Not open for further replies.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
This is what we know so far. Hyundai is subject to change. Lots of it is speculation based on Hyundai’s other vehicles

Ford Maverick Maverick VS Santa Cruz options (preliminary) compared A377BA6B-719C-44BC-A8B4-183E06DBD626

updated 6/23/21
Sponsored

Last edited:

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank goodness I’m not the only one who goes to Numbers/Excel for decision-making data sheets. 😁 well done!

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is not so much a feature comparison as it is a "list all the options ford has and see if hyundai also has it" lol

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is not so much a feature comparison as it is a "list all the options ford has and see if hyundai also has it" lol
True, there are quite a few things we know the Hyundai has that Ford doesn't, like 360o camera, FOB based self-parking, standard DRLs, LED tail lights, brunk, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, there are quite a few things we know the Hyundai has that Ford doesn't, like 360o camera, FOB based self-parking, standard DRLs, LED tail lights, brunk, etc.
360 camera. Sure.
FOB parking sure.
Ford has standard LED headlights.
Hyundai has standard LED DRL. (I’ll take the headlights over DRL.
LEF taillights sure.
I’ll take the full sized spare over bed truck.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
360 camera. Sure.
FOB parking sure.
Ford has standard LED headlights.
Hyundai has standard LED DRL. (I’ll take the headlights over DRL.
LEF taillights sure.
I’ll take the full sized spare over bed truck.
SC can get LED headlights too, just not standard. Also has damped tailgate, self-leveling suspension (pretty fancy), more expensive Michelin tires (at least that's what the preproduction units are wearing), roof rails, steps integrated into rear bumper, interior vent diffuser, center locking differential, rear passenger vents, etc.

Point was, the spreadsheet was primarily focusing on features that the Maverick has and checking if the SC has them, while ignoring all the SC exclusive features.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SC can get LED headlights too, just not standard. Also has damped tailgate, self-leveling suspension (pretty fancy), more expensive Michelin tires (at least that's what the preproduction units are wearing), roof rails, steps integrated into rear bumper, interior vent diffuser, center locking differential, rear passenger vents, etc.

Point was, the spreadsheet was primarily focusing on features that the Maverick has and checking if the SC has them, while ignoring all the SC exclusive features.
I will add more when official models come out.
but the tires are more expensive not more better. Falken Wild Peak are just as good. Yes The Michillen tires have a 1 year 10k mile better warranty. But idk about you but I’ve NEVER used a tire wear warranty. Only the road hazard warranty. So I could care less.

you can get led lights alll round Maverick too. Point is I would rather have headlights (listed in spreadsheet for both)

“center locking diff” is all marketing BS just means 50/50 split. All the time. Same as Maverick in “off road” mode.

and I don’t need bumper steps on a tailgate that’s only 2’ off the ground. “Lift in height” is 30” my Chevy truck however that’s closer to 50” yea give me the step

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
If the Maverick XL had cruise control, I could buy the Ford I wanted for about $26,300. But since that's not an option, spec'ing an XLT pushes the Maverick to a price right around $30,000. At that price point, the Santa Cruz SEL will likely be very competitive, maybe even better for my purposes. So right now I've gotta lean toward the Hyundai, understanding that prices for that truck are guesses at this point.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the Maverick XL had cruise control, I could buy the Ford I wanted for about $26,300. But since that's not an option, spec'ing an XLT pushes the Maverick to a price right around $30,000. At that price point, the Santa Cruz SEL will likely be very competitive, maybe even better for my purposes. So right now I've gotta lean toward the Hyundai, understanding that prices for that truck are guesses at this point.
what are you building on the XLT to hit that high? XLT LUX FX4 Towing is 31k

Sponsored

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
what are you building on the XLT to hit that high? XLT LUX FX4 Towing is 31k
XLT with 2 liter ecoboost starts at $23,775
Add AWD: $3305
Add copilot: $540
Add hard rollup tonneau cover (this is one of the features I like on the Santa Cruz): $1160
Add drop-in bedliner: $375
Add hitch receiver: $100
Total is $29,255. And to be honest, I'd probably also want to add the mud flaps and window/hood deflectors, but I don't consider those absolute requirements (adding them brings my total build to $29,665).

So I've got a $30K price point for the Maverick without adding anything too fancy. I have a feeling the Santa Cruz will have more standard features with a better cockpit at a similar price point, but that's just based on web chatter. So far Hyundai has dropped the ball communicating pricing so who the hell knows.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT with 2 liter ecoboost starts at $23,775
Add AWD: $3305
Add copilot: $540
Add hard rollup tonneau cover (this is one of the features I like on the Santa Cruz): $1160
Add drop-in bedliner: $375
Add hitch receiver: $100
Total is $29,255. And to be honest, I'd probably also want to add the mud flaps and window/hood deflectors, but I don't consider those absolute requirements (adding them brings my total build to $29,665).

So I've got a $30K price point for the Maverick without adding anything too fancy. I have a feeling the Santa Cruz will have more standard features with a better cockpit at a similar price point, but that's just based on web chatter. So far Hyundai has dropped the ball communicating pricing so who the hell knows.

fair enough. I’m willing to be the SEL starts over 30k. And that’s the N/A motor FWD.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you can get led lights alll round Maverick too. Point is I would rather have headlights (listed in spreadsheet for both)
Unfortunately not, I was a bit bummed when I saw even a Lariat still keeps the same incandescent tail lights. It does upgrade other lights though like the bed and what not, but nothing I saw shows the taillights ever get a upgrade.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately not, I was a bit bummed when I saw even a Lariat still keeps the same incandescent tail lights. It does upgrade other lights though like the bed and what not, but nothing I saw shows the taillights ever get a upgrade.
true I didn’t see led tail lights. BUT as a service truck driver. I prefer regular. Because you can put flashers in them. You can’t with less.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.