Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here's mine. The only changes so far are color and I added the 400W inverter. Dealer misunderstood and put alto blue when I said atlas blue. I added the 400W with intention of replacing it with a 500 or 600 watt pure sine wave inverter. BTW, I erased the sales and order codes. I don't want some troll to try and hijack my order.

Ford Maverick Lets see your build sheet! 23 Maverick build sheet-12
Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added the 400W with intention of replacing it with a 500 or 600 watt pure sine wave inverter.
Be aware that the inverter is fused for 60 amps (60 amps x 12 volts = 720 watts), but that's sized to account for startup surges. Trying to draw more will pop the fuse.

Also, based on comments regarding the stock inverter in the owner's manual, it appears (but is not completely clear, as it doesn't come right out and say it) that the inverter is a modified sine wave inverter, which are not suitable for more sensitive devices. Google can explain better.

There are existing forums topics regarding upgrading the inverter. The short version is that you will have to wire directly to the existing 12V battery, and thus can only work while the truck is switched on. Be aware that both powertrains have limits on how much power they can supply.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Be aware that the inverter is fused for 60 amps (60 amps x 12 volts = 720 watts), but that's sized to account for startup surges. Trying to draw more will pop the fuse.

Also, based on comments regarding the stock inverter in the owner's manual, it appears (but is not completely clear, as it doesn't come right out and say it) that the inverter is a modified sine wave inverter, which are not suitable for more sensitive devices. Google can explain better.

There are existing forums topics regarding upgrading the inverter. The short version is that you will have to wire directly to the existing 12V battery, and thus can only work while the truck is switched on. Be aware that both powertrains have limits on how much power they can supply.
The 400W is a modified sine wave inverter which is why I will replace it with a pure sine wave inverter (for charging computers and other electronics that can't use USB to charge). I'm mostly adding the 400W is so that I don't have to run any power cables, just use the existing ones on the replacement. I figure it can handle a 700 watt easily, but I will probably just get a 500 watt. The most I will plug into it is a small refrigerator (75 to 100 watts).

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I figure it can handle a 700 watt easily
The stock inverter wiring will max out at 720 watts and as covered, that must also cover startup and similar surges.

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The CP360 is the one thing I wish I had experience with, or at least had a test drive before ordering. When ordering early last fall I only had the info on Ford’s website and I didn’t see anything in the 360 that seemed necessary. I have owned and driven vehicles with features like lane assist, and I hated them. Even in our fully loaded Buick Regal sportback we got brand new, i never change lanes without looking over my shoulder, despite all the tech the car has to detect any other car or object around me. The beeping, or the self-correction if the car thinks you aren’t in your place in the lane-I could never grow used to. I’m sure not having it won’t be enough for me to hate the truck. Hopefully.
I plan on towing a teardrop or other small trailer with the Mav when it eventually is built. I have no experience towing so my thinking was that the blind spot monitor and other features could help with the learning curve. Plus as others posted you can usually get an insurance discount for them.

I do have a little experience with the lane keeping on a Ford UHaul van I rented, it seemed to work okay. Not "autopilot" by any means but it brought me back into the center of the lane a few times when I was changing the radio or otherwise not paying full attention to the road.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 400W is a modified sine wave inverter which is why I will replace it with a pure sine wave inverter (for charging computers and other electronics that can't use USB to charge). I'm mostly adding the 400W is so that I don't have to run any power cables, just use the existing ones on the replacement. I figure it can handle a 700 watt easily, but I will probably just get a 500 watt. The most I will plug into it is a small refrigerator (75 to 100 watts).
If all you are plugging in is a refrigerator, then don't bother swapping it out. It won't care you are using a modified sine wave inverter as it isn't that sensitive.

In fact, unless you are planning to plug in audio equipment, pretty much nothing is going to care about the signal as most devices are just going to convert the power back to DC anyway and the modified sine wave makes no difference there as long as the device didn't skimp by using cheap capacitors.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on towing a teardrop or other small trailer with the Mav when it eventually is built. I have no experience towing so my thinking was that the blind spot monitor and other features could help with the learning curve. Plus as others posted you can usually get an insurance discount for them.
When you have a trailer connected to the Maverick, it will deactivate the blind spot information system, as the Maverick doesn't have the same sensors in the tail lights that the F-150 does that work at a much farther rearward direction.

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you have a trailer connected to the Maverick, it will deactivate the blind spot information system, as the Maverick doesn't have the same sensors in the tail lights that the F-150 does that work at a much farther rearward direction.
Okay thanks, I hadn't heard of that before.

OP
OP
CenTex

CenTex

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2021 Accord Sport
Ford Maverick Lets see your build sheet! 1664830465087

At least they sent an email this time. I didn't get an email from Ford last year when I ordered in Oct. of 21.

Sponsored

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
will the hitch come wired for 4 pin. Will you need 7 pin, how will you do that?
Hybrid only has 2,000lbs of towing. You don’t need brake controllers at that weight generally.

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Engine
Undecided
Hybrid only has 2,000lbs of towing. You don’t need brake controllers at that weight generally.
My 1500lb teardrop has brakes, so I'll be wiring the 7 pin. One list I saw showed it was an option for all builds

AURktman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Frontier Pro-X
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick Lets see your build sheet! Maverick order (2)

OP
OP
CenTex

CenTex

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2021 Accord Sport
Ford Maverick Lets see your build sheet! 1664896957863

Final build sheet. Ill get a LineX spray in and a BAKFlip MX4 for it when it comes in.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here is mine.