2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
118 yesterday in Phoenix-

After putting a few thousand miles on the hybrid, I've realized that it's easy to over heat the re-gen system when temps go over 115 degrees...

Seems like it stops charging, then no more electric drive-

On the bright side, it "resets" after shutting down/cooling off for a few minutes, then starts working again...
Sponsored

flynomore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F350, '15 Mazda 6,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did? WTF?

Why tf would they do such a stupid thing? Can you add it at all? Are they going the Toyota route and charging a subscription for remote start even from the key fob?
I have remote start on the fob in my '23 Lariat.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't drive my hybrid enough, so it goes into deep sleep mode every so often. Being an old fart, I just reach into my pocket and hit the unlock button on the key fob when grabbing the door handle does not work.
If u have a Keypad u can get in using that instead of reaching 4 your keys that's what I do when it's in deep sleep...

Sponsored

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If u have a Keypad u can get in using that instead of reaching 4 your keys that's what I do when it's in deep sleep...
Thanks. I don't think of it .... I traded my 2018 F150 for the Mav, which had the keypad also, but never used it. But your suggestion will be a good reminder for me in the future.

23MAVLariatAWD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RECEIVED '23 Hybrid Lariat Mav Oxford White BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I don't think of it .... I traded my 2018 F150 for the Mav, which had the keypad also, but never used it. But your suggestion will be a good reminder for me in the future.
👍

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have remote start on the fob in my '23 Lariat.
one or two fobs? It's been a long time but I seem to remember the salesman saying I'd only get one. so, I opted for the $170 upgrade for two.

flynomore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F350, '15 Mazda 6,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
one or two fobs? It's been a long time but I seem to remember the salesman saying I'd only get one. so, I opted for the $170 upgrade for two.
I have 2 key fobs both with remote start. And yes I did opt for the $170 upgrade.

Sponsored

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But it's a dry heat lol

I'm seriously considering a career change and moving to the SW. I've been in FL now for about 9 years in total. The summers are miserable. And its too crowded. I'll take 110° temps with 20% humidity over 98° temps and 70% humidity any day.

I've yet to get ceramic tint on my Mav but I do have reflective windshield and front side window sun shades. It makes a huge difference when I have to park outside at work. They are Sunshield brand. Spendy but are well make and fit great.

I also installed a Start-X remote starter on my XLT hybrid. Push the lock-unlock-lock buttons and a few seconds later it starts up. It's super easy to install and works great. I can't have my phone at work (it's a SCIF) so no FordPass.
I agree..

FunctionSpec

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick HYBRID XLT LuxPkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Driving home in the new Maverick from Long McArthur Kansas to California. Passing through Baker, CA 121 degrees. Stayed nice and cool inside 😊
20230715_151936.jpg
121 degrees!!? 😳 Should have taken a picture with Baker's World's Tallest Thermometer 😆

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
118 yesterday in Phoenix-

After putting a few thousand miles on the hybrid, I've realized that it's easy to over heat the re-gen system when temps go over 115 degrees...

Seems like it stops charging, then no more electric drive-

On the bright side, it "resets" after shutting down/cooling off for a few minutes, then starts working again...
I believe from what's been posted that when the internal temp of HVB reaches 113°F weather it's actually that or higher, at some point, the battery is shut down. I recall reading somewhere that the HVB coolant loop passes through a thermal xchanger which is chilled by the ACC compressor when needed. Also at some internal ecvt temperature the field coils will have to be shut down due to increased oil temp, I expect HVB temp cutoff will happen sooner. The ecvt oil also is looped through an external thermal exchanger (per John at Weber State video).

Vaportrail

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe from what's been posted that when the internal temp of HVB reaches 113°F weather it's actually that or higher, at some point, the battery is shut down. I recall reading somewhere that the HVB coolant loop passes through a thermal xchanger which is chilled by the ACC compressor when needed. Also at some internal ecvt temperature the field coils will have to be shut down due to increased oil temp, I expect HVB temp cutoff will happen sooner. The ecvt oil also is looped through an external thermal exchanger (per John at Weber State video).
I like watching John in those Webber Auto videos-

Man, I'm cooking that eCVT oil...

The millwright in me says worry more about eCVT oil change interval, than engine oil.

I did an early engine oil filter, drain and fill. I don't like leaving the factory break in oil in there, but plan on using the onboard analysing for the next drain and fill-
Might change the filter and top off midway through the cycle...

But with me repeatedly overheating the re-gen function, not sure how quickly I should worry about changing the eCVT oil???
Sponsored