Sponsored

Lightweight travel trailer (sub-2000 lbs) for camping -- recommendations?

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2023 Ecoboost, awd, Lariat, lux, copilot 360, has factory trailer hitch. I love the truck averaging 26.4. I have 4,000 miles on it and drive a lot at 80mph on the turnpike.
question is the next thing I want to get is a small travel trailer under 2,000 pounds for camping. Does anyone have one they pull, how does it handle, and any helpful info.
I have looked at the small scamp travel trailer. Just want a small 2 person with a bathroom and shower.
I don’t have 4K tow package or have a need for more than 2 people.
Sponsored

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be watching this thread pretty close. We've been looking for the same thing. Scamp is on the radar but we've been close to going with a Taxa Tiger Moth and just getting a portable shower and shitter with a small propane instant water heater.

OP
OP
MarineStockton
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be watching this thread pretty close. We've been looking for the same thing. Scamp is on the radar but we've been close to going with a Taxa Tiger Moth and just getting a portable shower and shitter with a small propane instant water heater.
I looked up a lot of lightweight options. My wife says it has to have a shower and bathroom inside. Airstream has an awesome light weight one. I just don’t like the price.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked up a lot of lightweight options. My wife says it has to have a shower and bathroom inside. Airstream has an awesome light weight one. I just don’t like the price.
I didn't even look at airstream. Don't care for the looks, but even if I did they are way too proud of their stuff. Just paying for a name. I looked into the meerkat trailer as well. Nice, but more than I'd like to spend for such a small trailer.

Phil M

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you looked at Colorado Teardrop? They have quite a few models under 2000 pounds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MarineStockton
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I find a model I like I’m not against shopping for a nice used one. I’m looking to stay under 20k.

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aliner Ascape , Aliner A/Frames - Colorado teardrops are nice but can easily get upwards of 32k+
I second A-Liner. My wife isn't sold on them, but I'd prefer one as they can be stored in a third garage stall easily and are somewhat of a "best of both worlds" approach.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I second A-Liner. My wife isn't sold on them, but I'd prefer one as they can be stored in a third garage stall easily and are somewhat of a "best of both worlds" approach.
Not sold due to the weird inside bathroom option ?

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sold due to the weird inside bathroom option ?
I just think it's a "cute" factor for her more than anything; utilitarian does nothing for her.

A wet bath is a wet bath, even one that collapses in half; my only concerns with RV bathrooms are many are laid out to where you can only wipe with your left hand and I'm not that talented as a southpaw! 😂😂😂

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just think it's a "cute" factor for her more than anything; utilitarian does nothing for her.

A wet bath is a wet bath, even one that collapses in half; my only concerns with RV bathrooms are many are laid out to where you can only wipe with your left hand and I'm not that talented as a southpaw! 😂😂😂
They are making the Ascapes again after stopping production during covid. They look like a sweet option for 2 with a real bathroom - I'm just not sure it's enough room to sleep 2 + daughter. The new Aliner Evolutions look damn sexy too - Liking the hard dormer options.

NewMavIL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid