First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Over sized tires do not affect the shaft angles as they lift the entire vehicle. The relationship of the hub to the body remains the same.
What may be an issue is the weight of the oversized tires overloading the shafts in conjunction with the lift.
Sponsored

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For those of you concerned. Any damage that is done to the half shafts usually starts when the lift kit is being installed. Lots of individuals/ installers force the spindle assembly down with out removing the axle nut to remove or line up the strut assembly. And if an installer removes an axle nut it should be push out with with a tool for that purpose. Most will be hit with a mallet or hammer to push it in for removal this could cause unseen damage. A 1" lift on a Tremor would result in about a 3 degree change in axle angle. I can't guarantee that using the correct procedure will have your axles will last forever. As all of you know here others have had half shaft problems with out any lift installed. :unsure: :)

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck Ford service 2

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck Ford sevice 1

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck Ford service 3

Last edited:

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those of you concerned. Any damage that is done to the half shafts usually starts when the lift kit is being installed. Lots of individuals/ installers force the spindle assembly down with out removing the axle nut to remove or line up the strut assembly. And if an installer removes an axle nut it should be push out with with a tool for that purpose. Most will be hit with a mallet or hammer to push it in for removal this could cause unseen damage. A 1" lift on a Tremor would result in about a 3 degree change in axle angle. I can't guarantee that using the correct procedure will have your axles will last forever. As all of you know here others have had half shaft problems with out any lift installed. :unsure: :)

Ford service 2.jpg

Ford sevice 1.jpg

Ford service 3.jpg
This may seem like a really dumb question, but where did you get that info you're displaying?

It kinda looks like the workshop manuals that I've had for previous vehicles. Would absolutely love to have something like that for my Tremor.

Thanks!

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This may seem like a really dumb question, but where did you get that info you're displaying?

It kinda looks like the workshop manuals that I've had for previous vehicles. Would absolutely love to have something like that for my Tremor.

Thanks!
You can purchase the Ford Maverick manual on line at different shopping sites however it's usually a crude version with links for repair instruction that don't work. So searching is difficult. It's handy however you need patience and time to navigate through it. I have used automotive manuals on my job all my life and clearly this was not configured correctly and put together by a group of individuals that had very little automotive experience working on actual vehicles in the field.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thanks!
Pm sent with the link to the service manual.

Sponsored

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
utini3

utini3

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Both front CVs replaced at dealer. Paid out of pocket as they claim it was most likely a bad install as well as assuring me it won’t happen again. 1000mi on new axles and no issues yet 😅

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Seating the cv’s on trans outputs is crucial when doing the lifts .
what did they charge you?
I’m going custom axles here soon(3 1/2” wider per side) . Will post on the prerunner build , once I get a price on them .

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's funny you mention Subaru's. Ask me how I learned all this especially when it comes to unibodies :ROFLMAO:

What a disaster. Subaru forums are full of puck/spacer lifts and terrible advice and they act like rock crawlers with their 6 inches of ground clearance and .5" thick metal diff covers... Subaru's are the hipsters of the lifting world. Great for what they are - but wanna be "overlanders" trying to compensate for being smol boi's.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Every time I see a lifted Subaru I just think "ooh... that ride must suck and how many times have you replaced the valve body trying to figure out where your shifting problems are coming from?".
That’s really interesting to hear as I recently saw a Subaru Crosstrek on the highway with what must have been a 6” lift. It was way up over stock height and I was shocked, thinking they are unibody as well, how do they get away with such a change in suspension geometry without the negative consequences of the Maverick. Apparently they experience these challenges as well!

ramm440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one tremor and one xlt awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is your shocks bottoming out. Not good. People often assume it's just because of adding pucks and the pucks are the new noise/stiffener, but it's totally ruining the actual suspension. Some will try to add bump stops to help but it doesn't change the actual new limitations you've introduced by lifting without suspension designed for the new rate of travel. A bump stop is basically just a cushion to help soften the blow, but overall doesn't change much. Same with folks around this forum adding "spring" lifts but nothing in terms of the struts/shocks themselves. It doesn't change the amount of travel you've added on the struts/shocks.

The only way to lift a truck properly is by getting struts/shocks designed for the travel and the rest of the spacers are for the changes on the rest of the drive line. Even still, most kits are so drastic that even the spacers don't help. This includes the ones I see from Flatout's Maverick kits. I believe it's a 2" kit? It's just too much for the Maverick. But the risk of pucks simply just isn't worth it for the looks, especially on these trucks. The way everything connects in the PTU/Tranny is just asking for major work to be done. Most are lucky to only have the CV's be the failure points, but there are TONS of reports of lifts on unibody vehicles in general changing the shifting as well and that's definitely worst case scenario.

That's also why the Tremor is only a half an inch difference from it's FX4 sibling. Anything beyond that is too much.

For those with Tremor's considering a lift... you are in the wrong vehicle. Get an on frame truck.
I own a Tremor and like you said lifting it changes the geometry of so many things. The control arms need be lowered in order to maintain proper centerline camber. I am by no means an expert. Do any of these lifts address this?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is your shocks bottoming out. Not good. People often assume it's just because of adding pucks and the pucks are the new noise/stiffener, but it's totally ruining the actual suspension. Some will try to add bump stops to help but it doesn't change the actual new limitations you've introduced by lifting without suspension designed for the new rate of travel. A bump stop is basically just a cushion to help soften the blow, but overall doesn't change much. Same with folks around this forum adding "spring" lifts but nothing in terms of the struts/shocks themselves. It doesn't change the amount of travel you've added on the struts/shocks.

The only way to lift a truck properly is by getting struts/shocks designed for the travel and the rest of the spacers are for the changes on the rest of the drive line. Even still, most kits are so drastic that even the spacers don't help. This includes the ones I see from Flatout's Maverick kits. I believe it's a 2" kit? It's just too much for the Maverick. But the risk of pucks simply just isn't worth it for the looks, especially on these trucks. The way everything connects in the PTU/Tranny is just asking for major work to be done. Most are lucky to only have the CV's be the failure points, but there are TONS of reports of lifts on unibody vehicles in general changing the shifting as well and that's definitely worst case scenario.

That's also why the Tremor is only a half an inch difference from it's FX4 sibling. Anything beyond that is too much.

For those with Tremor's considering a lift... you are in the wrong vehicle. Get an on frame truck.
I put on H/R 1.5 inch lift springs 16 months ago- Seems to have been about an actual 1.7 inch lift- Alignment afterward checked out in spec (barely) Springs swapped at dealer- The Flatout kit that came out afterwards seemed well thought out (Not just the spacer lift) Not sure how to get an upgraded shock to deal with the added travel and such- Its been a learning experience but so far so good minus a little more truck like ride.
Sponsored