First Name
Mai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick hybrid 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have installed those on almost every light around here. Hate to break the news to you but they do nothing to stop Red Light Runners. They are bright at night though so maybe they do something then. At some point it becomes evident that one cannot fix stupid.

To the OP. Very glad you were able to walk away from that. There is zero doubt in my mind our beloved truck saved you life. Yes, buy a lottery ticket and thank God. Maybe not necessarily in that order. ;)
I agree with you 💯 She was determined to run the red light no matter what. She is a 52 year old woman. Some people never grow up. We’re definitely buying a lottery ticket. My luck is clearly strong!
Sponsored

Cocobean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was t-boned by a woman who ran a red light at 55 mph and my truck rolled over. Luckily I got out of the wreck without any serious injuries but my Maverick was totaled. Everyone who saw/heard about the accident was shocked to see me walking around right after the crash. I believe Maverick saved my life! I used to drive Prius before. Though I loved it, I think I would have been seriously injured if I were still driving the Prius. My husband and I are super impressed.
6d404650-392f-4a37-9344-accfb9fa4d84.jpeg

ee746489-c11b-48de-9233-e853e0a1d311.jpeg
Wow - so glad you’re okay!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was t-boned by a woman who ran a red light at 55 mph and my truck rolled over. Luckily I got out of the wreck without any serious injuries but my Maverick was totaled. Everyone who saw/heard about the accident was shocked to see me walking around right after the crash. I believe Maverick saved my life! I used to drive Prius before. Though I loved it, I think I would have been seriously injured if I were still driving the Prius. My husband and I are super impressed.

I see that the driver door is gone.

Hopefully that didn't come off while you were being rolled over.

It is a good idea to get checked out by a doctor.

My mom was in a similar accident and initially she thought she was okay but when she was checked out by a doctor they found some heart palpitations and had to be admitted to a hospital.

Last edited:

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with you 💯 She was determined to run the red light no matter what. She is a 52 year old woman. Some people never grow up. We’re definitely buying a lottery ticket. My luck is clearly strong!
The main thing is that you are OK and will live to fight another day. :) Sheetmetal can be replaced and right now sheetmetal in the form of a Maverick seems to be now taking around 4 months judging from some posts here. Best of luck to you.

Yes there is a segment of our society that seems immune from ever growing up mentally. If you happen to have a friend who is a cop, you will hear some really mind blowing stories.

OP
OP

IKnowThePiecesFit49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see that the driver door is gone.

Hopefully that didn't come off while you were being rolled over.

It is a good idea to get checked out by a doctor.

My mom was in a similar accident and initially she thought she was okay but when she was checked out by a doctor they found some heart palpitations and had to be admitted to a hospital.
the door was completely jammed and the firefighters couldn’t open. They used the jaws of life to cut it open to get me out. I had read about it but never thought I would experience it myself. The doctors at the trauma center took chest and pelvic X-rays and a full body CT scan. They also monitored my BP and heart rate for the 3 hrs I was there. Everything checked out. But I’ll see my primary care for a follow up soon. Hope your mom is doing ok.

Sponsored

UT1104A

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cmax, 2016 Cmax, 2005 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Glad to hear you are alright. Definitely impressive to see how the Maverick held up. Still waiting on my 2022 order. I will feel safe just seeing this outcome.

OP
OP

IKnowThePiecesFit49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear you are alright. Definitely impressive to see how the Maverick held up. Still waiting on my 2022 order. I will feel safe just seeing this outcome.
yeah, I’m a total Maverick convert now. Definitely getting another one as a replacement!

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Super happy you are OK!!

Definitely not hit by someone doing 55 (you would have died).....but looks more like 40-ish mph based upon my training and experience.

Either way...... to walk away from that experience is an incredible blessing!!

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
totally. She was more shaken up than I was. I had a dash cam that captured the whole thing perfectly. She definitely ran the red light. She didn’t even slow down and honked at me.
I would have done all that I could to make her feel like the biggest fool on the planet if she even dared to imply that it wasn't her fault...

Sponsored
OP
OP

IKnowThePiecesFit49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Super happy you are OK!!

Definitely not hit by someone doing 55 (you would have died).....but looks more like 40-ish mph based upon my training and experience.

Either way...... to walk away from that experience is an incredible blessing!!
You don’t think so? The speed limit is 50 there and she was definitely speeding and never even hit the brake. But either way, she didn’t kill me and I’m just happy with the outcome!

OP
OP

IKnowThePiecesFit49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have done all that I could to make her feel like the biggest fool on the planet if she even dared to imply that it wasn't her fault...
we never interacted because I was trapped in the car and the firefighters just carried me into the ambulance once they got me out. I just saw her crying hysterically in her mangled Honda Pilot

trumpet77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2009 Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very glad you are OK. Medically, be sure to follow up and watch for any symptoms that show up later. I'm not a doctor, but I learned that concussion symptoms usually take say 24 hours to show up.

OP
OP

IKnowThePiecesFit49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very glad you are OK. Medically, be sure to follow up and watch for any symptoms that show up later. I'm not a doctor, but I learned that concussion symptoms usually take say 24 hours to show up.
yeah, I’m logging every symptom just in case we have to hire an attorney. So far, no sign of concussion

gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don’t think so? The speed limit is 50 there and she was definitely speeding and never even hit the brake. But either way, she didn’t kill me and I’m just happy with the outcome!
armchair experts know all, glad you're safe now and can move forward with your life without the lingering effects of someone else's stupidity; thanks for sharing your story and photos - insane
Sponsored