2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tremor with 1.5in Readylift with 1.25wheel spacers

drove 300mi out of town and it’s the dreaded CV joints shaking my truck crazily at 45mph+
Despite what a lot of people have been asking no, the tremor CVs are not better which is utter BS for a tremor edition.

In love with the truck, but it’s at a dealer 400 mi away awaiting to see if Warrant will hold or if they have a solution/upgrade to prevent this from happening. Any suggestions and glooming are welcomed!

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck IMG_3121

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck IMG_3113

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck IMG_3112

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck IMG_3111

Ford Maverick Maverick Tremor 1.5 SST ReadyLift installed. Dreaded CV joints shaking my truck IMG_3110
Sponsored

OP
OP
utini3

utini3

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023, also with the tires is another 1.4in supposedly

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That does not look like healthy angles at all. Sorry man, way too much of a lift for an already slightly lifted unibody. Even 2" is pretty much overkill for these "trucks".

Remove it. Only good solution. Do your research on lifting and why in general, strut pucks are a terrible idea regardless of how they are used. It's the one reason why I have not done anything to this Maverick and I've lifted every single truck I've ever owned.

There is one company so far that makes an actual suspension lift and it's pricey. But even those are pushing the limits and were not designed around the Tremor. Again, pretty much every single truck I've owned has been a 1.5" total limit with 2" being the max and so many people don't understand why it's not a good idea to go to the max or beyond it until they find out the hard way. Regardless of the Mavericks CV issues, you would have ran into this issue with any truck.

One look at the setup and they are going to deny your warranty. Any sane technician would. But, they may chalk it up to the CV issues that do exist if you agree to remove the lift.

Last edited:

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2023, also with the tires is another 1.4in supposedly
1.4 difference in diameter will lift by .70" as it's from the hub down (radius) that lifts the truck.. from the hub up it's just filling the wheel well better. Regardless, a full 3" (.8" tremor shocks, 1.5" lift, .7" tires) over stock Maverick is quite a bit.

I'm considering doing 1"f 3/4"r lift (https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...nd-toyo-open-country-at-tires-245-70r17.5706/) with 245\60 R18s... so a bit over stock as well from the standard Lariat EB AWD 4K w/ the 225\60 R18 tire size. I too thought the Tremor cv joints were tougher and was considering them as an additional measure of caution. Will take a wait and see stance for a bit perhaps.

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That does not look like healthy angles at all. Sorry man, way too much of a lift for an already slightly lifted unibody. Even 2" is pretty much overkill for these "trucks".

Remove it. Only good solution. Do your research on lifting and why in general, strut pucks are a terrible idea regardless of how they are used. It's the one reason why I have not done anything to this Maverick and I've lifted every single truck I've ever owned.

There is one company so far that makes an actual suspension lift and it's pricey. But even those are pushing the limits and were not designed around the Tremor. Again, pretty much every single truck I've owned has been a 1.5" total limit with 2" being the max and so many people don't understand why it's not a good idea to go to the max or beyond it until they find out the hard way. Regardless of the Mavericks CV issues, you would have ran into this issue with any truck.

One look at the setup and they are going to deny your warranty. Any sane technician would. But, they may chalk it up to the CV issues that do exist if you agree to remove the lift.
I also considered lifting the Maverick but had both front half shafts replaced under warranty on stock suspension because they leaked a lot of grease out of their outer CV boots. I've come to terms with the fact that this is just not the vehicle to go lifting and if I want to go that route I should probably consider something more along the lines of a Ranger or Tacoma. That being said, I bought the Mav because it was 25k for a total package that serves me well so I will just stick with the stock suspension and I at least got an extra inch of ground clearance going to 245/70R17 tires over the stock 225/65R17 tires. The Tremor package is cool but these were never intended to be anything remotely close to a serious off road vehicle, I think one of the auto blogs summed it up properly when they said the Maverick Tremor was a cool rally truck.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just speculating here, but did you have the truck aligned after installing the lift. That would be my first suspicion. There have been people on here with lifts that did not have any issues so the verdict is still out as there are alot of variables. One day I will try the Flatout kit, but we shall see.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My experience with lifting a maverick was not a good one . I put a 2 inch lift on an XL with 4 k tow package . Changed the truck in so many negative ways . But the banging when going over bumps at lower speeds ,was the most annoying . Also I kept records of what each change did to the ride height . I was a bit happy when I measured my Tremor and found that a stock Tremor sits a half inch higher then a XL 4 K with a 2 inch lift and the same size tires . Tomorrow I will be installing rear air bags to the Tremor . This is to maintain ride height when loaded or towing ,not for a lift .

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My experience with lifting a maverick was not a good one . I put a 2 inch lift on an XL with 4 k tow package . Changed the truck in so many negative ways . But the banging when going over bumps at lower speeds ,was the most annoying . Also I kept records of what each change did to the ride height . I was a bit happy when I measured my Tremor and found that a stock Tremor sits a half inch higher then a XL 4 K with a 2 inch lift and the same size tires . Tomorrow I will be installing rear air bags to the Tremor . This is to maintain ride height when loaded or towing ,not for a lift .
That is your shocks bottoming out. Not good. People often assume it's just because of adding pucks and the pucks are the new noise/stiffener, but it's totally ruining the actual suspension. Some will try to add bump stops to help but it doesn't change the actual new limitations you've introduced by lifting without suspension designed for the new rate of travel. A bump stop is basically just a cushion to help soften the blow, but overall doesn't change much. Same with folks around this forum adding "spring" lifts but nothing in terms of the struts/shocks themselves. It doesn't change the amount of travel you've added on the struts/shocks.

