First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought a Prius 11 years ago. Super reliable (knockon wood) and great mpg. One drawback- the seats make my back hurt after 1/2 hour or so. On long road trips I get out on gas or food stops literally grunting and groaning.

How are them Maverick thrones?
Sponsored

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bad back here.

Not bad. Just did a 530mi round trip for memorial day weekend. About 2 hours at a time each way before stopping for food or break (not fuel).

Holds up well. Does get a little sore after the 4 hour mark. I've learned that you need to recline the seat a bit more than you usually would to get the wings along your lower back where they should be rather than pushing into your ribs.

Also, mine is a Lariat. This was definitely something I was nervous about. But so far I'm okay with the setup compared to my old Buick regal with the plush leather seats.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comfy cozy.

And the cab very easy to slide in and to exit.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Zero complaints and I had scoliosis back surgery when I was a teenager. Super bolstered seats are an issue, no complaints on my current XL. Longest drive so far was home from the dealer. About ~7 hours stopping only twice about 10 minutes each stop.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had a couple 70 mile trips to my son's. I loved the seats in my Jeep Wrangler they were perfect for me. The XLT with the 4FX package rides nice but the seats are not as nice as the Wrangler. I have a long trip in August (MN to CO) so I'll see how they treat me.
I broke my back in a car wreck in 1977 (proximal compression fracture of the L4) My chiropractor keeps me lined up.

Sponsored

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2013 Prius and experienced back pain after a couple hours behind the wheel. I did a 1700 mile road trip in my Maverick and never experienced back pain even during a 10 hour run. My Lariat has a power seat with lumbar support for the driver. I think the comfort is most due to the upright position.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
I'm just over 6 feet tall and the bottom seat cushion is very short. It's to the point that the end of the seat cushion only supports about 2/3rds of my upper legs which means there's a pressure point and it cuts off blood circulation. Also, I find that the seat does not move far enough back for me, I wish it could go back at least another inch to give me better leg room but I do understand that ergonomics were designed for the 95th percentile and not me. It doesn't matter since I don't do long trips and have a more comfortable vehicle for that but I personally would not want to take the Mav on a days long trip. I feel like anyone 5'10" and under would not have this problem.
Sponsored