First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you pay cash on a car, when you can get 36 months zero interest? Put that money somewhere where it can build compound interest. Let that money make you money.
Absolutely right, take it to Vegas and double it ;)
Sponsored

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can run your own credit report for all 3 major agencies (and at least 2 minor ones - one deals with utility reporting, I think the other is strictly medical reporting) for free right now (beyond the ususal 1 time per year. As COVID winds down, it may revert back to just once a year here shortly.
Cool. Which site can I use to see that?

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I definitely meet all these criteria.
What exactly does tier 1-4 represent?
What is the Flex-Buy 66 months?
Flex Buy
Flex Buy is a Ford Credit-exclusive payment structure focused on providing lower payments for the first three years when compared with a standard retail contract.

Financing That Fits Your Budget
Flex Buy is offered with 66- or 75-month terms. Your first 36 months of payments are discounted by 15% or 18%, while higher later payments allow for your full balance to be satisfied.

The Benefits
  • No mileage limitations
  • Freedom to customize your vehicle
  • Lower payments for the first three years
  • Build equity with each payment
  • Two term choices
  • Two payment discount choices
Flex Buy is unavailable in Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder what the interest will be on 60 or 72 months. I'm tier 1
My thoughts exactly. I've worked hard over the last year to get my credit score up because I knew I would be in the market for a new vehicle. So, I'm around 760, but I anticipate that going higher before my Maverick is at the dealership. Will be interesting how this all plays out. However, as others have said, the money guy at the dealership is always going to find a way to get someone in a car, even if they can't afford it.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Flex Buy
Flex Buy is a Ford Credit-exclusive payment structure focused on providing lower payments for the first three years when compared with a standard retail contract.

Financing That Fits Your Budget
Flex Buy is offered with 66- or 75-month terms. Your first 36 months of payments are discounted by 15% or 18%, while higher later payments allow for your full balance to be satisfied.

The Benefits
  • No mileage limitations
  • Freedom to customize your vehicle
  • Lower payments for the first three years
  • Build equity with each payment
  • Two term choices
  • Two payment discount choices
Flex Buy is unavailable in Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Yikes. That's kinda scammy.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a repossession many years ago. I wonder if it will show up on my credit report?
If it was more than 7 yrs ago. It's should have fallen off your reports. Pull your credit and check.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the Flex-Buy 66 months?
Flex Buy is your first 36 months of payments are reduced by 15% and the value is shifted to the remaining 30 months. You pay a little bit more overall than a 60 month loan, but less monthly especially the first three years. Not a bad deal if you plan on financing a Ford ESP or expect to be making more in 3 years you can take the extra payments.

The math on it is a bit funky but Ford has it over on their payment calculator.

Sponsored

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
The 60 month interest rate at 1.9% will end on 10/4 my truck won’t be delivered by then

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool. Which site can I use to see that?
I use https://www.experian.com/. You can pull all three credit reports and scores. Just cancel after you pull them. I normally get it free for a month.
Cancel before they charge and hit it again the following month.lol

You have different scoring models. I'm not totally sure which one Ford uses. Could be just FICO 8. I believe I read they pull TransUnion.