Reaction score
Website
www.radmav.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT FX4, '06 Focus ZX3, '04 Focus SVT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are two sets of OEM wheels that came on the Mustang Mach-e that I think would look really cool on my Maverick. I like the 19" wheel design more, but I'm not sure 19" is a large enough diameter for a lowered Maverick to look right.

Here are the 19" Mach-e wheels I'm considering:

Ford Maverick Mach-e Wheels | Which ones? s-l1600 (2)

The other set I'm considering are the 20" Mach-e GT Wheels. I think the diameter is much more appropriate, and I like the design.

Ford Maverick Mach-e Wheels | Which ones? s-l1600 (1)

Here's my 2nd concept rendering of my Mav with the GT Wheels:

Ford Maverick Mach-e Wheels | Which ones? RadMav Concept 002

Anyone have photos of a lowered Maverick with 19's with tires that have a flat sidewall like the Firestone Indy 500's? Or pics of a lowered Maverick on 20's?

Which would you choose?

TIA
Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll let you know what a lowered Mav on 19's looks like in a few days. Got my wheels back from powder coating Friday, truck should arrive to my dealership this week.

Ford Maverick Mach-e Wheels | Which ones? 20221216_101757

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 20's as a stand alone pic aren't that appealing to me, but I like them on the render. I would be curious to see the 19's in a render too

Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Economically, 20's are a much better choice. The 19" tire selections are pretty sparse and priced much higher compared to 20's or 18's. I only chose the 19's because I have always loved the wheel design AND they fit. I honestly wish they were 20's but don't mind the added sidewall height... at least for ride comfort.

Go with 20's, you wont regret it.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After doing the rendering with the 19's, I think I like the 20's better.
I think I am with you on that. Should be unique and pretty bad ass

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a fan of the 20" wheel design

Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was looking at the offsets and realized the Mach-E has more offset. Has anyone mounted these already? If so, did you use spacers? If you didn't use spacers, then did you have any interference issues? I think both look great.

OP
OP
RadMav

RadMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.radmav.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT FX4, '06 Focus ZX3, '04 Focus SVT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bolted my 19's on my temporary Maverick. I think the wheel/tire diameter will look good with my lowered hybrid when I gets here.

20221222_113852.jpg
Those look really good on there. It's a very OEM+ look. I think twenties are going to be the way for me for the look that I'm going for. Thanks for sharing the photo!

xl2023

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Toyota Yaris
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jumping in this thread. I got a set of the standard Y-design Mach-e 18" wheels. They look like this. I think the color is going to look nice with the catcus grey. Was looking for something cheap that was an improvement to the steelies, and managed to get these for $800, hardly used with tpms installed.

I have never swapped wheeles before, so not exactly sure what I am doing, but I think I can just take the old ones off and put these on. Planning to do it myself. I've heard the tpms will program itself.

I was a little worried about the sizing and offset but asked around these forums and people said there would be plenty of space. They are 18 inch diameter, width of 7 inch and an offset of 47.5MM. Tires size is 225/60/18.

Only thing I am not sure about are the lugs. I think I an just use the lugs from the steelies.

Ford Maverick Mach-e Wheels | Which ones? 1672107952696

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Jumping in this thread. I got a set of the standard Y-design Mach-e 18" wheels. They look like this. I think the color is going to look nice with the catcus grey. Was looking for something cheap that was an improvement to the steelies, and managed to get these for $800, hardly used with tpms installed.

I have never swapped wheeles before, so not exactly sure what I am doing, but I think I can just take the old ones off and put these on. Planning to do it myself. I've heard the tpms will program itself.

I was a little worried about the sizing and offset but asked around these forums and people said there would be plenty of space. They are 18 inch diameter, width of 7 inch and an offset of 47.5MM. Tires size is 225/60/18.

Only thing I am not sure about are the lugs. I think I an just use the lugs from the steelies.

1672107952696.png
I would recommend an acorn style lug nut. The stock XL lugs are open-ended (kind of ugly) and I don't feel they have enough thread surface to properly grab the stud.

An M14 x 1.5 x 1.90" is what I used, but if you can find a 1.25" I think it would look better as it would suck in a little tighter. Of course, that also depends on the mounting surface and depth of the wheel.

Don't be in a hurry, fit one up, measure carefully and order the right lug nuts.

Ford Maverick Mach-e Wheels | Which ones? 20221222_140826

xl2023

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Toyota Yaris
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you doing for spare? My truck should be coming next few days. It comes with a full size spare. I am planning to leave one of the steel wheels on and drive it around the block to see if it works well as a spare. Worried it will be too different.
Sponsored