First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quite the unique noise cropped up today. It sounds like keys rattling on a dinner plate underneath the center console/shifter area. Now I’m assuming they aren’t actually keys rattling under there, unless there’s an employee at Hermosillo that’s lost their mind looking for them. I’m really hesitant of the dealer network at the moment considering I’m currently waiting to hear back from my dealership about scratch’s they put on interior from a previous repair. Apparently it’s low on their priority list to get back to me about what they are going to do to make things right in that scenario. Needless to say I dont want to go through these shenanigans all over again at a different dealership for this new noise. I know the interior will need to be disassembled again, and likely gain more scratches on the soft plastics, even though it’s quite loud and annoying.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remove it your self and try to locate the noise?

OP
OP

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was almost thinking the same thing

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does it change with RPM?

Might be a heat shield rattling.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take it to a Jiffy Lube. Tell the guy your problem and ask them to see if they can duplicate the rattle. If they are nice, they might let you go downstairs so you can try to find the rattle. Tip them.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Quite the unique noise cropped up today. It sounds like keys rattling on a dinner plate underneath the center console/shifter area. Now I’m assuming they aren’t actually keys rattling under there, unless there’s an employee at Hermosillo that’s lost their mind looking for them. I’m really hesitant of the dealer network at the moment considering I’m currently waiting to hear back from my dealership about scratch’s they put on interior from a previous repair. Apparently it’s low on their priority list to get back to me about what they are going to do to make things right in that scenario. Needless to say I dont want to go through these shenanigans all over again at a different dealership for this new noise. I know the interior will need to be disassembled again, and likely gain more scratches on the soft plastics, even though it’s quite loud and annoying.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!
Sponsored