Sponsored

Could lifting the Maverick void your warranty?

Another1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 shadow black lariat ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello folks,
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm really enjoying my mav and would like to increase the ground clearance by using a lift kit. I also think a set of bigger wider tires would give it great look. Not really going for a tiny monster truck look, but rather like something you know you can take out in a snow storm or off road without worry.
That being said, would these mods affect or void my warranty?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would depend what needed the warranty repair. Adding a mod in and of itself is not automatic grounds for voiding a warranty. The dealer or whoever has to make the case the mod was the cause for the problem. If you spun a bearing or some other suspension related issue there is good chance the warranty coverage won't be honored. Now if for example a door latch needed to be replaced the coverage should be honored.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes It could void the warranty depending on the dealer. That would apply to the factory warranty and an extended warranty here's an example of what they won't cover and that any modifications could void the warranty.

Other Components and Repairs – Fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues, repairs covered by manufacturer recalls, any insurance or if the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of any warranty, repairs caused by improper unreasonable use, !(unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle, )!and repairs caused by lack of required or recommended maintenance. Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement. Refer to contract for details.
Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements – Items listed in your vehicle’s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services. So if a dealer does a lift for you is it authorized? And covered under the warranty ?

Last edited:

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you put in a lift kit and your half shafts go bad or start leaking there is a good chance they will not cover the replacement since you have placed additional stress on the boots and joints. It all depends on whether your dealer thinks you have modified they truck beyond the operating limits. There are some threads on here where users were denied warranty repair for lift kits. I would look at a tremor and see how much it is lifted and whether the same parts for the halfshafts were used.

OP
OP
Another1

Another1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes It could void the warranty depending on the dealer. That would apply to the factory warranty and an extended warranty here's an example of what they won't cover and that any modifications could void the warranty.

Other Components and Repairs – Fabric, liners, fasteners, carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery, physical damage or cosmetic issues, repairs covered by manufacturer recalls, any insurance or if the vehicle is within the time and mileage limits of any warranty, repairs caused by improper unreasonable use, !(unauthorized alterations or modifications of the vehicle, )!and repairs caused by lack of required or recommended maintenance. Costs or expenses for the teardown, rental expense, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by this Agreement. Refer to contract for details.
Repairs Related to Your Maintenance Requirements – Items listed in your vehicle’s owner guide. Examples include: batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, exhaust system (includes catalytic converter), spark plugs, squeaks, rattles, tires, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, all lamps and lights (LED and HID lights, bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) except when purchased with New or Incomplete PremiumCARE Interior/Exterior Lighting Option, fogging of lamp assemblies, shock absorbers, service adjustments and cleaning, and scheduled maintenance services. So if a dealer does a lift for you is it authorized? And covered under the warranty ?

Thank you Grand Nat. Very comprehensive explanation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Another1

Another1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you put in a lift kit and your half shafts go bad or start leaking there is a good chance they will not cover the replacement since you have placed additional stress on the boots and joints. It all depends on whether your dealer thinks you have modified they truck beyond the operating limits. There are some threads on here where users were denied warranty repair for lift kits. I would look at a tremor and see how much it is lifted and whether the same parts for the halfshafts were used.
Great idea gp1200x. I'll definitely check that out

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tremor is only lifted about an inch and it includes the upgraded half shafts from the Bronco Sport Badlands. My Maverick isn't lifted and I've already had my front half shafts replaced due to leaking CV boots.

RedRider

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion, 2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just like a lifted RWD with an altered driveshaft angle, if you lift the vehicle then you are changing the angles on the halfshafts. They will experience more wear and more flexing on the boots as they traverse greater angles with every tire rotation. No way that will be covered under warranty when the boots and CV joints fail. You should take note that the Tremor uses a different halfshaft design for the relatively small lift in that model.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can get about 1/2 inch of lift just by changing the tires from a 225 65/R17 to a 245 65/R17 which is about the largest tire the wheel well can accomodate. I wouldn't recommend it though if you plan to haul any serious weight in the bed since the suspension is probably not stiff enough to keep the tires from potentially rubbing on the wheel wells. 235 65/R17 is the largest tire I would recommend in this case unless you put in air bag lifts for the rear suspension to tighten it up.

The way to calculate this if you want to see what tire sizes and rims get you on lift from stock it is the following.

The overall diameter is the rim diameter + 2*sidewall height

sidewall height is determined in the following way using the stock 225 65/R17 tire as an example

SH = (tire width * aspect ratio) / 100 = (225 * 65) / 100 = 146.25 mm
to convert to inches
146.25 / 25.4 = 5.76 inches

SH for a 235 65/R17 = 6.01 inches
SH for a 245 65/R17 = 6.27 inches

The 235 65/R17 will give you .25 inches of lift and the 245 65/R17 will give you .50 inches of lift from stock. Neither should void a warranty only drawbacks will be a potential drop in MPG and a speedometer that no longer reads correctly without being recalibrated.

Bertram

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2017 Transit Connect Wagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello folks,
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm really enjoying my mav and would like to increase the ground clearance by using a lift kit. I also think a set of bigger wider tires would give it great look. Not really going for a tiny monster truck look, but rather like something you know you can take out in a snow storm or off road without worry.
That being said, would these mods affect or void my warranty?
Thanks in advance!
It will void if it has something to do with suspension. If a CV joint went bad they would say the lift changed the angle. I know this if you have Zeibart rust protect your vehicle it automatically voids the warrenty as it applys to body rust.

OP
OP
Another1

Another1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine