Misrepresentation?

Ice Ferret

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Suzuki XL7
When I ordered my Maverick I was told by my dealer I would have it by Feb/March. Ford customer service told me April. It’s now the middle of May and I still don’t have a build date. How is this not misrepresentation?

Neither Ford nor my dealer had any contact til March. It would be 1 thing to update as things changed, but to go completely dark is unacceptable.
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do understand your frustration; When I ordered mine last August I was told I would get it no later than December. It arrived April 15th. In my case it worked out because I had more bills paid off and more of a down payment.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A little digging would tell you people are still waiting from June last year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered my Maverick I was told by my dealer I would have it by Feb/March. Ford customer service told me April. It’s now the middle of May and I still don’t have a build date. How is this not misrepresentation?

Neither Ford nor my dealer had any contact til March. It would be 1 thing to update as things changed, but to go completely dark is unacceptable.

If this is unacceptable then don't accept it.
Cancel your order. Walk away.

Just don't think this is only happening to you.

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I ordered an XLT hybrid lux in July, my dealer said it might arrive by Christmas but said that based on experience with Bronco orders it could possibly be a year or more. It’s obviously going to be more than a year since I don’t have a build date yet. I get the supply chain issues, constraints, etc. and have no major issues with the delay. The thing I do find frustrating is reading on these sites of identical vehicles to mine that were ordered much later and have already been delivered. Also see posts by people who have ordered 2 or more Mavericks, taken delivery of them and bragging about profits from resale. Just doesn’t seem to be much proof that earliest orders are receiving any priority regardless of constraints. I think Ford is in the enviable position of not having to market the Maverick and “beat the bushes” for sales since they can sell everyone they produce with no need to cater to the consumer. Point being they don’t feel the need to be overly nice and considerate.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What we all agree should have been done better is communication. That's the bottom line Ford. People can deal with a lot of stuff. The "not knowing" is what crushes the spirit.

The 2nd thing that Ford should have done better is not putting August-October orders ahead of June-July orders. It's hard for guys like me to hear August-October order guys complain because they had to wait 4-6 months for their truck.

It's the old saying: I once complained because I had no shoes; then I saw a man who had no feet. Count your blessings, and be happy you have a truck. I'm thrilled that I have a truck coming...one day.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When did you order?

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The situation changes. The dealer has no control over the manufacturing and just takes an educated (well, hopefully educated) guess.

If a shipment of parts is delayed.... what is Ford supposed to do?

You didn't order the vehicle from Ford, the dealer did. Maybe the dealership should have been more upfront about the fact that they really don't know how long vehicles will take to be built. Or that there is a chance they could be delayed. I think that it pretty much common sense these days....the supply-line issues are well known.

OP
OP

Ice Ferret

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Suzuki XL7
If this is unacceptable then don't accept it.
Cancel your order. Walk away.

Just don't think this is only happening to you.
Who said it was only happening to them? I think every person is aware of the problems in the world. That being said waiting 6-12 months for a basic pick up is horrible. Ford did an absolute shit job communicating. If I ever receive my maverick it’ll most likely be my first and last ford.

I deal with car dealerships daily at work and ford has the most problems

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think he’s concerned about the lack of communication. Haven’t heard any from my dealership in seven months after taking a 1000 dollar down payment. A 33k investment should have some communication, even if it’s just “we don’t know” or “we’ll look into it and call back”.
Sponsored