First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Corvette, '13 Escape, '22 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just added some 2X to some of the pockets in the bed. I found out that the ones on top of the wheel wells will handle a 2X6 cut to 46 inches long and when I measured from the raised rib of the floor to the top plane of the 2X6, the distance I got is seven inches. I then cut a pair of 2X4 pieces 54 inches long. I added a 1X1 notch to each end of one and they stacked up in the pockets near the accessory covers to align with the top of the 2X6. Moved the tailgate attachment cables to the top pins and it all lined within a quarter inch in the horizontal plane. I'm pretty happy with that. Just need to be a little creative with how I strap things down and I feel it will be a plenty secure system when trips are made to the lumber yard.
Ford Maverick Maverick FLEXBED Features & Specs Set up to haul long stuff

Anne in NC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Frontier; 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on the pictures that I have seen the Bed is already Black plastic material, unless I am missing something? If that is the case why do you need anything else?
That's the drop in liner

Jkeev

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What would be the best way to DIY a platform bed/floor? I have no building skills but three 2x4s laid flat with two piece of ply wood measured, cut, and drilled into the 2x4s seems simple enough (2x4s laid as shown in picture). Would this method support 150-200lbs of gear? Or would I need to add supports in the middle?

Ford Maverick Maverick FLEXBED Features & Specs FE69CF92-A630-4DC7-AE0B-9407DB818414
Sponsored