First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered my Maverick I was told by my dealer I would have it by Feb/March. Ford customer service told me April. It’s now the middle of May and I still don’t have a build date. How is this not misrepresentation?

Neither Ford nor my dealer had any contact til March. It would be 1 thing to update as things changed, but to go completely dark is unacceptable.
It would have made waiting more interesting I suppose, if we could have logged in to Ford's side and saw a spread sheet listing each and every item needed for our build with availability status shown for each item. I took possession of hybrid first edition on march 9th and the production date on the tire was 0122. Apparently Michelin made the tire just in time to be delivered to the plant or perhaps the plant was waiting for the tire to be made? If we had been following a spread sheet we would have known. The way things are going maybe the sale of gasoline/diesel will be banned before the trucks are made. It may even be possible that the UFO's owners will be disclosed and the knowledge of their propulsion will be released resulting in the masses will cheer their arrival instead of screaming in terror! 😱😂
Sponsored

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 8/26 and was told it would be built in November or December. At the time the salesman assumed Ford was producing the Maverick at the same speed as the F-150 which would be 70k a month. I knew 100k of Mavericks had already been sold so I assumed it would only take a couple of months to fulfill the orders :) Then the EPA delayed Hybrids until December. Then the chip shortage. Some delay is understandable, but at the same time, the dealers should have known a little better about what estimate to give customers. I finally got a build date of 5/9 and I am still in production, but at least I hope to have it by the end of June, 6 months later than I was first told :)

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it makes you feel any better I was told Oct/Nov. At least mine is built and on it's way though. Some summer 21 orders still waiting to be built.

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If this is unacceptable then don't accept it.
Cancel your order. Walk away.

Just don't think this is only happening to you.
How you liking that cyber orange ?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They will keep you in the dark that is for sure. You get very little communication and the fact is the dealers don’t know crap. Welcome to the new Ford! But in all fairness some of this is just the times we live.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ice Ferret

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Suzuki XL7
When I ordered an XLT hybrid lux in July, my dealer said it might arrive by Christmas but said that based on experience with Bronco orders it could possibly be a year or more. It’s obviously going to be more than a year since I don’t have a build date yet. I get the supply chain issues, constraints, etc. and have no major issues with the delay. The thing I do find frustrating is reading on these sites of identical vehicles to mine that were ordered much later and have already been delivered. Also see posts by people who have ordered 2 or more Mavericks, taken delivery of them and bragging about profits from resale. Just doesn’t seem to be much proof that earliest orders are receiving any priority regardless of constraints. I think Ford is in the enviable position of not having to market the Maverick and “beat the bushes” for sales since they can sell everyone they produce with no need to cater to the consumer. Point being they don’t feel the need to be overly nice and considerate.
I’ve seen guys post about their January orders getting built with the same specs as mine. Ford is a horrible company when it comes to customer relations

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Class Action Lawsuit?

Free Extended Warranty?

Contact the Attorney General?

Scorched Earth Social Media Campaign?

All of the Above!

When I ordered my Maverick I was told by my dealer I would have it by Feb/March. Ford customer service told me April. It’s now the middle of May and I still don’t have a build date. How is this not misrepresentation?

Neither Ford nor my dealer had any contact til March. It would be 1 thing to update as things changed, but to go completely dark is unacceptable.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who said it was only happening to them? I think every person is aware of the problems in the world. That being said waiting 6-12 months for a basic pick up is horrible. Ford did an absolute shit job communicating. If I ever receive my maverick it’ll most likely be my first and last ford.

I deal with car dealerships daily at work and ford has the most problems
I see these types of statements and it leaves me confused 😐. Why would you buy from dealerships with the most problems. You already determined it would be a bad situation before you even started it. Self-fulfilling prophecy

Chawman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2018 Ford Escape 2014
Supply chain shortages are a problem for everyone, Certain things are not under their control but I don’t see any misrepresentation

David Paul

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Mine took 8 mos for delivery. I was rear-ended in my wife's car. 8 weeks waiting for parts. Within 30 min, I was called told the car was repaired, and then a call my truck was ready to pick up!
Sponsored