Sponsored

MA1 stopped work. Replace with same or different?

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My MA1 stopped working reliably. It would connect, then disconnect, and repeat. Eventually the car would complain the USB device is not supported. Up until then it worked well.

Should I replace it with another MA1, or an AAWireless? Anyone make the switch?
Sponsored

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sometimes mine will say it can't connect so I Close the message and it connects a few seconds later.
I also have issues where it'll cut out and disconnect but have observed that these events happen in the same geographical areas. I think one strip mall in particular is using some frequencies that interfere with my Bluetooth. Signal restores as soon as I drive out of that area.

Have you noticed similar patterns? Have you disconnected the USB for 30 seconds and reconnected?

I haven't tried other options as I'm currently okay with my situation, but following to see what others have to say.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't have one yet since I don't have my truck but I want to go wireless so I am following. It seems like a lot of this stuff has to be re-started periodically. I used to have to reboot my home modem routinely but not with the current one- I hope the reliability keeps improving.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My MA1 stopped working reliably. It would connect, then disconnect, and repeat. Eventually the car would complain the USB device is not supported. Up until then it worked well.

I have both aaa and ma1 I've tried both in the maverick. Drops signal with both,see no difference. In Toyota both works with no problem.

OP
OP
Egz

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would happen in really remote locations, so I doubt its interference from another building. Also, it worked just fine for the first 11 months.

Sponsored

My Maverick and Me

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT, Ecoboost, AWD, FX4, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I never could get my AAWireless to work right or auto connect. I tossed it in the garbage and now back to hardwiring again. You might try another USB cord, sometimes they start getting bad connection and stop working.

OP
OP
Egz

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might try another USB cord, sometimes they start getting bad connection and stop working.
Unfortunately, the MA1 USB cable is hardwired to the device, so you can't replace it.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would happen in really remote locations, so I doubt its interference from another building. Also, it worked just fine for the first 11 months.
It may still be covered under the 1 year warranty, depending on where you bought it.
I've had no issues with mine after 4 months. I also have an AAWireless, but it's in a different vehicle so I haven't really compared them.

https://motorolasound.com/support/product-support?productId=6219

OP
OP
Egz

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon, and I bought it in January (even though it was first connected in March), so its well out of warranty.

My Maverick and Me

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT, Ecoboost, AWD, FX4, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unfortunately, the MA1 USB cable is hardwired to the device, so you can't replace it.

Well that sucks, it could be the cord and you can't change it out to try and fix it. Me and my wife use cords on all three of our vehicles for android auto and I've changed out multiple cords over the past few years because they stop working with Android Auto. They will work with audio only but stop working for Android Auto. I think Android Auto requires more data transmitting so the cord has to be in pristine condition to work properly, as in the pins in the connectors. They seem to go bad fairly quickly if your plugging and unplugging them frequently.
Sponsored