Sponsored

Maverick is only “small” compared to large trucks.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If I had a real need for awd would have no regrets about going that direction. But the hybrid is def next level
Exactly, there’s no wrong choice if you get what you want
Sponsored

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Outside of the f-150 I bought new in ‘05, I have never owned a full size truck. I only bought that one because I needed the bed space for my job. Previous to that I owned multiple Rangers, Couriers, and other small pickups. I just like small trucks. Little things.. Like being able to reach the glovebox from the driver seat.
I got my Maverick with the tow package, and I figure if I ever really need more room for hauling, I’ll just buy a small enclosed trailer.
Thinking about it, I like small things in general.. And I’m a big guy.
.22 firearms, mini bikes like the Honda Monkey, APSC cameras, small old cars like the Ford Falcon, of which I’ve owned a dozen, my wife is small….lol
I’m a believer in the thing only needs to be as big as it does to get the job done. So them guys out there with their bro-dozer Dodges with the decapitator side mirrors and 38” tires can laugh at my small truck all they want.

Doosenberry

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco. 77 F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, it's not the same size as a 70's Ford Courier, but it's not much bigger than my 77 F-100 single cab short bed truck. Mine's been lowered a few inches and it's still an inch or so taller than the Maverick as far as the height of the cab goes. My truck has a 4" shorter wheelbase than the Maverick as well, for reference.

Ford Maverick Maverick is only “small” compared to large trucks. l4zTiAth

I didn't take a lot of time to eyeball things when I saw this one, but my truck is definitely wider than the Maverick.

Ford Maverick Maverick is only “small” compared to large trucks. FjppKECh

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine just hauled a peleton exercise bike. Can theirs?
No worries my Maverick is handling everything that I need and I am getting awesome MPG too.
I’ll keep my little truck and be very happy.

A81240B8-21FD-4B11-85E8-CEA17650BA37.jpeg

ECB8C4AB-91F5-421B-883C-5FB8C15D18C7.jpeg
I think that is my favorite color….nice ride

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah the mav is small. I wanted it for the fuel mileage. My 350 is for towing. Here is what I weighed today.....
Ford Maverick Maverick is only “small” compared to large trucks. 20211202_090838

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP

II Kings 9:20

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, X5, Genesis AWD, Pacifica, MDX hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why would you compare a small truck to other types of vehicles when referring to its size? Are you surprised that something with a 4.5ft bed behind it's rear seats is as long/longer than a midsize SUV?
Not at all surprised. Others are very surprised when I’ve mentioned it. Two colleagues at work had The same response when I mentioned the Maverick. Both said “it’s small“ and when I pointed out to these outback and grand Cherokee drivers that it’s bigger than their vehicles, shock came across their faces. That’s what precipitated this whole thread in the first place.

I didn’t coin the term “compact” for the Maverick. I’m just pointing out that this so-called compact block of steel is bigger than many other blocks of steel that are considerably smaller and are not called compact. Irony can be so ironic sometimes. Comparing it to other vehicles is no less valid than comparing a Maverick to an F150 or a minivan to a Sprinter/Transit (in the world according to II Kings 9:20).

Last edited:

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not at all surprised. Others are very surprised when I’ve mentioned it. I didn’t coin the term “compact” for the Maverick. I’m just pointing out that this so-called compact block of steel is bigger than many other blocks of steel that are considerably smaller and are not called compact. Irony can be so ironic sometimes. Comparing it to other vehicles is no less valid than comparing a Maverick to an F150 or a minivan to a Sprinter/Transit (in the world according to II Kings 9:20).
It is a compact TRUCK not a compact car. That verbage means everything.

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is a compact TRUCK not a compact car. That verbage means everything.
My opening statement said “the Maverick is indeed a compact”. I think people may have missed that. No where have I stated that the Maverick is not a compact truck. The point here is that the maverick is not a compact vehicle when compared to other smaller vehicles that are considered midsize. When compared to an F150, the Maverick is tiny, but so is a grand Cherokee. I’ve had this conversation at length with a couple of colleagues who can’t argue that point

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, it's not the same size as a 70's Ford Courier, but it's not much bigger than my 77 F-100 single cab short bed truck. Mine's been lowered a few inches and it's still an inch or so taller than the Maverick as far as the height of the cab goes. My truck has a 4" shorter wheelbase than the Maverick as well, for reference.

l4zTiAth.jpg

I didn't take a lot of time to eyeball things when I saw this one, but my truck is definitely wider than the Maverick.

FjppKECh.jpg
That is an awesome pic

Sponsored
OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, let me show you where you are just wrong. The mav is a compact TRUCK, not a compact car.
No one in this world would argue that an 06 Ranger was not a compact truck so here are the specs compared.
CategoryRangerMavMav Difference
Wheelbase
125.9​
121.1​
-4.8​
Length
203.6​
199.7​
-3.9​
Width
69.4​
72.6​
3.2​
One thing that should be noted is that the length of the Ranger is without the rear bumper so add at least 4 inches to that.
Actually I’m right and you just confirmed it. Read the first sentence that says “the Maverick is indeed compact”. It doesn’t get any clearer than that.
My point IS NOT that the Maverick isn’t a compact truck. Just to be clear IT IS A COMPACT TRUCK as I stated in my OP. The point is that this compact truck is bigger than many other vehicles classified as midsize. I don’t even own one yet and I’m pointing out to people that it is bigger than the vehicle that they are driving as they talk about my future truck as being “so little” almost in a disparaging way.

CMFX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte Koup
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Compared to my Kia Forte coupe that I traded in for a Maverick, it’s huge, and longer than my old Crown Vic, I love the size, I don’t need something I need a ladder to get in after leg day

CMFX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte Koup
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was next to a Tacoma and I felt I was almost just as high up, people that say they’re tiny must be coming from a F350

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
I was next to a Tacoma and I felt I was almost just as high up, people that say they’re tiny must be coming from a F350
The driving position feels lower than in my Forester, so it's a no go. One of the appeals of a truck to me is a nice high perch. Mav isn't a small vehicle, but it's the smallest pickup besides the Santa Cruz.
Sponsored