Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got roped into seeing Santa at the aquarium today. That’s my Mav at about the 930 mark on the right. We came out at about 1120 and the water was nearly in the truck. Based on the video and time, the pass of the truck was at about 1045. Terrible decision to have gone out in this but the Mav handled it all like a champ. Got dicey in several places and badly needs washed. Glad we got out when we did because another 15 mins later we would have been in trouble.
*fully aware it isn’t made for this and realize the risk of what we did. Not here to get berated but to complement the truck and it’s ability today*

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep flooding is no joke! I would consider pulling your felts down and cleaning underneath.

OP
OP

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Brianx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Eco Boost XL Cactus Gray, tow bar, Co-Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
felts in the wheel wells?
there's felt along the whole bottom. i'm not thrilled with that, seems kinda delicate, good soundproofing but hard shell over it would be nice

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

felts in the wheel wells?
I was thinking more of the underbelly felt pieces. I could see them holding some debris since they are kind of in a tray like shape.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was thinking more of the underbelly felt pieces. I could see them holding some debris since they are kind of in a tray like shape.
Oof. Good call. Definitely wouldn’t have thought of that. I’ll get the truck washed today and will undo it when I get home. Thanks for the advice

Octantis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

From the owners manual.

Water If you must drive though deep water, drive slowly. The water could limit traction or brake capability. See Driving Through Shallow Water (page 280). When driving though water, determine the depth and avoid water higher than the center of the wheel. Once through water, always try the brakes. Wet brakes do not stop your vehicle as quickly as dry brakes. Apply light pressure to the brake pedal while slowly moving the vehicle to dry the brakes. Note: Driving through deep water could cause damage to the transmission. If the front or rear axle is submerged in water, have the axle lubricant and power transfer unit lubricant checked and changed if necessary.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oof. Good call. Definitely wouldn’t have thought of that. I’ll get the truck washed today and will undo it when I get home. Thanks for the advice
At the very least pop a few of the fasteners and take a peek with a flashlight. If you do take em off. It would be good time to look at those waxoil and such spray treatments everyone on here talks about for rust protection.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same storm here now. We currently have flood warnings posted throughout the state. Again. Tons on rain, record high temps, in the 60's but the huge snowmelt is the major culprit. We are up above 2500 feet so high and dry and the Maverick and Jeep are safe all cuddled up in the garage.

This should have all be 3 feet of snow instead of friggin' 3 inches of rain. I would be snowmobiling tomorrow if it was. Shit weather. :cry:

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At the very least pop a few of the fasteners and take a peek with a flashlight. If you do take em off. It would be good time to look at those waxoil and such spray treatments everyone on here talks about for rust protection.
He's in SC, but in Charleston that's close enough to the Atlantic for salt air concerns, no?
Shane, do you have to worry about salt air living in Hawaii or are you far enough inland that it's no concern whatsoever?

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

He's in SC, but in Charleston that's close enough to the Atlantic for salt air concerns, no?
Shane, do you have to worry about salt air living in Hawaii or are you far enough inland that it's no concern whatsoever?
I was even wondering if the flood water itself had high salt content. Storm will do it for sure. Just flooding from rain might not be as bad. I may not care in an old vehicle but anything I'm making payments on I'm gonna want to make sure it's clean after going through much water.

The whole island gets the salt air. Some parts are worse like Hana and Wailuku because the winds blow straight off the ocean on to land. On the south sides Kihei and Lahaina(which burned) are almost like a desert. Hot dry and only having natural green areas near the streams. Those cars fare better but as soon as you drive anywhere or go near the beach you get it more. I'm up a little in elevation 300ft plus so the heaviest salt wind doesn't hit us but the moisture in our area is very corrosive. I've been doing the ceramic wipe on after every wash and we wash it at least every 3 weeks if not every week. I'm also re doing our solar and water systems around our carport. We plan on being able to wash the truck right there and the 2021 EcoSport(mother inlaw) and 2017 Grand Cherokee(sister inlaw) that are on the property as often as possible. We are also looking at getting it professionally ceramic coated this spring and will get into pulling down all the underbody protection and spraying something under there at that time. I figure after 6 month on the island we should be able to tell what is getting wet and dirty under there by then.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was even wondering if the flood water itself had high salt content. Storm will do it for sure. Just flooding from rain might not be as bad. I may not care in an old vehicle but anything I'm making payments on I'm gonna want to make sure it's clean after going through much water.

The whole island gets the salt air. Some parts are worse like Hana and Wailuku because the winds blow straight off the ocean on to land. On the south sides Kihei and Lahaina(which burned) are almost like a desert. Hot dry and only having natural green areas near the streams. Those cars fare better but as soon as you drive anywhere or go near the beach you get it more. I'm up a little in elevation 300ft plus so the heaviest salt wind doesn't hit us but the moisture in our area is very corrosive. I've been doing the ceramic wipe on after every wash and we wash it at least every 3 weeks if not every week. I'm also re doing our solar and water systems around our carport. We plan on being able to wash the truck right there and the 2021 EcoSport(mother inlaw) and 2017 Grand Cherokee(sister inlaw) that are on the property as often as possible. We are also looking at getting it professionally ceramic coated this spring and will get into pulling down all the underbody protection and spraying something under there at that time. I figure after 6 month on the island we should be able to tell what is getting wet and dirty under there by then.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing those details.

When I lived in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, along the Sea of Cortez we had very corrosive salt air despite living a good mile from the beach (it would eat up outdoor lighting, our grills, our patio heaters, etc...). Now in Álamos, I'm a good 1 1/4 hours from the Sea of Cortez and at about 2000' of elevation at my house (I sit in a high part of the pueblo), surrounded by a few peaks that reach 5500' too, so no salt concerns here. In Arizona, it's not a concern at all.
Sponsored