First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
including the right not to invest in designing and tooling a product that very few people will buy.
Majority of people who want lifts want 4WD and have therefore purchased Ecoboost Mavs. It's that simple.
I guess I'm part of the minority. I had a 2020 F150 2WD that I lifted and put 33's on. Now I have a hybrid and am going to lift her too. :unsure:

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid uses the same suspension as the fwd Ecoboost and there is a least one lift kit for it.
At least the hybrid version uses 'force vectoring' rear springs. Those springs have a curved compression designed to resist lateral movement of the axle as the vehicle goes through corners. I don't think the geometry of a lift kit would keep the truck as stable in the same scenario. Maybe that's why some of these lift kits say 'for off road use only'.

I have not seen a FWD Eco, so I can't say if it has the same rear springs as the hybrid.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I e
At least the hybrid version uses 'force vectoring' rear springs. Those springs have a curved compression designed to resist lateral movement of the axle as the vehicle goes through corners. I don't think the geometry of a lift kit would keep the truck as stable in the same scenario. Maybe that's why some of these lift kits say 'for off road use only'.

I have not seen a FWD Eco, so I can't say if it has the same rear springs as the hybrid.
I edited my post, it should have read FRONT suspension. They’re the same in both powertrains. The “off road only “ is just legal bs, they know people are driving them on the road.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Big balls couldn’t care less about mpgs

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I'm part of the minority. I had a 2020 F150 2WD that I lifted and put 33's on. Now I have a hybrid and am going to lift her too. :unsure:
Nothing wrong with being in the minority! I have to admit that, at some times, I've tried a little too hard to be "different." No I just am different :LOL:

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To all the naysayers- I've been down a lot of dirt roads in 2WD vehicles (including a Prius ;)) and a little extra lift definitely helps with the ruts ridges and rocks.

ps technically I was driving 1WD vehicles as none had an LSD.

Options13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is a Hybrid but I think it simply would look better with a 1” lift to level it. It’s all about the look just as the BFG - LT 245/65/17 tires, tinted windows, tinted head lights & tail lights, added license plate to balance the look from the back end & blacked out blue oval on front and back.
Sponsored