Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Honestly Ford.. I was ready to order an XL with lots of options... until I found out CRUISE CONTROL is unavailable. WT-Serious-F Ford??? It has Android Auto, freaking LED headlights, Safety radar/sensors... but no freaking CRUISE CONTROL??? What a joke. Holding off. I don't like the XLT or Lariat interiors. I can't believe they're doing that to potential XL buyers. Seriously how is it not even an option???
I bet if you hold out until people start getting these delivered we'll find that cruise control can be retrofit in using OEM parts
Sponsored

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
I will say I doubt it. It's surely controlled by the computer(s). Now I bet someone will offer a mod to install the buttons and turn the feature on in the computer; and completely void all of the computer/electrical warranty in the process as they all talk to each other and Ford will say "well you modded it for cruise control so that dead hybrid battery is on you, $8,000 please". Why not just offer it? Are they really THAT scared of someone wanting an XL with some options on it? XLT's interior looks silly, and Lariats is ok-ish but then you'll need the Luxury package and now you've got a $32,000 truck... which defeats the purpose in my mind. Why not just have cruise control be an option for a few hundred dollars?

jjalvare

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
Undecided
This storage box in the Santa Cruz bed could be the selling point for me. I was hoping that the Maverick would have, but that's Ford for you.

Ford Maverick Maverick Trim Comparison (XL, XLT, Lariat) 45541-2022SantaCruz

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like some others who have commented above:

I can afford to get my "dream spec" of this truck, lariat with lux package, but I'd be doing that mostly so I could get the B&O system. The heated seats are not also ventilated so that's a bit of a miss for me. Plus, although I could technically afford it, I am cheap and would feel really silly optioning this thing to almost double the base price.

The rear seat not being 60/40 is a huge miss as well. It makes no sense as the storage compartment appears to be segmented anyways, and it is an obvious failure to actually consider their target demographic (younger people who, guess what, might have a kid at some point whose car seat would make that storage completely inaccessible). I saw on a video the interior design manager was like "you can put ice in there as a cooler for your drinks" lol stfu guy. Hyundai and Honda are clear winners in these regards.

At the moment I'm considering an xlt spec'd to around $27k... if I were to go lariat+lux, I would be at the point of "gee, for another couple thousand, I could just get a Hyundai" (which would have just been a bananas thing to say 15 years ago) and then I probably would do so.

But, man, I love a good deal...so maverick might be the winner if Hyundai cannot be within a few thousand. I assume they did not release pricing at launch bc they wanted to let ford set the price for the segment and so they will hopefully be competitive with their own pricing. In the end, we as consumers hopefully come out on top with increased competition in this re- emerging segment

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Looks like Ford just sent me straight to the competition before the truck is even available. Just did a build on a Lariat and the only interior option is some god-awful ugly brown color----thanks Ford
SEE ya'

Sponsored

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kinda BS that adaptive cruise and lane centering only come in the Lariat lux package when they have a dedicated Co-Pilot 360 package.

Reactions: bgn

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford just sent me straight to the competition before the truck is even available. Just did a build on a Lariat and the only interior option is some god-awful ugly brown color----thanks Ford
I cannot comprehend this business decision. It’s such a polarizing design choice. Why not go with the standard charcoal and gray options? Add the funky two-tone brown/black as an optional package or something. It’s hideous.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cannot comprehend this business decision. It’s such a polarizing design choice. Why not go with the standard charcoal and gray options? Add the funky two-tone brown/black as an optional package or something. It’s hideous.
It’s actually brown/navy, which I think may be even more polarizing. I like it, at least in the in-person photos, but I get how someone else would not. I think the color choices have to do with the market they are “targeting,” but as has been discussed in another post here, probably will not be the reality on the demographic they find actually buying the trucks.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking for some clarification. If I’m reading right, the XL doesn’t come with the “flexbed”? I’ve specd each trim and want to go XL to save the money(I don’t use CC) but I feel like the flexbed is a must have. Also bummed you have to get 360 in order to get the $150 rear sliding window. Hoping to find an alternative there.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for some clarification. If I’m reading right, the XL doesn’t come with the “flexbed”? I’ve specd each trim and want to go XL to save the money(I don’t use CC) but I feel like the flexbed is a must have. Also bummed you have to get 360 in order to get the $150 rear sliding window. Hoping to find an alternative there.
They all come with the flexbed (slots for 2x4s etc) but the XL has 4 tie down spots and zero cubbies, XLT has 10 tie downs and one cubby, Lariat gets flexbed with 10 tie down spots and two cubbies

Lux packages add the accessory locking rails in there too.

