Sponsored

Mavericks Total Height and Overall Size?

Impulse12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Myself and many other people are starting to question this trucks height.. Fords dimensions show that it stands from the ground to the roof at 68.7 and there is no way this truck stands that tall. Photos show this truck at the height of a ford escape (around 65-66) some photos show it shorter than people who claim their height to be 70inches... The original dimensions should make this truck very similar to a Nissan frontier.. but I'm starting to question that. 4 inches in height does not seem like much but it is frustrating because I used those dimensions to make my original decision on ordering this truck last month.

For the people who have seen this truck in person...

1. Does it seem to be the true height that ford said it would be?
2. Does the overall size seem okay? What past pickup would you say it reminds you of?

Ford Maverick Mavericks Total Height and Overall Size? Ford Maverick size
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone mentioned it's closer to 66" to the roof, the antenna base adds to the overall height making it close to as advertised

OP
OP

Impulse12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
I'm really curious how that small height looks in person. I'm now picturing a 90s ranger size

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On one of the new Canadian videos today, they guy is around 5’10”. The top of the roof looks to be about eye level. It doesn’t help that every reviewer seems to be giant 😂

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No kidding. It's like the minimum height to give sneak peaks of the maverick had to be 6'2.

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does it depend on model? Such as Hybrid or AWD with the FX4 pkg? I would think the FX4 might have more ground clearance.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe the roof height of this truck is actually around 65-ish”. The 68.7” that Ford put out includes the base of the antenna, or the “shark fin”. The only variance in height amongst models, to my understanding, would be if your truck is fitted with the optional 235 tires.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I believe the roof height of this truck is actually around 65-ish”. The 68.7” that Ford put out includes the base of the antenna, or the “shark fin”. The only variance in height amongst models, to my understanding, would be if your truck is fitted with the optional 235 tires.
Not arguing I promise. The picture shows the line at the roof line which the antenna sits on. If it was shorter, wouldn't that be false advertising? Which they could be sued for. Just sayin.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not arguing I promise. The picture shows the line at the roof line which the antenna sits on. If it was shorter, wouldn't that be false advertising? Which they could be sued for. Just sayin.
It appears from every review, person standing next to it in real life, pictures and videos that it is certainly a print visual that may be slightly off. Merit worthy of a lawsuit, I doubt it. But I don’t really know or care haha. It won’t be me filing a lawsuit.

charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150
The Ford handout "How Big is Maverick", that Impulse12 included above, shows the height (on both Maverick and Ranger) to be the roofline, not the top of the antenna base.
When I finally see a real live Maverick in person, I plan on having a tape measure with me.
My guess is that the height and angle of the camera taking the picture/video creates the illusion of various heights.

Sponsored

Luchie64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2019 Escape, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On one of the new Canadian videos today, they guy is around 5’10”. The top of the roof looks to be about eye level. It doesn’t help that every reviewer seems to be giant 😂
I’ve mentioned that before. 😂

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ford handout "How Big is Maverick", that Impulse12 included above, shows the height (on both Maverick and Ranger) to be the roofline, not the top of the antenna base.
When I finally see a real live Maverick in person, I plan on having a tape measure with me.
My guess is that the height and angle of the camera taking the picture/video creates the illusion of various heights.
Please report back when you do but don’t be disappointed when it’s shorter than you’re thinking! These aren’t just wild guesses people are making. As the folks above me mentioned, you can take just that one video from today of a guy who says he’s just short of 5’10” and clearly tell roof height of this truck is not 5’8.7”.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want a FREE body lift of 2". I was going to get a 2" body lift even when I assumed my Maverick will be 68.7" 😡
Sponsored