Sponsored

Maverick Deposit (Can it be refunded at any time?)

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just like the title says, if you put down a deposit on the Maverick and decide not to wait any longer, is it possible to get your money back after any period of time? I only say this because I'm worried about timing. The scheduling has been a huge mess from the get go and I'm deciding that if I don't get a schedule for production within the next month or a delivery before April, I was thinking about getting my money back. My family and I are planning on moving up north and I need an AWD vehicle by the summer of next year. If the Maverick doesn't show in time, I may have to get something else. I'm worried that if I go that route, the dealer won't allow me to take my money back since it'll be too late at that point. I'm afraid the dealer will be sitting on my money and won't allow me to get it back if I so choose. I'll be too far through the ordering process and have to stick with it. I may be thinking too deep into this but I want to make sure that I can get my money back if I decide to do that so I can use it on another vehicle. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this but I may have to if that's the case.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just like the title says, if you put down a deposit on the Maverick and decide not to wait any longer, is it possible to get your money back after any period of time? I only say this because I'm worried about timing. The scheduling has been a huge mess from the get go and I'm deciding that if I don't get a schedule for production within the next month or a delivery before April, I was thinking about getting my money back. My family and I are planning on moving up north and I need an AWD vehicle by the summer of next year. If the Maverick doesn't show in time, I may have to get something else. I'm worried that if I go that route, the dealer won't allow me to take my money back since it'll be too late at that point. I'm afraid the dealer will be sitting on my money and won't allow me to get it back if I so choose. I'll be too far through the ordering process and have to stick with it. I may be thinking too deep into this but I want to make sure that I can get my money back if I decide to do that so I can use it on another vehicle. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this but I may have to if that's the case.
First read the fine print on your receipt for your deposit from the dealer and secondly FORD DOESN'T REQUIRE A DEPOSIT FOR THE MAVERICK

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First read the fine print on your receipt for your deposit from the dealer and secondly FORD DOESN'T REQUIRE A DEPOSIT FOR THE MAVERICK
Also did you bother to call your dealer and tell him you've decided you don't want to wait for the Maverick and ask for for your deposit back❓

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford definitely doesn't require a deposit for the Maverick.

Some dealers are requiring a non-refundable deposit - Granger is one of them, but I think for the high volume dealers it is part of them having to evidence to Ford that their orders are legitimately from unique customers and not part of trying to get additional inventory to sell.

If you're not sure whether yours is refundable, you should already be on the phone calling them to find out.

bscarpenter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. XL Hybrid, 360, manual slider,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No deposit required! However, depending on how shady your dealer is, The way these are selling they will likely welcome the opportunity to mark up your truck by 5-10k and sell it if the lot

OP
OP
MightyMaverick

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also did you bother to call your dealer and tell him you've decided you don't want to wait for the Maverick and ask for for your deposit back❓
I haven't yet because I still want to wait it out. I don't want to get a refund because I really want this truck but if it doesn't come in good time then I'll have to try to get a refund. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't yet because I still want to wait it out. I don't want to get a refund because I really want this truck but if it doesn't come in good time then I'll have to try to get a refund. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to this.
I would still call him just to ask if there was gonna be a problem if you change your mind, That way you won't keep losing sleep over your decision making😴

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, deposits are up to the dealers -- so that's who you have to ask.

I had to put down a deposit on my order, but I'm also getting it for under MSRP so I wasn't about to start complaining when they asked.

Sponsored

Scott440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
NE Ohio where I get no respect from some dealers..
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, deposits are up to the dealers -- so that's who you have to ask.

I had to put down a deposit on my order, but I'm also getting it for under MSRP so I wasn't about to start complaining when they asked.
I had my dealer put the deposit was refundable in writing before I ordered....no way I would have ordered if they said it was not.

CRICH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type r , 2017 Range ROVER HSE
what specs are on your vehicle? another suggestion is see if someone else can take over your order . someone may be willing to give you back your deposit to take your slot

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

what specs are on your vehicle? another suggestion is see if someone else can take over your order . someone may be willing to give you back your deposit to take your slot
As dealers can sell ANY Maverick for thousands over MSRP they will gladly give back your deposit so they can have a "stock unit" to mark up to someone willing to pay 5 grand over MSRP. At some point in the future if they cant sell it ( no chance of that for a while ) then they may balk at returning a deposit. It is all what benefits them for profit as well as legally.

CRICH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic type r , 2017 Range ROVER HSE
As dealers can sell ANY Maverick for thousands over MSRP they will gladly give back your deposit so they can have a "stock unit" to mark up to someone willing to pay 5 grand over MSRP. At some point in the future if they cant sell it ( no chance of that for a while ) then they may balk at returning a deposit. It is all what benefits them for profit as well as legally.
Depends on the specs. I’m noticing there are a few xl awd just sitting on the lot. The dealer hasn’t been able to move them. Also noticing 36-38k lariats are available as well. Seems that most didn’t want a 40k maverick.
Sponsored