C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After living with both for a couple of months, I’m selling our hybrid Maverick because we decided the EB AWD works better for us.

Carmax gave the highest offer over Carvana, driveway.com, etc.

Here‘s the interesting part. Carmax appraiser told me I might do better at an independent Ford dealer. I called the place where we bought the EB and they were not interested In an outright purchase.

Salesman I talked to said they have 3 pre-owned on their lot right now and 2 more prepping for sale. All are trade-ins on 2024s.

New inventory arriving regular basis, always have at least 1 declined Maverick order for sale at msrp and buyers are no longer willing to pay premiums for pre-owned Mavericks.

Hybrid going to Carmax tomorrow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the factors that drives EV sales, gasoline. Dropped 16c per gal here this week, crude down to $74bbl today.
Gas goes back up they'll vanish from the lots.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, what region and what numbers, if you don't mind sharing. Just curious.

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glen Arm MD 21057. Carmax $25,500, Carvana $24,777 and driveway.com $22,500. They were the high 3.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the factors that drives EV sales, gasoline. Dropped 16c per gal here this week, crude down to $74bbl today.
Yes, but the Mav hybrids are developing a reputation and it's not a great one.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems to be highly regional. Here’s another data point.
I traded in my ‘23 XLT hybrid ($27.1K MSRP) for the ‘24 XLT Hybrid (ordered a year and a half ago) last week. Carvana offered $29k, Carmax $28k. Autonation came up on their initial offer a few rounds of back and forth to about the middle of those by the time I got my tax credit (Texas). So it’s not all doom and gloom just yet.

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those places like Carvana are tanking fast. Vroom announced last month they are halting the purchasing of used vehicles (gee, wonder why...).

Carmax actually aint bad. It's where I bought my Maverick from, and while they are not negotiable on trade in values, they will negotiate on sale price (and trust me they want to sell quickly). I know they change the oil and actually top off fluids and such too. Some reports on reddit from mechanics that work there show they sort of give a shhh about what they sell (at least, a lot more than most places do).

The problem is their rates, especially currently. I paid in full for my Maverick, but for shhh's and giggles I asked what their rate was and it was insane! TBF, even my best rates were insane and I'd never buy a vehicle with that much interest.

Yes, but the Mav hybrids are developing a reputation and it's not a great one.
This. There are 3 used low mileage ones across a couple lots where I live in MT. Nobody wants them. One, because they are FWD trucks but two, the asking price and the known issues. They have been sitting there for months now. If they get an AWD ecoboost (I've only seen one being sold used), it's gone in a week or two. WA and ID gets them occasionally too and it's the same. They recently had a Tremor and it was only listed online for 4 days lol.

Last edited:

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just checked my '22 Hybrid Lariat Lux (22,000 miles) on Carvana and the offer in Central MO was $26,200. I don't get this "reputation" BS, because I really like my truck and have had no issues other than the couple recalls. People that aren't happy complain way, way, way more than those that are happy with their vehicles making it look way worse than it is. If the reputation was that bad, there wouldn't still be 20K in unscheduled retail orders waiting to be built. Marketing 101 will teach you that.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those places like Carvana are tanking fast. Vroom announced last month they are halting the purchasing of used vehicles (gee, wonder why...).

Carmax actually aint bad. It's where I bought my Maverick from, and while they are not negotiable on trade in values, they will negotiate on sale price (and trust me they want to sell quickly). I know they change the oil and actually top off fluids and such too. Some reports on reddit from mechanics that work there show they sort of give a shhh about what they sell (at least, a lot more than most places do).

The problem is their rates, especially currently. I paid in full for my Maverick, but for shhh's and giggles I asked what their rate was and it was insane! TBF, even my best rates were insane and I'd never buy a vehicle with that much interest.

This. There are 3 used low mileage ones across a couple lots where I live in MT. Nobody wants them. One, because they are FWD trucks but two, the asking price and the known issues. They have been sitting there for months now. If they get an AWD ecoboost (I've only seen one being sold used), it's gone in a week or two. WA and ID gets them occasionally too and it's the same. They recently had a Tremor and it was only listed online for 4 days lol.
This also varies with location. Hybrids are still highly desirable here in the big cities. My ‘23 that I traded was only listed on the dealers website at $30.5k for like 3 days before it was gone last week. That’s still $3k over MSRP for a used truck.

Last edited:

TOMCATFIGHTER

First Name
DitchPickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid but maybe AWD Soon
Engine
Undecided

Hybrids sell pretty quick here.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know I always buy a different vehicle and pay taxes and transfer fees when my fuel costs go up by $3 a week! I joke but there are plenty people who think that way. To justify their desire for a different vehicle that doesn't smell like all the farts they ripped in their old one.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your dealer has 5 on the lot because of their insane mark up. Do a few k's less than what they are charging and sell it privately.

Swede.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-24 XLT, FX4, 4K, 'Terrain'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It seems the prices are very regional. When I saw my truck arrived at the dealer it was instantly listed for sale... which apparently is a thing Ford requires them to do (something about inventory it sounded like) and they had it at a $6000 markup! I asked the sales guy, Rick, and he said it would sell super fast still!
That's been going on ever since the Maverick was introduced and is the reason why I 'custom' ordered mine. NOT gonna pay that markup!
Second hand prices seems high AF still too, and I haven't really looked at hybrid issues and prices since it was never really and combo that interested me.
Sponsored