First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav hybrid. 20 escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
we actually did not like the escopias on the escape hybrid on snow and ice....just mounted some blizzak ws90s on black steelies and slapped em on a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
MAVelous

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
That video is exactly why when I came to Texas for school I decided not to go back, LOL!!!

What kind of tires, stock or snow tires?
[/QUOTE
You call that snow? :)

Just kidding man, looks great and that white stuff looks all too familiar.

Signed, upstate NY

p.s. Do you put winter snows on your vehicles? On my F150, I finally had to replace the original winter snows for this coming season. 76K miles on it shared between the OEM all seasons (which I think/hope will still be good for next year) and Nokiam LT E rated snows.
Look on the bright side, you won't have to worry about getting into an accident because of snow. This is a good thing, right? Right? :eek:
Ok

OP
OP
MAVelous

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
You call that snow? :)

Just kidding man, looks great and that white stuff looks all too familiar.

Signed, upstate NY

p.s. Do you put winter snows on your vehicles? On my F150, I finally had to replace the original winter snows for this coming season. 76K miles on it shared between the OEM all seasons (which I think/hope will still be good for next year) and Nokiam LT E rated snows.
Big snow country I Syr or Buffalo....I'll put Blizzack's on for special situations ( kid, grandkid) but stick to all season stuff and as a best practice.

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
OP
OP
MAVelous

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
we actually did not like the escopias on the escape hybrid on snow and ice....just mounted some blizzak ws90s on black steelies and slapped em on a few weeks ago.
Zamboni stuff....congrats

Jonsapphire

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Now I see why a bunch of you all want AWD.
Exactly. I respect what anyone buys but someone from a different situation telling me I am crazy for buying an ECO, AWD, or the FX4 package because it’s a “waste” is annoying. We all have different environments to deal with. If I I lived in a warm climate, or city my preferences would change. My message has been get what works for you without judging others in what they want or need.
Everyone should enjoy their great small truck and be happy. I am.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Texan here...I don't do snow much. Last year when we had snow my FWD focus was just fine. I just allowed plenty of room to brake. 👍

That said, I imagine the Mavericks light weight, compared to other trucks, is an advantage.

P.S. all you who make fun of southerners for shutting down when there's winter weather....#1. most of the time, we don't get snow, we get SLEET and ICE. No one is a good driver in ice. Especially when it's randomly placed. #2. We don't have salt/sand trucks. Snowed roads stay snowed and without grit to aide in traction until it melts.

Sincerely,
All Southern Drivers

Reactions: Aza
OP
OP
MAVelous

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
Exactly. I respect what anyone buys but someone from a different situation telling me I am crazy for buying an ECO, AWD, or the FX4 package because it’s a “waste” is annoying. We all have different environments to deal with. If I I lived in a warm climate, or city my preferences would change. My message has been get what works for you without judging others in what they want or need.
Everyone should enjoy their great small truck and be happy. I am.
CHURCH...
Ford Maverick Maverick is a SNOW MACHINE!!!! [Watch] IMG_20200525_064517

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Texan here...I don't do snow much. Last year when we had snow my FWD focus was just fine. I just allowed plenty of room to brake. 👍

That said, I imagine the Mavericks light weight, compared to other trucks, is an advantage.

P.S. all you who make fun of southerners for shutting down when there's winter weather....#1. most of the time, we don't get snow, we get SLEET and ICE. No one is a good driver in ice. Especially when it's randomly placed. #2. We don't have salt/sand trucks. Snowed roads stay snowed and without grit to aide in traction until it melts.

Sincerely,
All Southern Drivers

Being originally from Michigan I agree with you totally. I can drive on the ice BUT, I don't unless it is necessary down here because other people who don't know how will get in an accident with me. I can't recall the number of times I have seen someone going too fast for conditions and hit a patch of ice and spin out. Then they over correct, "Game Over!"

OP
OP
MAVelous

MAVelous

First Name
Phin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
Where you using the slippery mode?​
Yes, Slippery Mode was engaged (corrected) I thought the button was an illuminated type but NOT on XL. Buttons been on for weeks! Ha...
Sponsored