Sponsored

Multiple retail order submissions for MY23 Maverick

How much is the multi retail oder submissions and what is the effect of multi order?

• Total voters

MoonJelly

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one with plans to keep it. However with constraints it could change by the time it finally gets to me.

If it doesn't arrive for 15 months or some nonsense I'll probably already have ordered a MY23, and sell it once that one comes in. Does that count as flipping it? 😆
Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an 22 XLT (fingers crossed) being delivered the week of 10/18. I also ordered a 23 Lariat for my wife. Plan is by the time the 23 comes in, she would be ready for a new vehicle but she loves her current car and is not driving as much as she used to due to hybrid work. If the 23 comes in I may sell the 22 and keep the 23 for me if she prefers her current car or keep the 23 for her but either way we will have a 23 Lariat provided Ford can build it. If my 22 comes in as scheduled it will have been a 16 month wait for me.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, mine was Mossy as well. And if you look at your order, you'll see that it wasn't even our salesman that put in the order. I ended up going to Penske and hope like he'll that's the order that goes thru.
Any news from Mossy or Penske. I see that Penske was sold to another dealer.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a 22 XLT EB, dealer never did the COVP so order was no good. Ordered a 23 XLT hybrid base model, still nothing. So, if we don’t get this one, do we try again or go another route. If we don’t get this one and decide to order a 24, I am contemplating ordering 1 from several dealers just to up my odds and take the first one to arrive. Blame it on the dealer and Ford production.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In retrospect, if you want a Maverick, you should order 3-4 from different dealers and then just drop the 2-3 once you get your truck. Ford has created a perverse incentive to game they system like this due to their moronic dealer allocation system.

Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In retrospect, if you want a Maverick, you should order 3-4 from different dealers and then just drop the 2-3 once you get your truck. Ford has created a perverse incentive to game they system like this due to their moronic dealer allocation system.
When the 24MY opens up thats what we will all do. Makes sense.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

interesting poll... it reveals that at least 16.2% or 1 out of 6 mavericks was ordered unnecessarily by respondents.... unnecessarily in terms of it will not be used by the individual who ordered it for his transport (personal nor business). of course those ordering more than 1 extra to flip would skew that percentage even higher.

Naturally, it's far too small of a data set to be statistically accurate, but still telling amongst those who chose to participate. Furthermore, I suspect those who flipped are more likely to respond than those who ordered one and kept or will keep it; so that might skew any results as well.
Sponsored