First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar question: any recommendations for a on-road focused all season snow rated tire? I don't need off road capability but I do do a fair amount of snow driving
I’ve already purchased Michelin CrossClimate2 for similar reasons. I had the Continentals that come on the Maverick hybrid on my last car and didn’t like them. I will use dedicated winter tires on separate rims, but sometimes winter arrives before I’m able to make the switch. The CrossClimate2s seemed to me to have a great combination of ride, handling, quiet and wet/snow traction. Intensive comparison review on Tire Rack page with similar tires.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....022&autoModel=Maverick+Hybrid&autoModClar=XLT
Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you bought a hybrid to save money, why buy new tires before you need them?
Tires are big deal to me and it isn't a cosmetic thing for me. For me, tires need to glue the vehicle to the road or they get replaced, even if they are new.

I had a Grand Marquis that a dealer put new tires on when I bought it. The tires he put on were top-of-line Coopers but . . . that car never felt good driving it, especially in winter. I had my dealer check the tires and the suspension but everything was 'good'. When it came time to replace tires, I put Michelin's on it because I like that brand.

Instantly, that car felt glued to the road. It tracked great and it didn't feel like it was fighting me. It was such a difference that even my wife commented on the improvement.

I want to enjoy and trust the Maverick on the road so, based on my own past experience, I have budgeted new tires into the truck purchase if needed.

mipakr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TourX & Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mileage Schmileage, front wheel drive without snow tires is not somewhere I want to be. You're the one making the payments, do whatever you want :ROFLMAO:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand.

It's all about the L:oops::oops:KS.

If you bought a hybrid to save money, why buy new tires before you need them?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Listen son, what ya need is the Falken Wildebeasts, they grip da road likes a Cheetah.

Tires are big deal to me and it isn't a cosmetic thing for me. For me, tires need to glue the vehicle to the road or they get replaced, even if they are new.

I had a Grand Marquis that a dealer put new tires on when I bought it. The tires he put on were top-of-line Coopers but . . . that car never felt good driving it, especially in winter. I had my dealer check the tires and the suspension but everything was 'good'. When it came time to replace tires, I put Michelin's on it because I like that brand.

Instantly, that car felt glued to the road. It tracked great and it didn't feel like it was fighting me. It was such a difference that even my wife commented on the improvement.

I want to enjoy and trust the Maverick on the road so, based on my own past experience, I have budgeted new tires into the truck purchase if needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeanBonham

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Listen son, what ya need is the Falken Wildebeasts, they grip da road likes a Cheetah.
Son haha naw man. I had Wildpeaks on my Tacoma, they were great but heavy. Started to dry rot at 40k miles, I'd have them again but not on a Maverick.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking about getting BFG Trail Terrain TA (not all terrain TA). The lighter-less offroady version of those.

I live in LA so many might think, why not just keep the street tires? Well, driving in LA is similar to driving offroad. We have potholes, chunks of metal, nails, deep dips in the road, and screws everywhere. We need tires that are less prone to punctures and blowouts.

supermann423

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm thinking about getting BFG Trail Terrain TA (not all terrain TA). The lighter-less offroady version of those.

I live in LA so many might think, why not just keep the street tires? Well, driving in LA is similar to driving offroad. We have potholes, chunks of metal, nails, deep dips in the road, and screws everywhere. We need tires that are less prone to punctures and blowouts.
I’m in So Cal area as well and local Costco has the Trail Terrains. On sale until May I think and might be getting them!

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in So Cal area as well and local Costco has the Trail Terrains. On sale until May I think and might be getting them!
What's the price per tire? All the locations near me say sold out and don't list the price.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As soon as I can find wheels I’m going with Continental Crosscontact ATR in the stock size on my Hybrid. A moderate AT tread pattern and exactly the same weight as the stock tires. Although the same size and weight, the tread width is almost an inch wider due to the more square shoulders.

OP
OP
SeanBonham

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As soon as I can find wheels I’m going with Continental Crosscontact ATR in the stock size on my Hybrid. A moderate AT tread pattern and exactly the same weight as the stock tires. Although the same size and weight, the tread width is almost an inch wider due to the more square shoulders.

I’m thinking these are the way for my truck as well.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rolling Resistance. How do these stack up against other AT's modified for small trucks SUV's that are only looking for moderate offroad ability. I have Wild Peak AT Trail on my Subaru Crosstrek and will have Nokian Passport ATP's on my Maverick Hybrid. The Wildpeaks took approximately 2MPG off my Cross Trek. The Nokians are supposed to have low rolling resistance. We will eventually see if they do or not. I know my Michelin Cross Climates dropped my Motorhomes MPG by over 2MPG. Bottom line unless gas mileage is not important, I would ask whst the rolling resistance performance is.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
Rolling Resistance.
Can be relative... Tires are a tradeoff, and you can't get a low rolling resistance tire that's also a really good AT tire. The pattern is consistent; you have to choose one or the other.
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article...yre-for-your-SUV-or-Pickup-truck-HT-AT-MT.htm

Same in snow. You can have an AT tire, OR a snow tire. I know of no "AT snow tires." Not talking 3PMSF here, but real snow tires.
https://www.tire-reviews.com/Article/HT-vs-AT-vs-MT-vs-Winter-Tires-on-Snow.htm
Sponsored