First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't you leave the key on when flat towing? Since the odo is electric and not cable driven, I was guessing that with the key on the miles would roll up.

What brake system are you using for the TOAD? That was a big negative for me, having to install the braking system.

It's a PITA backing a dolly. We have a 38' Class A but in 5-ish years will buy a Class C for our remaining years of RVing.
Not totally it is key off with neutral tow mode on but key has to stay in ignition and stay under 70mph while doing other steps.
Note: If your vehicle has an ignition key, you
cannot remove the key from the ignition
when the transmission is in neutral (N) and
your vehicle is off.
Note: Start the engine and allow it to run
for a few minutes at the beginning of each
day, and every six hours or fewer. With the
engine running and your foot on the brake,
shift into drive (D) and then into reverse (R)
before shifting back into neutral (N). Before
continuing to tow, switch neutral tow on.
Sponsored

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Soooo I only got one 0-60 run before my Dragy lost charge but I was blown away by 6.33s 0-60 time.

Check it out and tell me what other times have you seen????

I have a xlt 2.0 and I live in the suburbs .I got 27.4 MPG actual mileage check with a calculator at fill up. Then I cruised the Hwy and reset mileage meter which I found pretty accurate and it said 40 MPG . When I checked the mileage in the suburbs the meter said 26.1 but I calculated 27.4. The trainer I met said he was getting about 31 city and 37 Hwy but the trainer car had 50,000 miles on it so I would look to get better as you get more mileage on it.

Big Blue

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
If anyone goes 2.0 the only way it should be had is with AWD. If you say you can't afford it or don't need then also don't need more than the hybrid.

I think the only reason 2.0 FWD are even selling is because people can't wait for a hybrid.
I have the 2.0 AWD ordered 10/19. Looking forward to driving it.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Soooo I only got one 0-60 run before my Dragy lost charge but I was blown away by 6.33s 0-60 time.

Check it out and tell me what other times have you seen????

You have the towing package correct? The slightly lower gearing makes it a tick quicker 0-60 mph. I've seen videos of 6.4 secs (not sure if it had the tow package) and 6.5 secs (using 87 octane). 6.3 is the fastest I've seen so far. I know now a days reviewers don't consider a car fast unless it is like a sub 5 sec car. That's silly. Low to medium 6's is fast to me. A 1986 Mustang LX 5.0L did 0-60 mph in 6.2 secs. The GT version was a bit slower off the start but had a higher top speed because of the spoiler and side sills. The Maverick is kind of a sleeper. No badges on the tailgate except AWD. Glad they the left the ecoboost" badge off the tailgate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Imgonein60

Imgonein60

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick 19 Bullitt 19 F150
You have the towing package correct? The slightly lower gearing makes it a tick quicker 0-60 mph. I've seen videos of 6.4 secs (not sure if it had the tow package) and 6.5 secs (using 87 octane). 6.3 is the fastest I've seen so far. I know now a days reviewers don't consider a car fast unless it is like a sub 5 sec car. That's silly. Low to medium 6's is fast to me. A 1986 Mustang LX 5.0L did 0-60 mph in 6.2 secs. The GT version was a bit slower off the start but had a higher top speed because of the spoiler and side sills. The Maverick is kind of a sleeper. No badges on the tailgate except AWD. Glad they the "ecoboost" badge off the tailgate.
I do have the tow package, totally a sleeper Lol

Sponsored

rickon66

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2.0 Turbo
This thread is about the acceleration of a members Maverick, he is obviously proud of it. I bought my Maverick with FWD and 2.0 EB because I wanted the performance also. I could care less about towing or maximum gas mileage. I don't need others judging what I buy according to their standards

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread is about the acceleration of a members Maverick, he is obviously proud of it. I bought my Maverick with FWD and 2.0 EB because I wanted the performance also. I could care less about towing or maximum gas mileage. I don't need others judging what I buy according to their standards
lol....who are you so mad at?? :unsure:
Sponsored