TerryWalker

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Ford Maverick Enthusiasts,

I have read with interest the comments made by many of you that have ordered and received a BRAND NEW Ford Maverick. I value these comments very much. Some of you have "vented" frustration, which is understandable and, at this point in time, predictable for the June-July order pathfinders. Many of you have weighed in on what accessories are functional, and some which can be described as "eye wash." I especially thank the guys that have explained the order to delivery process, and the capable mechanics that have given jack-leg mechanics like myself pointers for installation and minor repair.

A few days ago an individual vented frustration about the delivery process and today apologized to us via this forum. I wanted to respond - like many of you have - that he hasn't really offended anyone, and I think his apology is a reflection of his character. I wanted to respond via the reply portion of his posting but for some reason I can't retrieve it, so I am writing this as a new post and trust he is able to read it.

Ah Chez, I'll return to my month long search for the answer to a commonly viewed question some of you may have viewed. It is displayed aperiodically between postings on this site - "Why are there two small holes in the metal portion of an electrical cord??"

Smooth Winds and Following Seas to Each of You,

Terry
Sponsored

Stumblios

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2023 ford bronco sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The answer is they are there as locking point in systems that have a plunge lock in them. These I've seen.
It has also been suggested to me that it has to do with the way electrical current flows and the gap "may" help with connecting flow. I dont know about this one its beyond me.
But the locking mechanism I've seen many times.
Sponsored