lifting springs

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
H&R 51680 Bronco Sport Raising Springs Lift Kit (steeda.com)

Was wondering if anyone would know if these springs would fit an ecoboost 2.0 AWD truck? I know they are basically the same chassis. Please Dont rail me for being ignorant, just curious. Thanks
Honestly man, i am thinking of trying it. I still want to research the curb weight of the Bronco sport vs the maverick. But my thought on it is this.... The bronco has the fully enclose rear section (duh SUV), therefor i imagine the weight on the rear tires would be more then that of the Maverick, since it has the open bed, but this may not be true, due to the fact that they would have to engineer more "structure" into the unibody because its open, and is designed to have a 1500LB payload. BUT BUT BUT, the Maverick has a longer wheel base, and this will change the corner weight on each of the tires, so maybe the rear corner weights aren't that much difference. I remember when i was younger, i used to load semi truck trailers. We used to load the trailers up, and the driver would come back to us, saying they went to the scales and the weight on the Dive axles was too high. so we would have them move their rear "tandems" a few pins locations forward, and it would "transfer" the weight off the drive axles and put more on the rear tandems of the trailer, therefor allowing them to pass the international weight station requirements.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe so from some other posts I’ve seen but don’t make a purchase based on me lol

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Bronco Sport H&R springs are what GAS used on their LA Auto Show Maverick. I spoke to H&R and they said nobody had the Mav prototype springs so that must have been what was used. H&R has Maverick specific springs with a 1.2” lift in development but with no firm ETA on availability.

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you plan on towing/hauling anything heavier than the bronco sport is rated for, I would wait for the Maverick specific springs.

Sponsored

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
H&R has Maverick specific springs with a 1.2” lift in development but with no firm ETA on availability.
I confirmed this yesterday. I called H&R, and they said the lift spring specific to the Maverick is on the way, but no firm ETA.

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
If you plan on towing/hauling anything heavier than the bronco sport is rated for, I would wait for the Maverick specific springs.
Or could run a AirLift help air bag that goes inside the spring. I did this on my Brother in laws Scion XB, that he used to use to deliver mail on his mail route. His route grew in size after like 6 mons, so he "upgraded" to a van.
Im about to just pull the trigger on the Bronco sport springs and install just the front first, see how it sits. I really don't like the forward down rake on a "lifted" application. On a lowered "street truck" application, i do like the forward down rake, it also improves initial turn in grip. Once i install the springs on the front, if it is squatted in the rear, i may just make or buy a small spacer for the rear, to keep the factory Maverick springs/springrate.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hoping H/R comes out with a lift spring for the Mav which also allows full 4K tow option-

AzChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick FX4
Hoping H/R comes out with a lift spring for the Mav which also allows full 4K tow option-
I asked them specifically about that exact thing, and they explained that their first goal is to get the Maverick springs to market for the "mass" market first. Which will not be for 4K tow specific. They did say they will address that following the release of the first springs.

I think i am going to just buy the bronco sport lift springs, and install only the fronts. I cant do it right at this moment in time, as i am middle of perfecting the build on my drift Willy's Jeep, so a lot of my time and money has gone to this. I am also in the process of modifying my car hauler trailer to be a tilt bed type. The current market prices of trailers blew my mine, and i could not afford to purchase a tilt deck that has removable fenders. So i purchased a car hauler that has a flat 83" wide deck, and i and modifying the fender to be removable, and also making the deck tilt. My drift Willy's Jeep is running a crown Victoria front suspension set up, and was already very wide with the wheel offsets im running, and i just finished installing the "angle kit" that i had a drift car builder company in Canada make for me. It is really wide now, 86". WOW

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm leaning the other way, lowering springs, but I originally had the same concern. I personally don't see H&R designing two different lifting springs for AWD, nor will they make two different lowing springs for AWD. When I inquired about their Escape kit, they said thier lifting/lowering springs would be fine with or without tow package. The Escape is a little different as its tow package equipped only bumps the rating to 3,500 lbs and the payload capacity isn't as high as our Maverick's. They assured me it would likely be a non-issue as there's much more to the tow packages than just springs. In fact, on the AWD Escape, the tow package equipped model has the same springs all around as the non-tow package Escape. Has anyone verified that the Maverick has different springs for the 4k tow package? Might be a place to start. I recall someone saying the only AWD Maverick with different springs was the FX4, which would mean non-FX4, 4k equipped or not, would have the same springs.

Long story short, I won't let it hold me back if their kit(s) are not 4k specific. But I would like to add rear helper bags for those few times I may load the bed down or hook on a trailer.

Best, Dave

Sponsored

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can someone measure their spring inner diameter? I have been known to build my own "rally"coilovers for my WRXs using standard 2.5 inch racing springs and some bits I machined. I won't have my truck for at least a few months or I would check myself. Really any specs for the spring and struts/shocks would be quite helpful.