Sponsored

Seating Comfort

Tbone91

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
853
Reaction score
1,320
Location
Fulton, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
My my wife's Escape is still more comfortable than my Maverick.
The seats are larger=more thigh support and have more padding.
Must be the butts 😆 my girlfriend is on her second Escape, Idk if I'd like them for a long trip. Too firm and they sit higher IMO 🤷‍♂️ at 5'10" I feel like I'm grazing the ceiling and have to adjust my seatback to be comfortable under the roofline. As we know too well from this forum tho, everyone has their own opinions 😁
Sponsored

 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,723
Reaction score
15,885
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must be the butts 😆 my girlfriend is on her second Escape, Idk if I'd like them for a long trip. Too firm and they sit higher IMO 🤷‍♂️ at 5'10" I feel like I'm grazing the ceiling and have to adjust my seatback to be comfortable under the roofline. As we know too well from this forum tho, everyone has their own opinions 😁
My wife's on her second Escape too. She found the seats in my Maverick uncomfortable on our trip to San Diego this year or last year on our trip up to Elko, NV. We would probably defer to her Escape for our trips, if it had a few less miles.
The Escape seats are deeper and wider.
That is a lot more thigh support.
IMG20240719143920.jpg


IMG20240719061645.jpg
 
Last edited:

Tbone91

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
853
Reaction score
1,320
Location
Fulton, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
My wife's on her second Escape too. She found the seats in my Maverick uncomfortable on our trip to San Diego this year or last year on our trip up to Elko, NV. We would probably defer to her Escape for our trips, if it had a few less miles.
Interesting. My girl hasn't said if there was a difference between the two but she is comfortable in both.
 

notfast

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 25, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
1,586
Location
Los Angeles CA
Vehicle(s)
'26 XL hybrid AWD 4K tow
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My girl and I have no complaints with the seats 🤷‍♂️ 14 hours down to Tennessee and another 14 hours back up after our week long vacation last Thanksgiving. My did girl hate my '17 Elantra seats on the same trip the previous year.
I have no problem with seating in my 25 Lariat. Very comfortable even on 7 or 8 hour drives.
Me either, up to 16 hours in my XLT, but my butt probably isn't just like everyone else's.
Same here. Longest single stretch for me was 7 hours nonstop. Got out after 7 hours without problems. I thought I was going to have to buy an XLT Lux or higher so I could have the power seat, but it turns out that the basic 6-way manual seats were fantastic for me.

On the flipside, 3 hours is about as far as I can make it in my D40 Nissan Frontier, and that has 12-way power adjust, 2-way lumbar, heat, leather. I think a church pew would be more comfortable.
 

Tbone91

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
853
Reaction score
1,320
Location
Fulton, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Same here. Longest single stretch for me was 7 hours nonstop. Got out after 7 hours without problems. I thought I was going to have to buy an XLT Lux or higher so I could have the power seat, but it turns out that the basic 6-way manual seats were fantastic for me.

On the flipside, 3 hours is about as far as I can make it in my D40 Nissan Frontier, and that has 12-way power adjust, 2-way lumbar, heat, leather. I think a church pew would be more comfortable.
"a church pew would be more comfortable" 😆
 
 







Top