Tidefan44

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BLUF: Maverick with 18” black painted wheels did not have center caps. Is this normal?

I was lucky to pick up a fully loaded carbonized gray Lariat on Tuesday when the person that ordered it decided not to take delivery. I placed my order for a carbonized gray XLT Lux hybrid on 4 Nov and looked like I was not going to get a 22 model year so I told my salesman if any Mavericks become available to give me a call. I was lucky to get the call out of the blue on Tuesday. This one is not a hybrid and had extras I did not need like a power moon roof and Co-Pilot360, but still worth the cost.

I really love the truck so far and have a lot of accessories ordered such as hood shield, side window deflectors, tailgate dampener, and armrest storage box. The issue is when I looked at the wheels, I noticed there were no center caps. It did come with the optional 18” black painted wheels. Is it normal for Mavericks not to have center caps on the wheels? I never noticed before and I looked at photos of other Mavericks that have just arrived on the lot when I did my daily drive by on the way home and they did not have them either. I contacted my salesman about it and he was going to do some checking.
Sponsored

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's not normal. Your dealer must have them somewhere and not installed them when completing the PDI process.

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I hope they do have them.
Check your glove box and behind your rear seat. They might have gotten thrown in with the wire pigtails for your bed access points.

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I hope they do have them.
When my Mav arrived, the sales guy sent me a pic and I noticed the center caps were missing. They were on there when I saw the truck in person. So I'd guess it's a dealer goof-up and they're probably laying around somewhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Tidefan44

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When my Mav arrived, the sales guy sent me a pic and I noticed the center caps were missing. They were on there when I saw the truck in person. So I'd guess it's a dealer goof-up and they're probably laying around somewhere.
Thanks, they supposed to get back to me.

OP
OP

Tidefan44

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check your glove box and behind your rear seat. They might have gotten thrown in with the wire pigtails for your bed access points.
Thanks, I know they are not in the glove box, but I will check behind the rear seat.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mavericks are shipped without the center caps not attatched, they are inside the vehicle during shipment, did you check under the seat? If not whoever did the 'setup' on yours misplaced them.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tidefan44

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mavericks are shipped without the center caps attatched, they are inside the vehicle during shipment, did you check under the seat? If not whoever did the 'setup' on yours misplaced them.
Thanks, I have checked every nook and cranny with no sign of them.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
You didn't hear about the recent center cap shortage? Ford's shipping Mavericks without them now.

Just teasing.. hope it works out and dealer gets you squared away (y)
Sponsored