Livernois tuning for 2.0 Maverick is coming

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
I'm wary of invalidating my factory warranty. If something can be done that won't give ford an excuse to drop the warranty that's fine.
It's the game you play to make more power. Esp with a forced induction vehicle.
Sponsored

davis1d0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2021 Expedition, 1993 T-bird
I'm wary of invalidating my factory warranty. If something can be done that won't give ford an excuse to drop the warranty that's fine.
I have tuned several F150s and have not had warranty issues. Set it back to stock if you need to take it in for anything more than routine service.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I bought a cheap netbook for storing tunes.
As someone in IT this is terrifying, please back it up to at least one other location like a hard drive or google drive etc. Google drive is free.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Chips are junk, handheld tuners are the real deal.

A real tune will feel like you have doubled your horsepower and torque.

These are handheld tuners that hold tunes on to them. They save a copy of the stock file on to the tuner and load a modified version in to the vehicle.

They adjust engine parameter for more horsepower and torque. You can base the tunes off fuel, a 87 octane has less power then a 93 tune. But both offer better performance then the stock tune that comes on the vehicle.

You can have an auto transmission tune they include if you want that will make the trans shift better then factory for performance, towing, etc.

You can also calibrate things like the tire size so your odometer reads correctly if changing tire sizes.

Most handheld tuners will come with a canned tune that is mild with different octanes that will work on all Maverick that have same engine and drivetrain.
But the best thing is ordering a custom tune that is tailored to each specific vehicle and super fine tuned to that specific vehicle For whatever parameters you desire. 87 Performance, 87 tow or 93 Performance, 93 tow, etc. You can even request eco tunes for better gas mileage, the trade off is less performance.
Thanks for the information. The last time I tuned a vehicle I adjusted the points gap, put in hotter spark plugs, better coil, and adjusted timing for performance. The technology has certainly advanced. I want to purchase something to tune my Maverick with, but don't know which to buy.

Again, thanks.

NycGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, tacoma, bmw 325 89
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive had the Cobb Acess port for a couple months and have loved every second of it. Super easy to use, they have great tech support, and opens the door to getting custom tunes changing wheel sizes and other functions. Would deff recommend Im currently tying to figure out where to get a custom tune to pair with a cold air intake.
Sponsored