2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the bottom of this plate flat, could the bolt holes be elongated maybe 1/4"-3/8" inward to allow the stanchion to move further outward, and provide clearance for the roll-up?

HRG

PXL_20211209_184307008.jpg
Yes it is flat base. With the correct tools I think you will be able to modify the holes
Sponsored

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rebate? Didn’t see that , after doing a quick search on TruXedo’s website.
Here's a copy of the Rebate Form I found...

Attachments

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See my previous post for Rack + Rail, https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/med-profile-rack-with-elevate-ts-rails.4777/

Got my Truxedo Sentry CT hard roll-up cover last night (800$ + tax thanks to this thread, https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/anybody-order-off-bakflip-com.5023/)

Spent ~2 hour to install the cover and adjust the racks.

Works as intended, only imperfection it that the cover rubs with the tower of the rack (the one closer to the front of the truck), but it can be pushed through.

I end up having a lot of extra seals, and made myself some sort of weather seal at the tailgate.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have in this setup.

PXL_20211209_184822493.jpg

PXL_20211209_184621060.jpg

PXL_20211209_184838199.jpg
I have the sentry cover and TS rails as well but haven’t been able to fit the cover and rails on together. When I installed the cover without the rails it fits fine. When I put the rails on the bed it’s basically just narrow enough that the cover doesn’t fit correctly. Any tips or tricks on how you got this to fit? I tried for over two hours and couldn’t get it to work

OP
OP
SiLence

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the sentry cover and TS rails as well but haven’t been able to fit the cover and rails on together. When I installed the cover without the rails it fits fine. When I put the rails on the bed it’s basically just narrow enough that the cover doesn’t fit correctly. Any tips or tricks on how you got this to fit? I tried for over two hours and couldn’t get it to work
You need to remove the thick foam from the rail of the cover, and replace with the thin foam that comes with the TS rail.

There is a note about it in the instruction of the TS rail

propp2531

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX-4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to remove the thick foam from the rail of the cover, and replace with the thin foam that comes with the TS rail.

There is a note about it in the instruction of the TS rail
I saw that in the instructions about the foam on my sentry rails. The foam on the back was basically the same thickness as the thin foam that came with the TS rails. My rails were basically 1/4” off when installed. I guess the foam is that much thicker to make enough of a difference?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SiLence

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw that in the instructions about the foam on my sentry rails. The foam on the back was basically the same thickness as the thin foam that came with the TS rails. My rails were basically 1/4” off when installed. I guess the foam is that much thicker to make enough of a difference?
For me, the foam on the back side of the rail of the sentry CT is much thicker than the thin one.
Something like 2mm vs 0.5mm

OP
OP
SiLence

SiLence

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is the bottom of this plate flat, could the bolt holes be elongated maybe 1/4"-3/8" inward to allow the stanchion to move further outward, and provide clearance for the roll-up?

HRG

So I did this drilling/milling with a local machine shop (made a 3/8" slot towards the inner edge, ending at 3/8" from the edge), now there is no rubbing with the cover.

I can open and close from one side of the bed without having to go to the other side to push the cover over the rubbing point.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I did this drilling/milling with a local machine shop (made a 3/8" slot towards the inner edge, ending at 3/8" from the edge), now there is no rubbing with the cover.

I can open and close from one side of the bed without having to go to the other side to push the cover over the rubbing point.
Good to hear! đź‘Ť

HRG

zacharydrake

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How high does the Sentry roll measure at this position? Thinking this same setup but instead with the Front Runner 6” legs. Hoping there would be enough clearance for it to fit under. TIA!

Last edited:

Jimi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XlT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See my previous post for Rack + Rail, https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/med-profile-rack-with-elevate-ts-rails.4777/

Got my Truxedo Sentry CT hard roll-up cover last night (800$ + tax thanks to this thread, https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/anybody-order-off-bakflip-com.5023/)

Spent ~2 hour to install the cover and adjust the racks.

Works as intended, only imperfection it that the cover rubs with the tower of the rack (the one closer to the front of the truck), but it can be pushed through.

I end up having a lot of extra seals, and made myself some sort of weather seal at the tailgate.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have in this setup.

PXL_20211209_184822493.jpg

PXL_20211209_184621060.jpg

PXL_20211209_184838199.jpg
Nice install, I have just done something very similar. What did you do about the water that sits between then cab and the bed that gets trapped by the front seal of the tonneau cover?

Im struggling to figure this out as it looks like it will pool up under the back window and possibly leak into the cab. I was thinking about putting half in tubing in the corners and routing it down under my bed mat. Then caulking everything up.
Sponsored