have my highscool 99 civic and I’m 35 now. The 2.0 has been around for a long time and seemed to be the best option long term. Ordered 9-19?-22 came in 9-20-23.

now that it’s here. I absolutely love it. It’s small but not too small and I have 2 kids. 3 and 1 in 2 car seats. I love the size to hop in and go. I didn’t go lariat but I did do the luxury package. It’s small enough not to compete my with 2500. I love Tacoma but just too big for what I was looking for.

A few things I don’t like a month in.. #1 push button start. Drives me insane. My bare bones Nissan versa had a push button start. My friends 2012 dealer loaner Honda van had a push button start lol. Yes I could have went lariat but I’m already 34k in a budget truck. I didn’t want touch out the door 40. Xlt overall and especially luxury package should have came with push button.

#2 wireless charging. Not very common in vehicles. But something I wanted since I despise cables and my iPhone always get dirt in the charging port from my pocket. Found an Etsy wireless tray for MagSafe and a tray that sits into it. So when I’m not charging I still keep my empty tray. Plus I get to cover up the annoying white dot. But still get the ultra strong MagSafe magnets. Big win with this.

#3 when I roll up my windows. I don’t have auto up. Freaks me out. Since everything else I have does. Not a big deal at all but I do notice it for some reason.

That’s really all I can think of right now as far as petty complaints. No real big complaints.

mods - right now all I have is the MagSafe wireless charging tray, an insert for the console, and a tailgate assist that I haven’t installed yet.

I want a bed rug, and probably a soft cover bed cover. Beds small already. Don’t want to lose more space with another cover but we will see.

I got tint scheduled for 20% on the fronts and 70% on the entire front windshield

I’d like to get some weathertech window deflectors if they ever get released

I’m sure there is more on my list at the house.

*wrote this on my phone while my wife is in target. Will probably edit when I get home

IMG_3690.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4110.jpeg
I have the same truck(color and all). I miss the push button start and the auto up window that my last car had.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your truck looks great. The Tremor is a lot of fun to drive. As for the windows and starter. On my work truck I have hand crank windows and the driver's side is missing the knob. To start it I first fire up the fuel pump on the switch panel I recently wired in then I have a computer, efi, and ignition all rolled into one switch in a factory dash slot. The a push button starter under the dash. Then just put her in reverse and wait for reverse to kick in for about 15 seconds.

But she's a good truck and will reliably haul 2200lbs of cargo and climb over anything a new Bronco would.
Sponsored