Sponsored

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order for the XLT with the Lux and CoPilot360 packages + Moon Roof and Rear Slider Window through Chapman Ford, 3% under invoice but I'm playing back the "is it worth upgrading to Lariat for..." question in my head for the following items:

SYNC3 - with Android Auto and Apple Carplay why would I want SYNC 3? Back when I had a 13' Ford I had the old SYNC and I was not a big fan. Can any current users weigh in on whether this system is much better?

Keyless Start - Its nice that all trim levels have Fordpass AKA Remote start from phone but I REALLY don't want to have to pull the keys out to get driving.

Acoustic Windshield - I love a quiet ride but the engineer in me wants to know the exact decibel reduction gained from this.

Gripes:

-Rear Parking Sensors - silly this is part of the Lariat Lux package and not the CoPilot package - I guess it doesn't matter since its a smaller truck which makes parking easier and we have a backup camera standard.

-One touch up/down windows only on the Lariat

-Wireless charging only on the Lariat

-Where is the seat memory option??

Are there any adds that should only be done by the factory and not aftermarket? First thing that comes to mind is the moon roof and heated seats. Where do rear bed covers and the touchlink truckbed lighting fall in the mix? I'm already planning on putting a subwoofer in under the back seat....

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I placed my order for the XLT with the Lux and CoPilot360 packages + Moon Roof and Rear Slider Window through Chapman Ford, 3% under invoice but I'm playing back the "is it worth upgrading to Lariat for..." question in my head for the following items:

SYNC3 - with Android Auto and Apple Carplay why would I want SYNC 3? Back when I had a 13' Ford I had the old SYNC and I was not a big fan. Can any current users weigh in on whether this system is much better?

Keyless Start - Its nice that all trim levels have Fordpass AKA Remote start from phone but I REALLY don't want to have to pull the keys out to get driving.

Acoustic Windshield - I love a quiet ride but the engineer in me wants to know the exact decibel reduction gained from this.

Gripes:

-Rear Parking Sensors - silly this is part of the Lariat Lux package and not the CoPilot package - I guess it doesn't matter since its a smaller truck which makes parking easier and we have a backup camera standard.

-One touch up/down windows only on the Lariat

-Wireless charging only on the Lariat

-Where is the seat memory option??

Are there any adds that should only be done by the factory and not aftermarket? First thing that comes to mind is the moon roof and heated seats. Where do rear bed covers and the touchlink truckbed lighting fall in the mix? I'm already planning on putting a subwoofer in under the back seat....
I like the upgrade to Sync3 because someone said the Sync3 processor is faster and the screen animations/touch sensitivity is better. Not sure how true all that is but add in the B&O sound system with a subwoofer and I think its a generally more pleasant experience.

Acoustic windshields are pretty cool. A surprising amount of wind noise comes from the windshield and that thin layer of acoustic material makes a pretty good difference. It wouldn't be the sole reason to jump from XLT to Lariat but I wouldn't discount it as a nice feature. Obviously this doesn't matter if the rest of the vehicle is built poorly but I don't really expect that from Ford.

Parking sensors being a Lariat Lux only option is also weird.

I get Ford not putting keyless start/smart key on the XL but leaving it off the XLT seems silly or at least not adding it in with the Lux package.

I think a lot of the Ford parts will be plug and play so if you get an XLT and really want wireless charging, just order the right part and we'll see people here figure out how to install it. Maybe even swap out the pad with the window switches and get one touch up/down.

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll probably swap out the headset for the SYNC 3 one as with all the reasons to upgrade I end up coming back to the fact that I strongly prefer the "unique" cloth seats over the leather. The rest I'll learn to live without!

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remote start is in the LXT Lux package, at least in Canada.