First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had never owned, driven or rode in a hybrid before ordering mine.
I was totally turned off by the whole concept of electric cars or hybrid technology and still am to some degree. But just like everyone else I decided to take a chance and just go for it. I told my dealership I was gonna force myself to love it once it came in.
I took delivery of Levi, January 3rd & I'm happy to report 4500 miles later, I didnt have to force myself. The Maverick has exceeded all my expectations & looks just as good as any other truck on the road but in a smaller, more affordable, economical package. I love my pickup and will drive it till the wheels fall off.
Ford will make improvements each model year now that people are driving them and giving feedback. It isnt without tiny flaws but nothing earth shattering and a little tweak or tune here or there will solve. I personally have had zero issues, like some have reported. Most of the "complaints" are subjective anyway! Obviously, it isn't for everyone. If you need more truck, look elswhere. I'm gonna make a bold statement: This truck, IMO is all most people actually need! I'm glad Ford brought a small truck to market, its what people want!
I agree. I just wanted to have a truck again, but I didn't want to spend a fortune. It used to be that trucks were the cheap vehicle. I'm not sure when that switched, but I am really looking forward to my truck. I wanted a truck mainly to eliminate the need for help in hauling that rare time I needed something big to haul, or to not have to vacuum out my trunk because something like straw or sand remained in my trunk.

I too shied away from battery or hybrid anything. My original reservation was for an eco boost. But when I actually made my order I decided to try a hybrid to save $ at the pump. I'm still not sold on battery only. For me that wouldn't make sense just yet, especially if I did need to travel a far distance. Not enough charging stations yet in my opinion. But having a battery that doesn't need to be plugged in does make sense for now.

I'm also not in need of all the bells and whistles that come with a top of the line car/suv/truck, but I do like the heated seats and remote start. Living in the north, in the winter, is so appreciated.
Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wants to drive a huge truck that gets 12 mpg anymore?
I know a few lifted and obnoxious Chevy owners that would like to have a word with you. Lol