The only way to lift a truck properly is by getting struts/shocks designed for the travel and the rest of the spacers are for the changes on the rest of the drive line. Even still, most kits are so drastic that even the spacers don't help. This includes the ones I see from Flatout's Maverick kits. I believe it's a 2" kit? It's just too much for the Maverick. But the risk of pucks simply just isn't worth it for the looks, especially on these trucks. The way everything connects in the PTU/Tranny is just asking for major work to be done. Most are lucky to only have the CV's be the failure points, but there are TONS of reports of lifts on unibody vehicles in general changing the shifting as well and that's definitely worst case scenario.

That's also why the Tremor is only a half an inch difference from it's FX4 sibling. Anything beyond that is too much.

For those with Tremor's considering a lift... you are in the wrong vehicle. Get an on frame truck.

Last edited:

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those with Tremor's considering a lift... you are in the wrong vehicle. Get an on frame truck.
For real though. And/or go troll a Subaru forum and see how those dudes get away with it and what problems they run into. You can't modify a stock suspension beyond the factory intentions and then complain that the related parts aren't up to the task.

Sponsored

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is your shocks bottoming out. Not good. People often assume it's just because of adding pucks and the pucks are the new noise/stiffener, but it's totally ruining the actual suspension. Some will try to add bump stops to help but it doesn't change the actual new limitations you've introduced by lifting without suspension designed for the new rate of travel. A bump stop is basically just a cushion to help soften the blow, but overall doesn't change much. Same with folks around this forum adding "spring" lifts but nothing in terms of the struts/shocks themselves. It doesn't change the amount of travel you've added on the struts/shocks.

The only way to lift a truck properly is by getting struts/shocks designed for the travel and the rest of the spacers are for the changes on the rest of the drive line. Even still, most kits are so drastic that even the spacers don't help. This includes the ones I see from Flatout's Maverick kits. I believe it's a 2" kit? It's just too much for the Maverick. But the risk of pucks simply just isn't worth it for the looks, especially on these trucks. The way everything connects in the PTU/Tranny is just asking for major work to be done. Most are lucky to only have the CV's be the failure points, but there are TONS of reports of lifts on unibody vehicles in general changing the shifting as well and that's definitely worst case scenario.

That's also why the Tremor is only a half an inch difference from it's FX4 sibling. Anything beyond that is too much.

I agree with you . When I ordered my first Maverick In December of 2021 ,the Tremor was not out yet . Once I realized the Tremor had all the Mods done to it I wanted ,and with a warranty. I ordered one . A Tremor is about the best a Maverick can ever be . The ride is fantastic the way Ford has it tuned . I only wish it came with 4 K tow , then it would be perfect to me .

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I definitely wont be one to complain about the effects of modifying a vehicle after I do it. I will just get down there and sort it out. Interesting point about lowing the travel and making the shock the limiter. A potential fix would be a strut body from a lower vehicle like a corsair or escape, perhaps matched with hybrid mav springs, and a spacer lift on top. You would lose travel a bit but the net gain in ground clearance at the belly would be enough to clear the obstacle you need to. The magic with unibody platform shared jeeps has always been parts swapping between models. With so many vehicles on this chassis I think it will be same. Just gotta wait till they get into the junkyards and are littering ebay with take -offs. Probably in 5 years we will have all the answers to these modifications. Look at where we are in the horsepower department already. There a trucks out there that are one step below doubling their original output. We are only a couple years in.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For real though. And/or go troll a Subaru forum and see how those dudes get away with it and what problems they run into. You can't modify a stock suspension beyond the factory intentions and then complain that the related parts aren't up to the task.
It's funny you mention Subaru's. Ask me how I learned all this especially when it comes to unibodies :ROFLMAO:

What a disaster. Subaru forums are full of puck/spacer lifts and terrible advice and they act like rock crawlers with their 6 inches of ground clearance and .5" thick metal diff covers... Subaru's are the hipsters of the lifting world. Great for what they are - but wanna be "overlanders" trying to compensate for being smol boi's.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Every time I see a lifted Subaru I just think "ooh... that ride must suck and how many times have you replaced the valve body trying to figure out where your shifting problems are coming from?".

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's funny you mention Subaru's. Ask me how I learned all this especially when it comes to unibodies :ROFLMAO:

What a disaster. Subaru forums are full of puck/spacer lifts and terrible advice and they act like rock crawlers with their 6 inches of ground clearance and .5" thick metal diff covers... Subaru's are the hipsters of the lifting world. Great for what they are - but wanna be "overlanders" trying to compensate for being smol boi's.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Every time I see a lifted Subaru I just think "ooh... that ride must suck and how many times have you replaced the valve body trying to figure out where your shifting problems are coming from?".
Nailed it! :LOL: And should definitely serve as a cautionary tale for Maverick owners. Fiddle all you want, but prepare for some consequences!

ramm440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one tremor and one xlt awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tremor with 1.5in Readylift with 1.25wheel spacers

drove 300mi out of town and it’s the dreaded CV joints shaking my truck crazily at 45mph+
Despite what a lot of people have been asking no, the tremor CVs are not better which is utter BS for a tremor edition.

In love with the truck, but it’s at a dealer 400 mi away awaiting to see if Warrant will hold or if they have a solution/upgrade to prevent this from happening. Any suggestions and glooming are welcomed!

IMG_3121.jpeg

IMG_3113.jpeg

IMG_3112.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg
I have your Mavs twin but a Lariat Tremor and would love to lift it but from experiences of others it most likely not properly designed yet or may never be?
Sponsored