Sponsored

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
This thing is dead project. never see the light of day........:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Not dead, Just on a 1 year delay, That's why they leak these pics, Just enough to keep our interest.

Reactions: Doc

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how you get a job to drive prototypes around the Country?

Dan_E26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus, 2018 Sonata SEL
Why would anyone believe the rumor that they've cancelled the Maverick? Don't they know how astronomically expensive it is to develop a new car? The fact that you're even seeing the camo'd up test mules means Ford has already sunk an unbelievable amount of money into the Maverick, there's no way they'd just say "nevermind" and cancel the whole thing. If this were all still concept drawings and 3D renders, I'd be more inclined to believe the buzz, but to believe the project is dead when there are still mules on the road as I write this is ridiculous.

Anyway, still think this thing looks so cool. They killed it on the front fascia design. Utilitarian, but not boring/appliance-ey. I think NC might be the farthest east one of these things has been spotted. Maybe I'll catch one in my neck of the woods

Sponsored

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Why would anyone believe the rumor that they've cancelled the Maverick? Don't they know how astronomically expensive it is to develop a new car? The fact that you're even seeing the camo'd up test mules means Ford has already sunk an unbelievable amount of money into the Maverick, there's no way they'd just say "nevermind" and cancel the whole thing. If this were all still concept drawings and 3D renders, I'd be more inclined to believe the buzz, but to believe the project is dead when there are still mules on the road as I write this is ridiculous.

Anyway, still think this thing looks so cool. They killed it on the front fascia design. Utilitarian, but not boring/appliance-ey. I think NC might be the farthest east one of these things has been spotted. Maybe I'll catch one in my neck of the woods
Idk but the more dead rumors, the more pictures seem to pop up, maybe this should be called the Ford Phoenix? 🤣

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Obviously you all are missing something. That photo is of a white Maverick with some camo. What is white? Ghosts. How do you get a ghost? you kill something. Ford killed the Maverick and there are now ghost trucks pulling UHaul trailers down the Blueridge Parkway.

Seriously though, I'd love to see a white one without the camo. I like the black / white contrast on the mirrors in that photo and if that is done well (black wheel arches, door handles, and other little accents) then the Maverick might look really good in white.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Obviously you all are missing something. That photo is of a white Maverick with some camo. What is white? Ghosts. How do you get a ghost? you kill something. Ford killed the Maverick and there are now ghost trucks pulling UHaul trailers down the Blueridge Parkway.

Seriously though, I'd love to see a white one without the camo. I like the black / white contrast on the mirrors in that photo and if that is done well (black wheel arches, door handles, and other little accents) then the Maverick might look really good in white.
Agreed, and I like the cleaner look with out the front hooks better too

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm not sure why I bit on that...other than my being particularly pessimistic when I heard that rumor. :) Mea culpa.

Dalta8

First Name
AG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW GTI
This seems an old photo ?
Any news about any devellopement in the project ?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This seems an old photo ?
Any news about any devellopement in the project ?
Stick around here... any news gets posted pretty quickly!
Sponsored