Sponsored

Maverick Interior size speculation

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Generally, folks expect the Maverick to be about 2ft shorter than a Ranger. Having owned the Ranger, I'm trying to figure out where they're going to cut the 2 ft from? If it's a crew cab only, I can see the interior being significantly smaller or there being almost no bed.

Anyone care to speculate based on spy photos how this truck might feel on the inside, especially in the back seat? The front end doesn't look much shorter...
Sponsored

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
If you look at the below photos it looks like it is basically a Bronco Sport C Pilar forward. The interior shots it looks like a hybrid of Bronco Sport & Escape interior. If you look at the bare metal body I think the bed is where the space is sacrificed. Think more Jeep Gladiator bed use. If items are larger multiple ways to use the bed notches & tailgate. This is a carry a mountain bike, get mulch from Lowe’s, buy your wife’s new coffee table type truck bed use.

Ford Maverick Maverick Interior size speculation 9DEC3EA1-2A91-494C-AA31-BDF3A9435A02

OP
OP

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
If you look at the below photos it looks like it is basically a Bronco Sport C Pilar forward. The interior shots it looks like a hybrid of Bronco Sport & Escape interior. If you look at the bare metal body I think the bed is where the space is sacrificed. Think more Jeep Gladiator bed use. If items are larger multiple ways to use the bed notches & tailgate. This is a carry a mountain bike, get mulch from Lowe’s, buy your wife’s new coffee table type truck bed use.

9DEC3EA1-2A91-494C-AA31-BDF3A9435A02.jpeg
This is helpful. Thank you!

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
That's about all I use my Ranger for. haha I suppose I did help my brother move once, so that loaded up the bed and towed about 5500lbs, but other than that the bed has mostly held my fatbike, and occasional home improvement items and we've towed our teardrop. Not something as easily done with a small SUV or Crossover like the Bronco Sport (or my previous Subaru Crosstrek), but I also don't need a bunch of towing/hauling capacity either. This is why I'm so interested in this "little" truck.
Same here. Just the normal stuff most people do with their truck regardless of the size. Id say its a smaller % that actually use their beds daily [except for commercial of course]. I see this being big with the overlander crowd as well. Its a growing market & not so niche anymore.

Sponsored

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
If they did something clever like an integrated bed extender that would help mitigate the short bed.
I remember Nissan offered one years ago...is that still a thing? I think people used it effectively then.

The rear cargo area of the Bronco Sport looks like maybe half of what the bed may be...
Ford Maverick Maverick Interior size speculation overlay.JPG

The spy shots of the bed do seem small though, but nothing to really reference it either...
Ford Maverick Maverick Interior size speculation barebed.JPG

The tailgate will have to use some sort of function like the Jeep Gladiator bed/tailgate...
Ford Maverick Maverick Interior size speculation jeepbed.JPG

Reactions: Doc

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I remember Nissan offered one years ago...is that still a thing? I think people used it effectively then.

The rear cargo area of the Bronco Sport looks like maybe half of what the bed may be...
Ford Maverick Maverick Interior size speculation {filename}

The spy shots of the bed do seem small though, but nothing to really reference it either...

The tailgate will have to use some sort of function like the Jeep Gladiator bed/tailgate...
What would be nice is if they put a tailgate on it similar to the Honda Ridgeline where the tailgate can either open down or to the side (like station wagons did in days gone by)
Ford Maverick Maverick Interior size speculation 2E6608D6-A28C-434C-AAE2-422632D13385

Last edited:

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
What would be nice is if they put a tailgate on it similar to the Honda Ridgeline where the tailgate can either open down or to the side (like station wagons did in days gone by)
I'm thinking since the beltline is so much lower than most trucks & the bed depth is shallow they probably wont. Also doesn't the Ridgeline have an under floor access compartment so the swing gate makes sense for the access. I bet if they ever do decide to come out with a Bronco Truck it will have one to keep with the styling. Then again you never know what these guys will do.

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bronco Sport:

W: 74.3
H: 71.4. (AWD)
WB: 105.1
L: 172.7

From the photos above the Maverick looks to have a wheelbase that is ~14" longer (assuming 17" wheels), with a overall length that is 24" longer:

I'm also guessing the Maverick will be slightly wider because of the boxy design and wide wheel wells:

W: 75"
H: ~72"
WB: 119"
L: 198"

That's about the same length as a 1990's era Tacoma extended cab.

2008 Ford Ranger Supercab:
Width: 69.4"
Height: 67.7"
Wheelbase: 125.9"
Length: 203.6

So, wider, taller, slightly smaller wheelbase and 6" less length than the old Ranger supercab. About right.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Bronco Sport:

W: 74.3
H: 71.4. (AWD)
WB: 105.1
L: 172.7

From the photos above the Maverick looks to have a wheelbase that is ~14" longer (assuming 17" wheels), with a overall length that is 24" longer:

I'm also guessing the Maverick will be slightly wider because of the boxy design and wide wheel wells:

W: 75"
H: ~72"
WB: 119"
L: 198"

That's about the same length as a 1990's era Tacoma extended cab.

2008 Ford Ranger Supercab:
Width: 69.4"
Height: 67.7"
Wheelbase: 125.9"
Length: 203.6

So, wider, taller, slightly smaller wheelbase and 6" less length than the old Ranger supercab. About right.
That's some nice arithmeticing there. Those dimensions work for me & my needs. Need to go sit in an Escape/Bronco Sport now. As long as Ford doesn't screw it up it has to be a hit. Id say so far they are doing well.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those dimensions would certainly mean a very small bed... Subaru Baja? Hope its a little bigger than that.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Likely wider than it is long, yes. But the storage area on a Bronco Sport is 22" deep, not enough for a cooler let alone gear. The days of an 8' bed are gone.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm thinking since the beltline is so much lower than most trucks & the bed depth is shallow they probably wont. Also doesn't the Ridgeline have an under floor access compartment so the swing gate makes sense for the access. I bet if they ever do decide to come out with a Bronco Truck it will have one to keep with the styling. Then again you never know what these guys will do.
Yes, the Ridgeline has a huge under bed compartment that can double as a cooler for tailgate parties. It also has a shelf in the top for the spare & jack which is pretty clever and convenient. It would actually make sense for the Maverick as well considering the independent rear suspension.
There are a lot of reasons I don’t like my 2019 Ridgeline, but the compartment is one thing that I love.
Sponsored